cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

SMS Verification : Ebay's attitude and incompetence

xxheytherexx
Community Member
Buyer Requirements : SMS Verification process : Missing out on auctions and goods.

I am fed up of Ebay's phone and chat representatives. Ebay does not care. I have lost out on quite a few auctions and been unable to buy items because of buyer requirements > SMS verification.

I have already completed this verification process, but ebay wants me to go through it - again.
When I enter my mobile number (same one used earlier as I don't have another), I get the error, "The cell phone number you entered (9xxxxxxxxx) has been used for verification by another member.
Please make sure you have entered the right number."
I have wasted more than 1 hour talking to ebay's phone support, and also half an hour with a chat support agent.
They all say the same thing, please use another phone number, issue will be resolved within 48 hours, we promise.

As I am getting the flavor of ebay's incompetence and "we don't care" attitude, I am beginning to realize how helpless I am as a buyer when things go wrong here.

Ebay people, if you are listening, I am giving you time till the end of this week(not like your 48 hours), or until my latest purchase arrives. IF THIS PROBLEM IS NOT SOLVED BY THEN, OR IF I DON'T SEE YOU TAKING ANY STEPS TO RESOLVE IT, I WILL FOREVER DELETE MY ACCOUNT AND NEVER VISIT YOUR SITE AGAIN.

I have purchased more than RS 10000 worth of goods from your site in the past two months, so if you don't care about my problems then goodbye.
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

xxheytherexx
Community Member
I am sorry, but I don't see any other way out. I am not going to purchase another handsetโˆผ or borrow a friends number and later regret.
I hope you people understand what you are making your customer's go through.

Also, your phone and chat support is a painful experience and huge waste of time.
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

spl_ind
Community Member
For SMS verification you need to enter your mobile number and must add a zero before it. Who am I?
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

xxheytherexx
Community Member
how can I add a 0 before my number? The text box accepts 10 digits only!
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

spl_ind
Community Member
Then there must be some other option to verify your a/c. like verifying by using your credit card or verify by snail mail. I do not remember what it is called but there is an option where on request ebay will send the verification code via ordinary post to your home. When you get it you enter it online. Who am I?
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

vikramanv
Community Member
I am also having the same problem with ebay customer care through phone. They are not listening what we are saying and always replied in negative.
I have lost nearly Rs.700 when the seller has not shipped all the items I have ordered (Item Id 220710457452). I have raised a claim through ebay guarantee and they have closed the claim with the reason that I have cancelled my claim.
I have never cancelled my claim and I have contacted ebay customer support through phone the customary reply was since I have not attend a call from ebay on my mobile they have cancelled my claim. Is it fair on the part of ebay to cancel the claim of a genuine buyer like me who for the past 5 years never given any negative feed back to any one of my sellers?
Message 6 of 6
latest reply