cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Open House Discussion with Rathin Lahiri, Head of Marketing, 3rd Nov 5 PM

rohit@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear Users,

We are pleased to announce the next session of our Open House Program where users get an opportunity to chat with the eBay India Team.

Join Rathin Lahiri, Head of Marketing for an online discussion on marketing initiatives of eBay India.

Rathin will discuss:
--Efforts to get new buyers for our sellers
--Other Marketing Initiatives and results
--How can our buyers and sellers help eBay's marketing efforts
--Your ideas and suggestions if any

Rathin will be available on this thread on Friday, the 3rd of November, 2006, from 5:00 PM to 6:00 PM IST, for an interactive discussion with our community members.

You can submit your questions before or during the event by making a post on this thread. Click Here for help on using the discussion boards.

See you on the 3rd at 5:00 PM!

Thanks and Regards,
Rohit,
Community Development Team

Thanks and Regards,
Rohit,
Buyer Engagement Team
Message 1 of 50
latest reply
49 REPLIES 49

rathin@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear nitro_fashion ,

Our buyer & also seller numbers have been growing quarter on quarter . So while there are more buyers there is increasingly greater competition from other sellers .
One of the things for you to reflect on is how does the quality of your products match up to what the buyers can get from other online sellers and even offline outlets .
While we are actively looking at simplyfying our user experience the ebay brand is here to stay .
warm regards

Rathin

warm regards

Rathin
Message 41 of 50
latest reply

rathin@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear mysalesoffer ,

we have heard similar feedback in past sessions and we will consider all options regarding gallery fee while considering future pricing changes .
warm regards

Rathin

warm regards

Rathin
Message 42 of 50
latest reply

rathin@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear mehulindia ,

You have quite a few good suggestions & we will consider those . You will very soon see a few of your suggestions being implemented - )
warm regards

Rathin

warm regards

Rathin
Message 43 of 50
latest reply

rathin@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear garmentstore ,

We have done a few top buyer meets and they are great forums for us to learn about buyer needs and problems . We havent thought of a new user meet before but it is a very good idea and we will definetly pilot it and see response !
warm regards

Rathin

warm regards

Rathin
Message 44 of 50
latest reply

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi mumbaimobilkar,

I am sorry to hear that you had to face delays in PaisaPay transaction. However, I will like to give you some background on why at times PaisaPay transactions takes time to process.

For some PaisaPay credit card transactions, the team asks the buyers to send in certain verifiation. This is to ensure that payments are genuine thereby reducing chargeback risks for the seller.

Many a times, the delay occurs at the buyer's end who does not send relevant documents on time. Having said that, we are also continuously working at making the system faster for our users. Your continuous feedback will be help us make further improvements.

Also, you may dispatch the product to your buyer as soon as you receive PaisaPay confirmation. The money is dispatched to the seller on a weekly basis.

Warm Regards,
Sapana
Message 45 of 50
latest reply

rathin@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear shobhitg2006 ,

While most of our transactions go smoothly , a few do run into problems and complaints are about those . We do have a buyer protection program wherin we reimburse upto Rs 50000 . One of our top priorities is to see that genuine buyers have a good buying experience and in 2007 we will pilot a few initiatives based on feedback received from members such as you .
warm regards

Rathin

warm regards

Rathin
Message 46 of 50
latest reply

rathin@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear coolbrasco ,

That is quite possibly a solution . The bigger challenge is to educate the buyer before he transacts . Like you suggested sellers can also play a role in educating buyers and we hope other sellers take it up.
warm regards

Rathin

warm regards

Rathin
Message 47 of 50
latest reply

rathin@ebay.com
Community Member
To all sellers ,

Here are a few tips for boptimising your shops and listings from a natural search perspective . Natural search refers to the listings which show up on left hand portion on google search . This helps you get free leads from active buyers who are looking for specific products .

Your Shop name / User id
The Shop name you choose determines your Shop's web site address (URL), so choose a descriptive Shop name that tells buyers what you sell. This will also help Web search engines find your Shop when buyers are looking for the products you offer.

