cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open House Discussion with Gautam Thakar, Director – Categories & Marketing

rohit@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear Users,

We are pleased to announce the launch of our new initiative for users to interact with eBay India Management – the eBay India Open House.

Staff from the eBay India Management Team will be available on the Discussion Boards at pre – defined times, to answer any questions you might have regarding buying and selling on eBay India.

The first session is with Gautam Thakar, Director – Categories & Marketing. We invite you to join Gautam for an online chat on Thursday, the 2nd of June, 2005, from 5:00 PM to 6:00 PM IST.

You can submit your questions before or during the event by making a post on this thread. For help on using the discussion boards, please click here (http://forums.ebay.in/thread.jspa?threadID=300000542).

See you on the 2nd at 5:00 PM!

Regards,
Rohit,
Community Development Team

Thanks and Regards,
Rohit,
Buyer Engagement Team
Message 1 of 119
latest reply
118 REPLIES 118

Re: Open House Discussion with Gautam Thakar, Director – Categories & Marketing

f2966
Community Member
Dear celebratinglove,
Thanks for your concern.
In what way can i expect support from your side.
Plus what measures have been taken by ebay so far regarding my case.
If anyone of you guys have a contact in media or some
fundae , those guys are real powerful in handling these type of 420 cases.
like sansani,red alert etc.
Till now i recieved 2-3 replies from baazee , 2 over here , one via mail,none of which says whether they have done something till now or planning any actions.Nothing!
Only that we are with you , we will help you, write to us anytime etc.
What is this.
actions speak more than words man ! cmmon

Send replies about what has been done and not this crap.
And further u dont even tell how will u help.
U have a cyber crime investigation cell etc.
then forward this and many other victim's cases.

That guy made a cool 40k * 3 = 1,20,000 and ran.
Who lost anything, we only became the buthered lambs.
That is all.

Thanks,
Munish
Message 101 of 119
latest reply

rohit@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear Users,

One of the biggest issues raised by all of you during the Open House was of "Standard 'Cut & Paste' Responses from eBay". Some of the comments we have heard are:

"Cut Paste responses"
"Not receiving clear answers"
"Incomplete answers / problem not addressed / need to write in multiple times"

We have taken your feedback seriously, and have already taken steps to address this issue. We have launched a project "I Care", the aim of which is to ensure that our users receive satisfactory responses to their queries with the least number of interactions.

We shall be measuring the success of this project by the feedback we receive from you through the survey we send out after replying to your queries, and feedback on the boards. We therefore request all of you to help us serve you better by taking the time out to fill in our survey.

This will be an ongoing project, where we continuously monitor the quality of our responses, the results of our survey, and the feedback from all of you. So we will request your support and co-operation to help provide you with satisfactory responses to your queries.

Regards, Rohit
Community Development Team

Thanks and Regards,
Rohit,
Buyer Engagement Team
Message 102 of 119
latest reply

kingrefineries
Community Member
I bought a Item number: 5209157005 (Motorola A1000 Flex Screen Protector) from shopezee_. But it was not as advertised. It was not of a mentioned size and I had to cut and fit, which resulted in air bubbles. So i left a negative feedback. The response was fast & good. Mr. Venkatesh from Chennai called me up and promised for a refund. I feel sorry from my part and i think i will buy someother item from him than get a refund. Because their response was good and i liked it.
Message 103 of 119
latest reply

venkataraokr
Community Member
I am sorry if this is not appropriate to this forum. The boards are so crowded and numerous...

I would like to notify that the Category "DVD-Recorders" lists items that are not DVD Recorders, some that are not even related to DVDs. Please rectify.

Regards,
Venkata Rao
Message 104 of 119
latest reply

gautam@ebay.com
Community Member
Hello Community Members,

It's been a month since I chatted with you, and I wanted to check back with you regarding some of the issues you had raised at that time.

To summarize the top issues you raised:

• 'Impersonal, cut & paste' responses from Customer Service
  • Unjustified Negative Ratings
  • Item Not Received cases
  • Phone Support for Top Sellers

Following are what we are doing to address your concerns:

1. 'Impersonal, cut & paste' responses from Customer Service
We have launched Project "I care", to ensure that our users get a satisfactory response to their queries as soon as possible, and not standard, templatized responses. This is an ongoing project, and we you will start seeing the results of that very soon. While this is a priority, i ask for your patience as th efull impact of tihs will emerge over teh next few months since this will involve some process changes.

