cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

PowerShip Made Mandatory ??? Are other sellers also getting similiar mail??

hi

i got a mail from a person from ebay and also calls from the person that powership has been made mandatory.
he has repeatedly asked me to opt for powership

whereas i donot want to opt for powership since i donot have much sales and most of them are small items for which i pay rs 30 but then i would have to pay Rs40 + 2 +Taxes = ~Rs47

also if a item doesnot go by powership i cannot send by my current courier since my tie up will break with him due to low number of packets and even he wont provide service to me

has anyone else also got the same request from ebay.
why is ebay imposing powership upon its sellers??

can someone form ebay confirm if this is made mandatory all over ebay to all sellers??
Message 1 of 45
latest reply
44 REPLIES 44

spl_ind
Community Member
Looks like a rumor.
Message 21 of 45
latest reply

uniquecreations2012
Community Member
they stopped calling me since last 3 days.
Message 22 of 45
latest reply

why ebay is allowing such people to call and lie about ebay policies

they should seriously look into this matter
Message 23 of 45
latest reply

finally we are not getting calls about powership, they lie about ebay policies that powership is mandatory, however we are still not interested at all to use powership in future too...

regards
handicrafts_store
Message 24 of 45
latest reply

Hi All,

NOW SELLERS ARE BEING INSULTED AND TREATED BADLY.

We are also receiving calls form eBay officials for PowerShip.

But today I am Very much frustrated felt Insulted with the behavior of eBay personal.
Named Rajiv Bhalerao , Relation ship manager clothing etc ( NOT EVEN RELATED TO MY CATEGORY)

Who insisted me to Join Power-Ship or my Account will be restricted.

Though our Category of Gems and Jewelery is not yet falls in Power Ship.

Beside my several clarifications and explanations i gave him , he totally ignored saying ' USKI BAAT MAT KARO ISKI BAAT KARRO"

IS THIS A WAY HOW EBAY PERSON CAN TALK TO REPUTED BUSINESS PERSON & SELLERS USING EBAY FOR LAST 9 YEARS BEING POWER SELLER ???????

This is not a Charity we get, We sell on eBay and pay huge amount of Fees for their part.

But The person behaved with me like i am using their Services Free of cost.
Just Insisting Insisting and Insisting. Not Listening just Telling and saying "USKI BAAT MAT KARO ISKI BAAT KARRO"

The Way today i was treated by eBay person is really Insulting.

DO THEY THINK WE ARE NOW PUPPETS IN THEIR HANDS????????????????

What EBAY HEAD AND FELLOW SELLERS say about such Behavior??
Message 25 of 45
latest reply

today also i got a call from Mr.Hasan and Mr.Ashish, i dont know why they are insisting again and again .I told them several times that i am not interested then why sending email and calls again and again.

Please ebay look into this matter as they are continously calling.

We are not intersted in powership program.

regards
handicrafts_store
Message 26 of 45
latest reply

shrayash125
Community Member
What's reason you find behind non opting Powership program ?
I have activated powership program two days before. Is it have any other problem than cost. I find it cheaper for me because my courier agent charges from me Rs. 60 as an average charge for a 500gms. courier.
Message 27 of 45
latest reply

uniquecreations2012
Community Member
i again got a call 2 days ago and stopped answering calls from ebay.
Message 28 of 45
latest reply

@ shrayash125

you have just started and you was paying too costly charges to courier companies, we are paying far less and as per the few members of ebay, the powership program is not working good.

rgds
Message 29 of 45
latest reply

sltchennai
Community Member
Guys,

Ppl want to oppose powership, trying to form a group here....Since you have handled the shipping yourselves for so long, your mind not accepting to leave it to someone.

More over u r not going to pay the shipping charges from ur pocket, u r only going to collect it from the buyer. Buyer wouldn't mind paying little more(this does not apply on all products, some products u r being charged very less weight in powership)considering the services.

I hope some of you are also selling your products on other platforms too. In most of the sites they handle the logistics themselves, u only need to call the assigned logistic company and request them to pickup like wat we do in powership now.(for eg:re**ff charges you rs.20 for each product, if u want to handle the shipping on ur own)

eBay gives us lots of freedom for sellers right from listing the product, mentioning ur contact details, inventory not necessary-only virtual stocks, shipping, etc. To be more practical, many ppl have misused it in many ways like a.) entering fake docket numbers and shipping after the timeline, b.) ppl who r eligible for express remittance, enter the docket number first, get the money then ship the product c.)and there is also a thread in forum itself like how to escape from submitting pod copy. All these things put together created a bad image about the shipping in eBay. eBay now wants to make the shipping regularized, that is the reason of launching powership. There is nothing wrong in making it mandatory too, but as of now there are some modifications to be made . It usually happens on every new launch.

eBay also should change their approach in making powership mandatory, forcing will not help.

Pethachi
Sreelakshmi Traders
Chennai
Message 30 of 45
latest reply