cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open House Chat with Sameer Yadav, Manager - Trust & Safety Operations

Dear Members,

We are pleased to announce the next session of our Open House Program, where users get an opportunity to chat with the eBay India Team.

Message from Sameer Yadav, Manager -Trust & Safety Operations

Dear Community Members,

I am Sameer Yadav, Manager for Trust & Safety Operations for eBay India. Under this role, my team is responsible for Trust and Safety operations and support.

We have made two significant enhancements to our phone support offering the facility to seller to call and also the team reaching out to sellers when listing policy violation is noticed.

1.Inbound toll free phone support - The T&S team is now a call away to address your questions concerns related to feedback, site policies, activity limits or account restrictions. We recognize your need to be able to speak with T&S team directly and this service initiative will help you discuss and get quick resolution & guidance on T&S.

2.TnS calls on listing policy violations - Understanding site policies is critical to the sellers business. To help sellers improve understanding of policies we have started calling sellers to explain violations for the listed items. This process will help sellers to better understand the policy, seek clarification during the call and the chance to correct their listings that minimize listing violations done due to lack of knowledge. This process has already been initiated for few policies and we are working to cover most of our policies.

I will be present on the Community Boards for an Open House Session on 8th June 2011, 4-5 PM.

I will encourage you to post your thoughts, comments and suggestion on this thread. I am looking forward towards this meeting and I hope to gather lot of useful feedback from you.

See you on 8th for Open house discussion!

Regards,
Sameer Yadav
Manager – Trust & Safety Operations
Message 1 of 65
latest reply
64 REPLIES 64

Dear Sameer

I have a question that why is TNS team always in hurry to give refund to buyer in claims ? Just after buyer provide the AWB details they receive the claim.

01. What if the returned parcel is empty ?
02. What if the returned item is not in good condition ?

In my case i received the parcel, checked infront of the courier executive and returned it back because the item was not in new condition as per the buyer said it is not used and new as received.

Your TNS team made conference between us and buyer was lying about the condition and even the courier website was not showing RTO. Just that means that the seller is liar ?

Why buyer is not asked to show the DRS or the Proof of delivery in this type of cases. Seller will never lie dude.

The item was Rs 800 so i didn't took it so seriously & donated the amount to ebay & the fraud buyer. Was hurt by the behaviour of the claim adjuster BHARAT.

Now please don't say we have sellerprotection & write email there. Because i have already written email to sellerprotection but no replies.

Please make sellers safe
Message 41 of 65
latest reply

guptazmall
Community Member
Hello Mr. Sameer,

I am a seller at ebay since 3 yrs but a restriction has been placed on my ebay account 'guptazmall' due to which I am not able to list on eBay. I wrote to the Tns team and they said that my account has been restricted due to the suspension of my husband's ebay account. I wouls like to mention here that we are two separate identities with separate eBay userids. Moreover, we list in totally different categories and sub categories. So Sir, can u help me in reinstating my eBayuserid guptazmall?

Nidhi
Message 42 of 65
latest reply

Dear dealer1703,

Thanks you for sharing your concerns. Here are the answers to your questions -

We initated the outreaching process on May 13th.We see that your listings were removed in April 2011 due to violation of Circumvention of Safe Payments Requirements policy. Due to repeated violations your account was restricted for 3 days i.e from 21st April to 24th April.

Currently your account is active and there is no restriction/suspension on your account. If this concern is regarding another ID, please share the user id for the same and so that we can further investigate.

Thanks for highlighting the unjust feedback on your account, we have reviewed & removed this feedback from your account.

I strongly encourage all sellers to contact our TNS team about such unjust / unfair feedback for a quick review. These kind of feedbacks can be readily removed and you need not wait for such forums to escalate them.

Regards,
Sameer
Message 43 of 65
latest reply

onestopshop4brands
Community Member
Hi Sameer,

My account 'onestopshop4brands' was restricted because it was identified by ebay that the above accounts relates to id 'vivek_kol'. Now the id 'vivek_kol' was suspended in 2007 as I was not aware of the ebay policies and procedure and I had some transaction which was not successful.

However in 2009, I created another account 'onestopshop4brands' and has done successful transaction till date with 100% positive feedback and score of 150. In spite of the successful transactions, this id was suspended.