2. Unjustified Negative Ratings
I hope you have read the Announcement we made regarding Feedback system changes a few days back. These changes, when rolled out, should benefit many of you who receive negative ratings which you feel were unjustified. Please click here to read the details of these proposed changes.

3. Item Not Received cases
As I mentioned during my chat, eBay has a Buyer Protection Program, under which we cover such cases. The Trust & Safety team have been active on the boards, educating users of the process to be followed to claim this benefit. I have also noticed some of you (snrama, kaya_jewels, indconcepts, and many more) educating these buyers and it's always nice to see the community helping each other!

The Seller Marketing team have been interacting with you on this topic on the Power Seller Discussion Board. We are working out the operational details to provide this service and we expect to be able to provide you with an update by the end of this month and launch shortly thereafter.

Most importantly, I wish to assure you all that we are listening to your feedback, and acting on it. My colleague from the Management Team, Rajan, will be on the boards to interact with you on the 7th of this month. I hope you will take this opportunity to chat with him and continue to give your constructive feedback. YYou can post your messages for Rajan here.

In addition to interacting with you on the boards, we would also like to meet up with you in person to understand your issues better. The community team was in Chennai last saturday, and we plan to travel to some other key cities over the next few weeks to meet with a sample of our sellers across cities. We hope you will take this opportunity to meet us and provide us with your valuable feedback.

I look forward to working with you to making eBay India all that you want it to be.

Sincerely, Regards
Gautam
Regards
Gautam
Message 105 of 119
latest reply

spaceview_in1
Community Member
Dear Sirs,

For the past two months I am getting billed for the items on which FVF credit has been granted.

And I am getting notice - "Your account has been placed on hold".

What is the remedy available to me?

For the items really sold, I am always not only paying in time but in advance also.

With regards
V. Ramchand
for spaceview_in1
Message 106 of 119
latest reply

Kind Attention
Ebay India Team

Dear Ebay Team,

The feedback policy on eBay India is real bad. Or should I say the worst thing on EBay.

I have a few things to say that in my opinion should be changed.

New users/buyers on eBay India who are totally unaware of feedback policy should not be given any option to leave neutral or negative ratings to sellers till their positive feedback reaches 10.

Now Why this should be changed?
Answer : Some new users gives neutral ratings or negative ratings just to say payment sent product not received / product is ok / product delivered / account number not given / or something similar like that.
Without even thinking once what could be the impact of this rating on seller's feedback.
They don’t even think that they should have personally emailed the seller before leaving such feedback.
We the sellers on eBay work real hard , we work day and night not to receive such unfair ratings or feedbacks for our hard work, from new users who not even care to withdraw their feedbacks.
I must say that till a user get's atleast 10 ratings should not be allowed to post a neutral or negative rating to any seller.

However the rules for item not received or not as described will still be available for all. So that new users don't have to face any problems with sellers, they can still open a dispute when they do not receive an item or they don’t get what was expected.
But as they are new and don't have complete knowledge they shouldn't be given this option to leave any comment except positive feedback.

This will be surely a great help to all sellers who work real hard on eBay.

Some new features should be immediately started to increase number of ratings (feedbacks) & Buyers on eBay.

I would like to say that buyers should be given some rewards i.e. when a buyers feedback reaches 10 then he'll be able to leave neutral or negative feedback and will also get Rs. 10 discount when he makes his next purchase and In the same way Rs. 50 discount when his feedback reaches 50.

In this way buyers will buy more and will also leave feedback on the items they buy.
I never leave feedback for buyers till they rate me first. So, if they give feedback to us on eBay then they'll receive the same from us,
& once this scheme is launched then the buyers will leave comments fast & would also ask for the same from sellers so that they reach to the desired score and get free gift from eBay India or some discount on their next purchase. This will be a great help to all sellers.
I sell over 30 products per month but my current feedback is just 145, really unfair. Buyers don't care to leave feedback.
But if the above said schemes are implemented it will surely increase sales / feedbacks/ buyers.

I HOPE ALL SELLERS OF EBAY INDIA WILL SUERLY AGREE WITH ME.

PLEASE EBAY SELLERS DO WRITE WHAT YOU FEEL ABOUT MY POST.
OUR COMMENTS AND SUGGESSTIONS ARE REAL IMPORTANT.
°¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°May God Bless You Always°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°
"Lord, I have done many things wrong. I am guilty, but to show your goodness, forgive me for everything I did. When people choose to follow the Lord, he shows them the best way to live.”
·:*¨¨*:·.God·:*¨¨*:·.Bless·:*¨¨*:·.Us·:*¨¨*:·.All·:*¨¨*:·.
Message 107 of 119
latest reply

Kind Attention
Ebay India Team

Dear Ebay Team,

The feedback policy on eBay India is real bad. Or should I say the worst thing on EBay.

