PAYMENT TOTAL REQUESTED!!? Means..?

ashj29
Community Member
Hello,

I am a casual seller and basically a buyer. Just before a couple of hours, I got this strange request from a buyer in USA for one of my products i'm selling!

Product number: 260787308508

Nowhere I have mentioned that, I can ship any product outside of India. How was the buyer able to buy the product? I have already told the buyer that I DO NOT ship out of India.

But find it strange, how eBay.in is listing products for sale at eBay.com, when the seller has clearly stated that the product SHIPS ONLY to INDIA.

Now, when I go to my "Sold" tab in "My account", this particular product is marked as sold and has a red band which says "PAYMENT TOTAL REQUESTED".

Just 2 days ago, I re-listed this item. Now, i'll have to re-list again? Who will bear the re-listing fees? My question to eBay India is: Why are all my products listed for sale at eBay.com, when I have specifically mentioned that I can ship ONLY within India?

Above all, I have been charged a Final Value fee Rs. 15.00 for the same!!!! This is ridiculous! What should I pay this fee for?

I think, this is a well planned game by eBay India.
Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

technocrats.solutions
Community Member
Hi

Actually sellers from outside india can create his account in ebay.in and can shop.

The total price requested means that if you want to ship it to usa then you have to give him total amount including courior charges which the buyer has to pay.

Dont worry if you do not entertain that buyer then ebay will not charge final value fees to you.

contact ebay customer care for more details.
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

ashj29
Community Member
Thanks for replying!

I opened a case in Resolution centre asking the buyer to cancel the transaction. The buyer agreed and I got the Final Value Fee credited back to my account just now.

But, what about listing fees! I re-listed this item just 2 days ago and due to this buyer placing the order, I have to re-list it again!!! eBay policies are truly disgusting!!! No wonder, good sellers are irritated of eBay India.

Talking to customer care is USELESS. I know that very well. Another point, I would like to mention is : This particular buyer who purchased the product is registered on eBay.com since 2002. The last purchase made by the buyer was in October 2009! Out of nowhere, this buyer comes and buys a product which I listed 2 days ago!!!

Doesn't this sound fishy? To me, it does!

eBay customer care needs to explain this. Why should I lose my listing fees just because some buyer doesn't read the item description properly and places an order? I want my listing fees back!!
Message 3 of 3
latest reply