Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Online Workshop on PaisaPay COD on Thursday 15 Jul 4-5 PM

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Dear Sellers,

We have recently announced PaisaPay COD - Another way for sellers to increase business and for buyers to buy safely on eBay - http://forums.ebay.in/thread.jspa?threadID=500007434

If you have any questions around PaisaPay COD, please feel free to post them on this thread. We will be available on this thread on Thursday, 15th July from 4 -5 PM to answer all your questions.

Thanks & Regards,
Biren & Arun
Message 1 of 157
latest reply
156 REPLIES 156

dear biren, what if the courier losts the packate in transit
Message 21 of 157
latest reply

Dear eBay and fallow sellers
this could be a very serious and valuable suggestion in the interest of entire seller community

1. when a buyer ordered an item on PP COD Basis. there should be 'feedback left - blocked' for the buyer. he/she would not be able to leave the feedback for the seller till delivery confirmation is not pass on by the courier company to the paisapay

2. there should be an option to leave the feedback by seller to PP COD buyers when PP COD orders received so that a seller can leave the -v for ALL RTO Orders to make the system alive for the long time. also to pull out the dummy and funloving buyers from ebay.

whats your suggestion !!
Message 22 of 157
latest reply

Hi.

Finally Shipping is going to be handled by ebay & PaisaPay but i found the minimum charges of Rs 125/- to be high.
I have an inventory with 2000 items maximum of below Rs 300/- i have been selling on COD from last 3-4 months and buyers complaint with the COD charges of Rs45/- which i have kept.
Where as in real i am charged by Aramex maximum of Rs40 as shipping and Rs 30/- as Cash Handing so Total is Rs70/-.
But now the charges will increase to Rs 125/- which i think will strongly effect the sales of low value items.
I have seen dailydeal etc all items are below 200-300 price range i do believe seller with low value will be effected in there sales after this increase.

For Example item worth Rs 180 is sold. As for today i Pay Rs70/- as COD Shipping Charges but from now i have to Pay Rs 125 almost double Buyers might not like this.

Hope to get few comments over this.

Regards / Shabbir
Message 23 of 157
latest reply

Hi Mr Biren,
Please dont mind. Will you be able to do it? Do you have so much man-power? Will you wind up in the midway?
But if you can do it, this is going to be the greatest money spinner.
Also I would like a response about low value items like a stamp selling at Rs.19? I am asking this because this is my bread and butter. No kidding. Even at US site I sell stuffs at 0.99 USD. And I have earned eTRS by selling those cheap stuffs, not only in US but also in Germany and UK.
Wish you good luck and wish you earn crores.
Thanx,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 24 of 157
latest reply

Hi all

i had talked to Birenji regarding same

i wont get time tomorrow evening so i am writing comments here today

after talking i feel its a worth effort of ebay for this

I fully support the new change and totally happy of this.

Just Hope it gets coordinated perfectly with couriers for pick up and payment.

All the best and hope for a great success in coming time due to this.

Regards
Yogen
Message 25 of 157
latest reply

snrama
Community Member
Hi Biren,

Its nice to see you at community boards and has been a long time we interacted each other.

Actually, I liked the concept which is almost like the other major portal.

I have few questions on the same,

1. I charge an average of Rs.50 to Rs.75 as Shipping cost, What will be the case of PaisaPay COD?

2. Since eBay will be charging 5% or Rs. 125, Does this mean a extra charges other than PaisaPay fees?

3. In case of lost or theft, then does eBay recovers the product price from the logistics and pay to the seller? ---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) ๐Ÿ˜‰
---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) ๐Ÿ˜‰
Message 26 of 157
latest reply

Hi Navaneeth,

Its been a long time since we interacted. Hope you are doing well.

I felt I can answer your questions..

1) There is NO seperate shipping cost. All you need to pay is 5% (or Rs.125, whichever is higher) of the total value of the item.

2) No extra charges. Only PaisaPay charges (as stated above). No monthly billing from Courier company ๐Ÿ˜‰

3) Yes, the shipment is insured and there is a maximum limit of Rs.8000 beyond which you cannot ship (only in the initial phase)

Sounds appealing isn't it?

Anyways, we are so much thrilled to see the day it is getting implemented.

Tremendous effort by the Projects Team. Special thanks to Biren and Arun ๐Ÿ™‚
Message 27 of 157
latest reply

cosycom
Community Member
Hi, I have 3 questions :

(1) Will the eBay listings & Paisapay invoice issued to customers show these COD charges seperately or seller has to include this amount in shipping charges or cost of product . I insist it should be shown seperately in all listings so the customer knows how much he is paying towards COD charges & decide whether he want COD or should pay it online for a better price.....5 percent COD charges can be a considerable amount in high value items . a mobile costing Rs.20000 will cost Rs.1000 extra which could have been shipped just for under Rs.100/-

This is very important otherwise seller offering COD can not compete with other sellers not ofering COD .

(2) How eBay will compensate sellers & Buyers if the couriers recomended by eBay do not deliver the items within stipulated timelines . What about any negative feedbacks issued by customers to sellers for this delay.

(3) How eBay /Sellers will be sure that these companies will deliver the items to each & every part of India .
It is not possible to mention on all the listings that following list of cities/villages are not served by COD .

regards

Narinder
Message 28 of 157
latest reply

biren@ebay.com
Community Member
Hi Guys,

Welcome to the Online workshop on PaisaPay COD

I shall answer all your queries in this session

Biren
Message 29 of 157
latest reply

biren@ebay.com
Community Member
Let me take up your queries in a FIFO manner (i.e. first In First Out)

mobile-phones-etc had asked what action will be taken against buyers who refuse the parcel.

Today in every market, as all of you are aware, customer is king. However, we are taking many steps to reduce instances where buyers refuse COD parcels.

For example, there will be a communication from eBay to the buyer regarding the COD shipment. The courier company will also be confirming over phone / sms & co-ordinating with the buyer regarding time of delivery & the requirement of keeping cash ready for the same

Another inbuilt process is that we shall be maintaining a list of buyers who repeatedly reject COD parcels. These buyers will be filtered out for future COD transactions.

So there is a lot of work going on to ensure returns are minimised.
Message 30 of 157
latest reply