Paypals new terms for India

wonders4all
Community Member
This is the link to paypals new terms for India
https://www.paypal-apac.com/india/

I hope this does not hurt the paypal customers pocket here in India.Our goverment is pretty strict when it comes to filling its own pockets.

Democracy is the upper layer of corruption.
Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Ebay should come with some solution else it is going to loose international sell big time.

Paypal India will dead and so ebay international sell.

Samin
Message 21 of 26
latest reply

hansrajchopra
Community Member
about US $500 limit for single or multiple transactions.

I think it will be implemented by software and applicable to both type of transactions. For example, since feb 2010, personal payments are not allowed to and from India so if any non Indian paypal user wants to send personal payments to Indian paypal user then he gets a warning from paypal - Personal payments are not allowed to the paypal users in India.
Similarly, from 1st march, if we request more than $500 (either for single or multiple purchases) then Paypal itself release a warning and we will not be able to send an invoice if total is more than $500 (and i am sure this limit is applicable to Item price + shipping). So if you list any BIN item with $50 shipping, you have to keep its price less than $450 if you are using paypal.

Similarly, if some buyer purchases 15 items (say avg cost $40 and shipping is free) from single seller then he will not be able to pay $600 through paypal in a single payment and whenever he will try to pay using ebay / paypal check out he will get a warning (like you can not send this amount to this seller blah blah).
Multiple BIN items less than $500 will be no problem - just write new paypal rule in your auction and request buyer that he has to make multiple payments if total is more than $500 for multiple purchases (30 cent loss for sellers for each payment). But problem is BIN item/s more than $500 (single item) and auction item/s which have probability of getting more than $500 (single item). Suppose i am expecting $400 for any auction item listed at initial price of $100 and i have only paypal as payment option. But if this item gets $700 then what will happen? Just ask buyer to send $500 only through paypal (result a very happy buyer) OR say i can not accept $700 through paypal so send me 2 payments of $500 and $200 (most buyers will not feel comfortable doing it and find it suspicious.. result International buyers will lose trust on Indian sellers. It is also violation of RBI law where seller has done some Jugaad to receive more than $500 for single transaction). Even if you quote this 2 payments thing in your auction description, many buyers will hesitate to bid on your auction. It also increases the chance of getting negative feedback as buyer will not be able to complete check out through ebay. Same reason can be given, why international buyers find Paisapay uncomfortable and prefers paypal only.

The only legal way to sell more than $500 item on ebay is write clearly in your auction - paypal is not available for single item listed for $500 or more. Request bankwire / cashier's check etc (whatever you can accept). No paypal offered means 90% buyers will not take interest in your items.

thanks
Hasy
Message 22 of 26
latest reply

Hi,
I have an ebay account registered on EBay US. I use my Indian paypal account to pay my ebay fees every month. It means from March 1st onwards, i can't pay my ebay fees which comes under service? Please clarify.

Regards,
Sunil.
Message 23 of 26
latest reply

pymobile
Community Member
didnt tried till date with paypal.
Message 24 of 26
latest reply

hansrajchopra
Community Member
@ boomboxindia

You can pay your ebay fees (of US account) with paypal account but NOT with the balance (the funds you earned through selling) in your paypal account. You can pay ebay fees through paypal using your credit card registered at paypal as funding source.

But i think.... like me, most of the Indian Paypal users have no active credit card in their account. So now ebay USA account has no advantage over ebay India account.

Its time now, paypal should allow indian debit cards and bank transfer as funding source to buy service and goods.

thanks
Message 25 of 26
latest reply

Hi,
Though I am not in favour of non-PayPal transactions, but I accept British Postal Order from buyers who are not comfortable with PayPal. This is a slow process. One advantage is, RBI is not able to bend a hair on my head. But I discourage this type of transactions. Unless this is a known buyer, you cant use this.
This is just an example. In practice, this is very inconvenient. I strongly discourage this.
But RBI should know that it cant brow beat all.
Thanx,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 26 of 26
latest reply