cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Open house chat with Navin Mistry, Category Head: Cross Border Trade

Dear Members,

We are pleased to announce the next session of our Open House Program, where users get an opportunity to chat with the eBay India Team.

Join Navin Mistry, Category Head: Cross Border Trade for an online discussion on selling on eBay International sites & we look forward to your suggestions for further improving our seller experience, and answer your eBay related questions on understanding & scaling cross border business during the Open House discussion.

Navin will be available on this thread on Thursday, 21st April 2011 from 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM IST, for an interactive discussion with our community members.

You can submit your questions before or during the event by making a post on this thread.

See you on the 21st at 4:00 PM!

Regards,
The eBay Team
Message 1 of 69
latest reply
68 REPLIES 68

verash
Community Member
With the new rule in India, Paypal customers using Ebay like me stand to lose Approximately 25% with the burden of your commissions. First Ebay insertion fees/picture fees etc, Then International listing fee. Then, 12% Ebay Final Value fee when Item sells + service tax on the Fees and your commissions. Then 4% Paypal fees to receive money from the Buyer. Then approximately 3.5% fees in conversion charges to withdraw the amount to bank accounts which has been made mandatory as per RBI rules in India. Another approx 3.5% to use that amount to purchase Goods through Paypal using the credit card. Not to mention fluctuating dollar which can make more dent to our margins if any.

How much higher can we go to price our products to cover your earnings?
Why can't Paypal work towards making INR also a form of payment so we can maintain accounts in Rupees and save on conversion & re-conversions at least? Rupee now also has a new International symbol which is being recognised all over the world!
Message 21 of 69
latest reply

Hi, Navin Sir,
Welcome to u.I m seller,I sold one jewellery item in Ebay.com & sent, but buyer said he recievied broken & old set,he said totally wrong I gave him 60 $ refund, but he gave me negative feedback why? On ebay .in many buyers bid but not purchased & many time not give feedback,pl this should be ebay's resposibilty for feedback.Pl do something.thx. saumya169
Message 22 of 69
latest reply

resourcebrands
Community Member
Hi

Would like to get details about:

(1) How to bring your offer in first page
(2) How to improve sales
(3) Reach more countries and close sales

Thanks & Regards
resourcebrands
Message 23 of 69
latest reply

ataur.rahman1
Community Member
@verash I also have same concerns like you, i sell my item on ebay.com, i pay $0.50 insertion fee, then 15% hefty selling commission then substantial amount to Paypal for then Paypal transfer these money to my account at much lower exchange rate than current market rate.
Again fear for negative feedback if they don't like your item, all in all we live in anxiety and fear, and mostly buyer don't bother to left us feedback, because of this many future buyer don't get clear idea that how honest we are.
I think ebay must do something so that other know it clearly that how many successful transaction we have completed.
I remember i dialogue from Movie Dabbang,
Makkhi: "Chedi tumne mera istemal kiya hai".
Chedi: "Arre!! Humne thode hi kaha tha ki aao aur istemal ho jao, tum khud hi aaye the istemal hone".
I think i am "Makhi" and Ebay is "Chedi"
Message 24 of 69
latest reply

unique_item_seller
Community Member
Hello,

Question: For a seller to start selling DVDs internationally through Ebay is a IE code required?

Thank you.
Message 25 of 69
latest reply

Hi Everyone

Glad to be on the boards with you all. Looking forward to an interactive session.

Navin
Message 26 of 69
latest reply

Dear car-decorater,

Thanks for your kind words & all the very best for starting your CBT business.

We would let you know once we have a seminar in Delhi through our community announcements & I would also keep you posted once I visit Delhi next.

Regards
Navin
Message 27 of 69
latest reply

royalspares
Community Member
Hi Navin ji and Community members,
Would you please throw some light on the multiple listing policy, we are encouraged to sell our products through different eBay Ids in different ebay sites, like ebay.com. ebay.com.au, ebay.co.uk, ebay.de
and on the other hand eBay has come up with Multiple listings policy
Where do we stand, please throw some light on this.

Regards,
Naveen
Message 28 of 69
latest reply

Dear shopperstreet2011

Thanks for your feedback. We understand the need of providing end to end business guidance to our sellers which will help them, scale their working.

Iโ€™m happy to inform you that we are working on creating tutorials for international sellers and very soon you would see this information on the site.

These tutorials will guide sellers on how to get started on eBay, top selling product lines, listing templates, seller tools, and announcements on international sites & selling on different eBay markets.

If you find any buyers who are misusing the eBay system and giving unfair feedback, I would suggest you to write to me at nmistry@ebay.com. I would check with the concerned team and get back.

Regards,
Navin
Message 29 of 69
latest reply

Dear Amitava,

Iโ€™m happy that you have been optimizing the promotions on the US site which is helping you increase the sales.

Thanks for your feedback on increasing the number of listings to lead to an increase in the overall business.

The purpose of these promotions is to provide an opportunity to the new sellers to try eBay. However we take your feedback and in case of any changes, we would let you know.

Regards
Navin
Message 30 of 69
latest reply