Question to Ebay or Seller ?

gajavaktra
Community Member
Hi

Just question to ebay or seller like help you can say. These days we are facing problem with buyers is like they purchase the item and after that they start raising question like is something is there or not. Like take example some of the watches we sale has box some or not. we sale it like that and mention on the listing if the box is there but later after paying they start raising question is the box is there or not. If we say not for this watch then they start saying okay then refund the money. Latest one happen is like is this watch has this function we clearly mention what function it has still after paying he raising question and also he add in that question if not then don't send the product.

My question is how to deal with this kind of situation. I try thinking hard but still not able to feasible solution. If we denied there request for refund negative rating is there. If we agree then loss in sale.

with regards
Gajavaktra
Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

mobile-phones-etc
Community Member
hi,
Create a FAQ section within your listing and your shop front as well. link that with your every listing and motivate buyers to go through the sales terms and conditions and FAQ's as well. Hope this will help. buy genuine mobiles at unbeatable price.
http://stores.shop.ebay.in/Mobile-Phones-ETC

Change is state of mind..but inevitable.
buy genuine mobiles at unbeatable price.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

@mobile-phones-etc....

What's the point of having sales Terms and Conditions, buyer should read it and if they don't read and buy the item and again ask the same stupid questions then what ????

I have a nice red colour TnC put up but no one reads. Believe me it starts like this "PLEASE DO NOT BUY FROM US IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH OUR TERMS n CONDITIONS OF SALE". Still I get many buyers who ask the same stupid and ignorant questions all which I have answered in the list, again and again. What will you do.

One buyer takes the cake, ordered item on day1,
after 2 hrs 1st mail from buyer-"when will you send the item, I have paid full amount, you have ebay shop, you should send immediately after getting payment" (my answer-item will be sent today)
after 2 hrs again mail-"have you sent it, i need the item urgently as I am going out for 2 weeks"(I did not answer the mail)
after 3 hrs another mail-"if you cannot send then refund my payment, i will buy from another"

This is the condition even after writing that "All dispatch will be done as per ebay guidelines of sending the product". Now can you beat that. ******************
Regards.
Raj Electroniks.
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

@rajelectroniks
That was damn funny I just loved the way you typed.Lets come back to the business you cannot ship the item when the buyer wants you to as you may not be free all the time.this is kind of problem which I am also facing even from international buyer too.they place bid for items even good buyers having feedback score of more than 200 & after that they ask me cancel transaction & say they bought it by mistake.If I dont send them request to cancel transaction they for sure leave me negative.
Even today I made a sale to a buyer & just after making payment he sent me a message asking me to leave feedback for him & also confirm him when item is shipped.Just after 4-5 hours again I got a message please ship my item ASAP.Whats this we clearified in our listing that we will ship the item within 2 working days.
The best you can do regarding this just smile & say ok sir we do it as you say.
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

gajavaktra
Community Member
Thanks a lot for your value feedback. We will try to use some of your point. Rest depend on buyer.
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

mobile-phones-etc
Community Member
@ Raj,
I know what ya mean, i encounter similr buyers. Check my my usual replies.
One buyer takes the cake, ordered item on day1,
after 2 hrs 1st mail from buyer-"when will you send the item, I have paid full amount, you have ebay shop, you should send immediately after getting payment" (my answer-item will be sent as per eBay guidelines, please check item terms and conditions for more details, if you are not in agreement, let me know i will refund your money)
after 2 hrs again mail-"have you sent it, i need the item urgently as I am going out for 2 weeks"(Dont get this)
after 3 hrs another mail-"Dont get this"

LOL buy genuine mobiles at unbeatable price.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

mobile-phones-etc
Community Member
There is absolutely no way we can stop a buyer from asking a stupid question.
@optical- if a buyer has not paid for the item, they cannot leave negative feedback. If a buyer approaches me to cancel the transaction, i simply ask them to leave me a positive feedback first with full 5 star rating, only after that i will send mutual withdrawal request. if not i will simply mark it as payment not received. For the reason, Just to avoid negative or neutral later. if buyer doesn't leave feedback, i proceed with UPI.

hope this helps. buy genuine mobiles at unbeatable price.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

aananda_telecom
Community Member
If you cannot do all the above,,, just re-direct buyer to me,,, i will give them what they want...

Just tell all ur buyers to shop with me.:^O
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

The buyers don't read the terms and conditions for many reasons:

1. They trust the seller based on the number of their feedback and feel that they won't be cheated by big sellers (with lots of feedback).
2. They know that they are 100% protected by eBay.
3. Few sellers write in awkward fonts and poor language which would repulse the buyer to read their description.
4. Sellers write long essays in 'Terms and Conditions' making the buyer bored.

@ gajavaktra,

The best way to avoid questions is to mention as many FAQs as possible in the listing page as recommended by mobile-phones-etc

If you still encounter lot of questions after the buyers have purchased and paid, please don't use the feature of 'immediate payment.' Instead ask them to wait till you send them an invoice and before you send them an invoice, ask them if they have any further question regarding the item.

If you want to sell on eBay you need to be prepared to face all types of questions. Few of my buyers ask me very frequently whether I really sell genuine products! I don't loose my temper and patience at that time but answer in the best possible language and many of them eventually buy from me.
Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Hello There,

This thing happened to me as well when i was new to ebay.

BUT I TELL YOU HOW I DEAL-D WITH THIS ISSUE.

WRITE IN BIG WORDS THAT THIS ITEM IS WITHOUT BOX OR USED.
AND MAKE IT IN RED COLOUR SO THAT ONCE THE BUYER GO THRU THE LISTING HE CAN READ THAT THIS ITEM COMES WITHOUT BOX ETC.BECAUSE BUYER ALWAYS EXCUSED THAT YOU HAVE NOT WRITTEN THIS THING ON YOU LISTING AND HE GET NEGATIVE ABOUT.

OTHER WAY ONCE THE ITEM IS SOLD SAME TIME MAKE A CALL TO THE BUYER AND TELL HIM THAT THE ITEM HE HAS PURCHASED IS WITHOUT BOX BUT WE WILL TAKE CARE WITH THE PACKING SO THAT THERE MUST BE HARM TO ITEM.

IF YOU DO BOTH OF THE WAYS YOU WILL NEVER RECEIVE A NEGATIVE FEEDBACK OR ANY OTHER REFUND REQUEST.

AND IF THE BUYER DO THAT EVEN IN BOTH OF THE CASES YOU CAN EMAIL EBAY THAT I HAVE MENTIONED EVERY THING ON THE LISTING VERY CLEARLY .EBAY WILL SURELY SUPPORT YOU.

STAY HAPPY BUY & SELL MORE ON EBAY.:-)

gadZetz
Message 10 of 11
latest reply