I have a few things to say that in my opinion should be changed.

New users/buyers on eBay India who are totally unaware of feedback policy should not be given any option to leave neutral or negative ratings to sellers till their positive feedback reaches 10.

Now Why this should be changed?
Answer : Some new users gives neutral ratings or negative ratings just to say payment sent product not received / product is ok / product delivered / account number not given / or something similar like that.
Without even thinking once what could be the impact of this rating on seller's feedback.
They don’t even think that they should have personally emailed the seller before leaving such feedback.
We the sellers on eBay work real hard , we work day and night not to receive such unfair ratings or feedbacks for our hard work, from new users who not even care to withdraw their feedbacks.
I must say that till a user get's atleast 10 ratings should not be allowed to post a neutral or negative rating to any seller.

However the rules for item not received or not as described will still be available for all. So that new users don't have to face any problems with sellers, they can still open a dispute when they do not receive an item or they don’t get what was expected.
But as they are new and don't have complete knowledge they shouldn't be given this option to leave any comment except positive feedback.

This will be surely a great help to all sellers who work real hard on eBay.

Some new features should be immediately started to increase number of ratings (feedbacks) & Buyers on eBay.

I would like to say that buyers should be given some rewards i.e. when a buyers feedback reaches 10 then he'll be able to leave neutral or negative feedback and will also get Rs. 10 discount when he makes his next purchase and In the same way Rs. 50 discount when his feedback reaches 50.

In this way buyers will buy more and will also leave feedback on the items they buy.
I never leave feedback for buyers till they rate me first. So, if they give feedback to us on eBay then they'll receive the same from us,
& once this scheme is launched then the buyers will leave comments fast & would also ask for the same from sellers so that they reach to the desired score and get free gift from eBay India or some discount on their next purchase. This will be a great help to all sellers.
I sell over 30 products per month but my current feedback is just 145, really unfair. Buyers don't care to leave feedback.
But if the above said schemes are implemented it will surely increase sales / feedbacks/ buyers.

I HOPE ALL SELLERS OF EBAY INDIA WILL SUERLY AGREE WITH ME.

PLEASE EBAY SELLERS DO WRITE WHAT YOU FEEL ABOUT MY POST.
OUR COMMENTS AND SUGGESSTIONS ARE REAL IMPORTANT.
°¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°May God Bless You Always°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°
"Lord, I have done many things wrong. I am guilty, but to show your goodness, forgive me for everything I did. When people choose to follow the Lord, he shows them the best way to live.”
·:*¨¨*:·.God·:*¨¨*:·.Bless·:*¨¨*:·.Us·:*¨¨*:·.All·:*¨¨*:·.
Message 108 of 119
latest reply

touch_and_shine
Community Member

I agree with ur
views. Infact it's a real good idea . Ebay staff plz take fast action and
I"ll suggest just make these changes now. In this way buyers and sellers
both will b happy.

user posted image

Message 109 of 119
latest reply

f2966
Community Member
Hi Gautam,
Is anyone listening to the posts here.
Had u have paid any heed to my case,
this wudnt have come from me.
I repeatedly post about my plight of
the fraud happened to me, but exept from
giving assurance over these posts by gautam,
nothing could they do.
If u said , that mine and vb1901's case will be looked and assisted by baazee team, then be on it atleast.
But No !
I submitted the claim under buyer protection for 10k,
all done fine, now i get a mail from ebay's US office asking
me to submit proof of payment of money etc. via FAX or
postal mail.
I am not even sure if that mail is authentic.
Now other victim, vb1901 (vicky) from bombay recieves
something different.
Mail from vandana (indian office of baazee), facilitating the claim process.
Why is this discrimination?
Only because vicky is regularly pinning you by calling
your office frequently.
Why so much of hassle to get our money back.
I tried calling at ur mumbai office so many times, always engaged.
And now i mail vandana asking about this,she never replies.
How can you harass the innocent buyer like this?
Seriously i have no words left to splash my frustration over bazee.
Useless !
Anyway , i want the claim money in any case !
Mind you , i will be forced to do something about it then.

Thanks,
Munish
Message 110 of 119
latest reply