cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Open House with Rajasekaran Gnanamoorthy, Category Head: Technology

Dear Members,

We are pleased to announce the next session of our Open House Program, where users get an opportunity to chat with the eBay India Team.

Join Rajasekaran Gnanamoorthy, Category Head: Technology for an online discussion on selling in the technology category. We look forward to your suggestions for further improving our seller experience, and answer your eBay related questions on understanding & scaling your business in any of the tech categories during the Open House discussion.

Raj will be available on this thread on Thursday, 5th May 2011 from 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM IST, for an interactive discussion with our community members.

You can submit your questions before or during the event by making a post on this thread.

See you on the 5th at 4:00 PM!

Regards,
The eBay Team
Message 1 of 45
latest reply
44 REPLIES 44

We have set our "Buyer Requirements" to none in our site preferences still many of our listing displays the following buyer requirements i.e." Have a primary shipping address in countries that I don't ship to". We tried checking and un-checking the buyer requirements via site preferences and also tried disabling it via Turbo Lister & synchronizing it for all of our listings but it still did not work.

How can it be disabled in bulk?
-------
Expect the best.

-------
Expect the best.
Message 2 of 45
latest reply

Dear Raj

Why ebay not doing promotion & advertisement through SMS, Social networking "FACEBOOK"

01. You can see website like BAGITTODAY promoting on facebook, whenever i open facebook or my facebook message folder everytime a new product of BAGITTODAY is displayed.

02. Website like "SNAPDEAL", "DEALSANDYOU", "FASHIONANDYOU" promote it through SMS, we get daily SMS from the website about it's "DAILY DEALS"

I think it would give a good business to EBAY if ebay also promote in FACEBOOK & SMS like other websites, it will definately increase the sale. Our DAILY DEALS & DEALS OF THE WEEK can be promoted through SMS to all the users on EBAY.

And FACEBOOK is one of the most growing advertisement platform.

Its just a suggestion.

Thanks
Message 3 of 45
latest reply

The Final Value fees of "Internet & Services" under "Laptops & Computer Peripherals" is 5%

I am want to Convey my Query to Ebay team

I am doing selling under "Internet & Services" But there was no one to help me from Selling manager
Although the FVF is more that of Other Category,Ebay is not Giving much Attention to this Category

The Team is not Promoting the Category like other Category.And there is so much Complaints that the sellers are cheating the buyers in the "Community" under "menu : Feedback to ebay"

I Request Ebay Team to Provide
1, Enough selling Help
2, Create a necessary Guideline for Sellers selling in Internet & Services
3, Give importance to this section
4, Change the necessary settings

Please Give a Guideline that How the Shipping have to made in the Sub -Category "Internet & Services"

When ever there is a Complaint or the Buyer has given a Refund request the Ebay Team will cal the seller and ask
1, How do you shipped the Item?
If we tell that by Email,Then he/ She will tell Digital Delivery Item is not allowed in Ebay

So,Please give me a answer about shipping of this kind of items
Message 4 of 45
latest reply

My only question - Which courier company to use ?

More than half the courier companies don't accept electronic items and those who do accept are the ones where the items frequently get damaged.
Message 5 of 45
latest reply

Does the discussion include global ebay too ? If so, then please tell me why the items are being listed again and again which can't be shipped to India?

I have tried buying an item many times and everytime the money has been refunded back to me and no reasons given. The same item is again available on global ebay through the resellers.

In case this question is out of the topic for the discussion with Mr. Gnanamoorthy, then please answer my other question only about the courier company. Thanks.
Message 6 of 45
latest reply

hydstore
Community Member
This question is not just related to Tech category but all categories. There is a bug in ebay with regards to calculating shipping charges for local delivery.

For eg: HYDERABAD has pin codes ranging from 500001, 500002, 500003 & so on.

For a product from seller and item location in hyderabad, not every hyderabad pin code shows local charges. There are many pin codes in hyderabad that show national courier charges. Due to this we are loosing good amount of sales. Only when buyer specifically approaches us asking for a clarification, then we suggest them to use 500001 as pin code which will allow them to pay local courier charges. Otherwise, they will either back out from sale or end up paying national courier charges.

Reported this bug to ebay many a times but never got fixed. Would appreciate Mr. Rajasekaran to pick this up and make sure it gets enough attention and a quicker resolution.

Thanks,
HYDSTORE
Message 7 of 45
latest reply

We have accepted the PaisaPay as only form of payment through which the buyer can pay to us.

Earlier, we used to accept the other payment modes but due to increase in non-payment orders, we disabled the payments models of cheque & draft.

But still we receive national & international orders without any PaisaPay payment thus we have to file the claim and close it after 4 days to receive FVF.

Can this be avoided?
-------
Expect the best.

-------
Expect the best.
Message 8 of 45
latest reply

snrama
Community Member
Hi Raj,

Nice to see you at the open house discussion and its been a long time we interacted with each other.

I am more than happy with the recent changes implemented like Feedback removal & Seller Protection policy. This will help genuine sellers like us who deal only in branded items to continue giving quality products.

Secondly, the introducing Guest Checkout will be one of the major backbone for eBay India. We can expect a lot of sales from it.

Recently I have seen some of the Fake Sony Headphones / Earphones and other fake items on eBay from a high rated sellers.

Example:
SONY MDR-EX85SL listing from various of sellers where the model is not from Sony India, But claiming as original and selling them at Rs.200 to Rs.500

Customers are getting misleaded from this and they don't even trust sellers like us who is selling genuine stuff. We tried to report some of them, but still its getting re-listed. This need to be taken care seriously.

Expecting your inputs on this issue. ---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) ๐Ÿ˜‰
---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) ๐Ÿ˜‰
Message 9 of 45
latest reply

asiannetwork
Community Member
Whenever we list an item, the item is shown in search results only after about 4 hours. It would be better if the listing shows up immediately. If this not feasible technically at least the listing time can start from the time it shows up in search result

Regards
Thalha
Message 10 of 45
latest reply