I wrote to ebay T&S about this, they have informed me that I need to sort out the issues related with id 'vivek_kol'. However it's not possible to sort the issue which is 4 year old.

So I requested you to please look into this matter and remove the suspension.

Vivek
Message 44 of 65
latest reply

onestopshop4brands
Community Member
Hi Sameer,

My account 'onestopshop4brands' was restricted because it was identified by ebay that the above accounts relates to id 'vivek_kol'. Now the id 'vivek_kol' was suspended in 2007 as I was not aware of the ebay policies and procedure and I had some transaction which was not successful.

However in 2009, I created another account 'onestopshop4brands' and has done successful transaction till date with 100% positive feedback and score of 150. In spite of the successful transactions, this id was suspended.

I wrote to ebay T&S about this, they have informed me that I need to sort out the issues related with id 'vivek_kol'. However it's not possible to sort the issue which is 4 year old.

So I requested you to please look into this matter and remove the suspension.

Vivek
Message 45 of 65
latest reply

dealer1703
Community Member
Hi,

I am grateful for removing the negative feedback.

I had written to Ebay Customer support and Ebay Appeal also but they did not help hence i had to write to you.

My listing under the catogree Coins are restricted in this user Id only: dealer1703. Please look into the same.

I ma getting following message:
"
Attention Seller:
Thank you for choosing eBay.
In order to help maintain a safe trading environment, selling limits are occasionally placed on listings. At this time, you are
limited as to the listing of certain items. Please do not attempt to relist this item for 30 days.
Sellers who have a consistent positive selling history of such items may be eligible to have these limits raised. If you
would like eBay to review your limits or if you have any additional questions, please email us at Customer Support.
We sincerely value you as a member of our trading Community and look forward to a continued successful relationship
with you.
Message 46 of 65
latest reply

Dear allianze2006,

Thanks you for sharing the concern. We do not have any policy under which we can cover seller for shipping cost for invalid contact details. However we take this as a feedback will surely have relook at our policies and see what can be done to protect seller in such cases.

If this is happening to most of your shipments, we suggest you to re-confirm the address with the buyers before dispatching the items. Collecting the landmark from the buyer would be a good idea to avoid such instances. Mentioning the buyers contact number on the dispatch slip can also be useful as the courier company to establish contact with the buyer in case of any issues in locating the address. We have seen this work in most cases.

With regards to your query on Seller protection policy, I would urge you to write / call our Customer support team and they will help you with your concerns.

Regards,
Sameer
Message 47 of 65
latest reply

Dear onestopshop4brands,

Creating a new account and starting all over because one of your accounts has been suspended is not reecommended and not a solution.

You are requested to resolve all open isuses on your suspended account. If you are facing any difficulty in resolving any of your open problems, feel free to write / call us and provide us with the reasons / understanding of why the open issues cannot be resolved.

Before you do so,make sure that your account is in good standing - payment dues settled, claims resolved.

Regards
Sameer
Message 48 of 65
latest reply

aksons
Community Member
Hello Mr. Yadav,
I received a unfair Negative feedback from a buyer ramg1.sap becuase of only he did not got the bill of the product I have send him the bill by indian post but he has not received and given me the negative feedback agin I have send the bill by DTDC Courier. Now he is not avaialble on his two telelphone numbers and also not replying my mails. Can you do some thing in this case please reply. Thanks and God Bless You.....
Message 49 of 65
latest reply

Dear allindiadelivery,

The new requirements are based on a seller's incidence of low DSRs (1s and 2s) on transactions

From May 2011, all eBay.in sellers will need to have 1s or 2s for item as described on no more than of 1.2% of transactions, and on no more than 2.4% for communication, 2.4% for dispatch time, and 2.4% for postage and packaging charges

Sellers with more than the maximum allowed 1s and 2s will receive lower placement in search and may face limits until their performance ratings improve.

Sellers with excessively high rates of 1s and 2s may be restricted from selling or even suspended.

As a seller you would be keeping a check on your feedback ratings and we would suggest you to closely monitor your seller dashboard which will provide you insights on your performance. Acting on your neutral / negative ratins is critical which can be done by offering buyers to revise their feedback once issue has been resolved.

Please feel free to contact our TNS support team for any clarifications on this policy.

Regards,
Sameer
Message 50 of 65
latest reply