cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Private Feedback - Not transparent for buyers

purushothaman.d
Community Member
Hi All,
I had a chat with ebay customer support on the feedbacks. Since many of the sellers mark their negative feedbacks to private, the actual product is hidden from other buyers. This completely violates transparent feedback. Please see the chat messages which made me to decide never ever use chat communication.

Rohit J
Hello, Welcome to eBay Live Help. My name is Rohit. How may I assist you today?
purushothaman.d
hi
Rohit J
Hello,
Rohit J
Tell me how may I help you today?
purushothaman.d
I have a query in sellerss feedback
Rohit J
Yes tell me.
purushothaman.d
While I check the feedback left for seller, most of the items are marked as private
Rohit J
Okay.
purushothaman.d
I could not find neither the product name or price.. so that the feedback is useless for me to judge the quality of product
Rohit J
Some sellers keep the feedback / the products sold private.
purushothaman.d
The sellers are marking all the negative & neutral feedbacks to private. Why ebay allows this kind of seller tricks
Rohit J
tHESE ARE NO TRICKS.
Rohit J
tHESE ARE THE OPTIONS SELECTED BY THE SELLERS.
Rohit J
These are the options selected by some sellers.
purushothaman.d
The options should not be selected only for bad feedbacks. I could not understand the logic behind this.. Why ebay gives such a option to hide
Rohit J
Well very few sellers does this.
Rohit J
Mostof the seller's feedbacks and solditems are been displayed.
purushothaman.d
I know it is an option available in portal... If we well know it is a flaw, why cant we fix it up
Rohit J
But that isnot an issue.
Rohit J
That is the option given to the sellers.
Rohit J
And at least you are ableto view the negative feedback left by the buyers to the sellers.
purushothaman.d
U r coming back to the same point again.. I really could not decide on buying the items.. bcoz the seller has products with good feedback and bad feedback
purushothaman.d
Just with the feedback without product reference, how is it possible to decide.
Rohit J
See every seller will have at least a negative feedback due to certain issues.
purushothaman.d
The whole point of displaying feedback is to let the buyers chose the correct & genuine item
Rohit J
And there are many sellers having 100% positive feedback too
Rohit J
So you can look for these types of sellers.
purushothaman.d
I am sorry.. u recommend me to buy only from 100% feedback seller.. If so, why dont u ban other sellers...
Rohit J
It is not that all the transactions on ebay wil be 100% successful and 100% buyers wilbe satisfied.
Rohit J
Someof the sellers may have some issues, some genuine some non-genuine.
Rohit J
However every seller trued the best to make the transaction a good transactrion to gain the positive feedback.
purushothaman.d
I am not complaining after post-buy.. I am just telling let the buyer decide based on transsparent feedback. This problem could not be solved by u. Just escalate to higher authority guys.
Rohit J
Thats what i amn trying to explain you that this is not a problem .
Rohit J
This is the options that some sellers select in their account.
purushothaman.d
I am really tired of explaining u.. feels like am talking to an machine.
purushothaman.d
Ennjoy
purushothaman.d
bye
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

You are making an issue out of nothing, it is not feedback which is private, it is the item title which is made private. You can see the feedback for that seller and buyer only you cannot see the item title. And if a seller decides to have his items private and if you don't like that then move on, there are many more sellers on ebay, you have a choice of sellers whereas we do not have a choice of buyers.

In case of buyers it is worst because we sellers do not come to know anything at all about buyer because there is is no negative marking for buyers. First ask ebay to introduce negative feedback for buyer then we will ask ebay to remove the private feedback facility OK.
StopandShop
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

purushothaman.d
Community Member
Hi,
I have no issues in allowing negative feedback for buyers. I just wished that feedback has to be transparent. In the meanwhile I checked your feedback and I could understand why you support private title. No offense.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Good one less nut case to deal with.
StopandShop
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

spl_ind
Community Member
@purushothaman.d... Why don't you list an item as private listing on eBay? Common, become a Seller, sell something, then you may understand the needs of a Seller.
Message 5 of 5
latest reply