* Do not change your Shop name often

Shop Description

A Shop description helps increase the likelihood of appearing in search engines.

โ€ข Use keywords that people enter when searching for your products

โ€ข Be sure your description accurately represents the products in your Shop

โ€ข Use a Shop theme that includes your Shop description in the header

โ€ข Remember that the description should also be useful and meaningful to buyers visiting your shop, so it should be more than simply a list of search keywords.

* You should not change your description often, unless your Shop inventory (business) changes often. By changing a description often, search engines will not be able to index your page.

Custom Categories

Help buyers browse your virtual shelves-create and organize up to 300 categories and subcategories for your Shop. Be sure to use relevant, descriptive, specific and popular keywords in your custom category names.

As an example, if you offer laptops, desktops and printers in your Shop, clearly specify your product offering with custom categories. Search engines will not recognize generic terms such as Category 1, Category 2, Other etc.

* Do not change your Shop Categories often. This should be a one time set up when you are initially setting up your Shop, or when you significantly change the types of items you are selling.

View Item Page

Your item's title and description are your advertisement, an opportunity to both inform and excite buyers. Writing a good title and description will significantly increase your chances of your listing being found and sold.

Listing titles and descriptions provide valuable real estate for generating natural search-friendly content, and are critical to how search engines rank your page.

- Listing Title: Include 1-3 important keywords or keyword phrases in your listing title. This is not only a great SEO practice, but it also helps buyers find your products. Take advantage of the full length of the item title allowed; this is valuable real estate and information.

- Listing Description: Include at least 200 words of visible copy in your listing description, with the most important keyword phrases mentioned at the beginning and end. Remember to employ other content best practices, such as the frequent use of keywords where relevant and formatting (e.g., bolding, using font size on important titles and keywords)

โ€ข Describe the item. Donโ€™t make the description generic.

โ€ข Avoid keyword spamming. While it is important to include relevant keywords (keywords that relate to the product being sold), overuse of the keywords will result in the search engines penalizing your listings and will reduce your exposure on the engines.

About Me Page/ About the Seller Page

Use the About Me page (About the Seller Page for Shop Sellersโ€”same thing; different name when it appears within your Shop) to provide visible content about your business and products. Your About Me page is also a great place to include text links to your Shop, search results and specific promotions.

Note: Search engines generally cannot see images. Like your item descriptions, we recommend including plain text or HTML text that provides both prospective buyers and search engine crawlers information about your products and/or services. Content-Rich About Me pages perform well in Natural Search.

Custom Pages

Custom pages are a set of unique pages that you can create for your Shop to serve a variety purposes, such as showcase items and specials, explain shipping and return policies, describe the history of your business, and so forth.

Just as with your About Me page, Custom Pages can be a valuable tool in creating magnets for incremental buyer traffic through search engines. Consider creating content-rich custom pages that target specific product lines within your expertise.

I hope you will find the above helpful. If you have any questions on the above, please feel free to ask them on another thread and my team will be glad to answer them for you.
warm regards

Rathin

warm regards

Rathin
Message 48 of 50
latest reply

indiancraze
Community Member
Hi Rathin & Sapana,

I was late to attend the worhshop and thought it must be over by now.

Just gone through all your posts .... it seems quite a lot is planned for 2007.

I must say that foolproof verification through Credit Card for both Buyers and Sellers can work wonders for the site.

It would help in building trust for the site and automatically bring in more traffic.

I hope some steps are taken in this direction too.

best regards

Umang Midha
Message 49 of 50
latest reply

rathin@ebay.com
Community Member
As usual it was very insightful for me to get a chance to interact with all of you . While it might take us time to act on all your ideas and suggestions you can rest assured that we will take each of your ideas into consideration . If any question have remained unanswered , either i or my team will get back to you . Happy ebaying !! :-)
warm regards

Rathin

warm regards

Rathin
Message 50 of 50
latest reply