cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Penalize sellers who dont give feedback to buyers

I have seen a huge difference on how feedback system works on ebay. Most sellers want that as soon as the product is received, the buyer needs to provide a positive feedback and only once a buyer provides feedback does the seller respond. Also at times, sellers have to be reminded again and again requesting them to leave feedbacks to buyers which again is not in the best interest of buyers.
When I shop on say other ebay sites like ebay usa the sellers there are prompt and as soon as the payment is complete they provide a positive feedback to the buyer which is really correct, because the seller expects payment from the buyer which has been given by the buyer so the seller should always have (most of the times) a positive feedback.
There should be a system within ebay like a button next to a sellers profile / product and wording should be seller has not yet provided feedback. That should be prominently displayed next to the feedback - like sellers feedback and sellers delay in feedback score. This will prompt all sellers to provide prompt feedback. Also the seller who provides positive feedback to the buyer before the buyer says product received should be prominently displayed as leading sellers and also those who don't give feedback should be displayed prominently and only then will buyers get regular feedbacks from sellers.
Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Dear prakashrcs,

Really a good feedback! ๐Ÿ™‚

We will share this with our sellers.
Message 2 of 12
latest reply

iraniyohanbz
Community Member
I have the same complaint. I have bought a product from an experienced seller to whom I gave my very positive feedback the same day I received the product. But its been two weeks since the purchase was made and I still haven't received a feedback from the seller. I have sent him 2 kind reminders. He replies back to my reminder emails the same day but doesn't leave the feedback. I dunno how he has the time to reply to my email but doesn't have time to leave a feedback. It seems as if he is doing this on purpose and I would like to know how I can report this. I fear that if I keep asking the seller, he might leave a negative feedback just to burn me. Please help.
Message 3 of 12
latest reply

spl_ind
Community Member
I leave feedback to my buyer as soon as I finish entering the shipping details.
Message 4 of 12
latest reply

frendz_shop
Community Member
If Buyer Not Left Feedback To Seller Then????

Why You Create A Crap Topic On Feedback...
Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Hello,

Dear iraniyohanbz,
Don't worry, there is no system that a seller can give Negative to any buyer. Seller can only give Positive.

More importantly, You as a buyer has given Feedback instantly but as per our experience since 8 years, only 1 out of 4 buyers give feedback. Feedback id most important for sellers rather than buyers. Seller's whole credibility depend on Feedback whereas any buyer can bid even new buyer can buy anything.

I have suggested so many times, if a buyer do not give feedback in stipulated time, Ebay system should give auto feedback considering that buyer has no problem in transaction. Because if any problem arises, buyer naturally contact Ebay or seller.

Out of 30-40 sales a month, only 7-8 buyer give Feedback. Very funny, sometime on our request, they just reply the communication as very good item like that. Actually, We think, all new buyers do not know the procedure of giving Feedback.

Thanks.
Message 6 of 12
latest reply

spl_ind
Community Member
I agree that there should be some kind of auto feedback system from buyer side just like the item treated as received case even if the buyer has not confirmed item received.
Message 7 of 12
latest reply

iraniyohanbz
Community Member
I'm glad to inform u that the seller finally gave me a feedback. I didn't even need to send the 3rd reminder. But my point still holds that there shud be a way to ensure that the other party (buyer or seller) leaves a feedback soon enough. If not left, an auto positive feedback shud be given to prevent any delays. Thanks guys n happy shopping ๐Ÿ™‚
Message 8 of 12
latest reply

YES CORRECT A SELLER ALSO NEED TO GIVE THE FEEDBACK TO THE BUYER....
Message 9 of 12
latest reply

spl_ind
Community Member
A feedback doesn't cost money. So, why shy away from it?
Message 10 of 12
latest reply