New Seller Standards

Dear members,

We will be happy to hear your queries/feedback/suggestions around this here. Please click 'reply' to post a message.

Regards,

Team eBay India.

Message 1 of 108
latest reply
107 REPLIES 107

Re: New Seller Standards

To ebay:

What is the point in displaying TOP RATED SELLER BADGE in the lisings when you have reduced our remittance status level from Platinum to Silver.
This is done only so that you can now hold our payment for 21 days, shame on you ebay India.

Message 101 of 108
latest reply

Hi,

that's the confusing part bro. sellers didn't know anything about it. even eBay cc.

Message 102 of 108
latest reply

the person who made this rules is not practical and do not have knowledge about how it will be impected on sellers, if you consider amazon; they only count claim as defect if seller is on fault , there is competition out there and this people are just confused what to do to attract both buyers and sellers, before they have more seller and very less buyers, not they gonna have less seller and there for less buyers, second paisapay do not have refund option as like paypal, so its very hard to send mail and after a week you get respond . before that buyer escalate case to ebay. this rule will work with paypal not paisapay, its sure ebay gonna loose lots of seller in next 1 yr, and with that sales too, i found amazon perfect, in this type of rules. ebay have to check amazon policies to improve, aththe end, if seller will solve all the cases without asking you then what your claim team will do!!! in half of the cases seller and buyer both need ebay's help like a judge.
Message 103 of 108
latest reply

I am so confused regarding this new seller standard. 

Can you please guide me what should I do in following cases to ensure that it does not affect my seller rating-

1. I ship the product but customer refuse to accept the order and it comes back to me. After shippment, I do not have any option to cancel the order. When I mail for refund, I receive back the mail that delivery timelines are still open. Meanwhile, customer raises ebay guarantee claim. What should I do in this case?

2. In case of return due to incorrect address/ unshippable area/ buyer not contactable also, I face the similar issue as above. What should I do?

The worst part is that the customer care of ebay is also confused. Everytime I call them they give different answers. I don't know whom to trust.

All cases of refund are counted as 'cases closed without seller resolution'. However, cases where seller is agreeing to the refund, should not be counted as refund. Or atleast provide seller to refund customers after shippment. You have 0.3% as your standard for 'cases closed without seller resolution' i.e. 1 in very 333 cases. I am selling 100 units each month. This means that even if in a single case where I issue refund to buyer (even if its not my fault), will put me in 'Below Standard' category. Doing business in such scanerio is impossible. I am waiting for the impact of ratings post 20th May, 2016. I just hope that I don't have to decide to quit selling on ebay. 

P.S. I have been selling on other e-commerce website and I have found ebay system to be the most confusing and inconsistent. 

Message 104 of 108
latest reply

Hi,

Already completed the all PowerSeller requirements but yesterday they removed the my PowerSeller and TopRated seller tag. without any info.!! Is this eBay Glitch or they trying to making more money with "Silver" member remittance status..

Screen attached.

Message 105 of 108
latest reply

I sent several reminders to inappeals@ebay.in from 20th, SR# 1-80554446686, but ebay is still not responding.

Claims are affected my seller dashboard transaction defect rate incorrectly. Claims were approved in favour of buyer due the items were returned back to origin, because buyer is out of station. Both shipments I used eBay PowerShip, so it is not my defect, it is buyer defect. but on my seller defect rate it is reflecting. I contacted several times to ebay toll free customer care also. But no use.

I lost my power seller, top rated seller and platinum remittance due to ebay mistake.
Message 106 of 108
latest reply

YOU SHALL BE PROUD OF YOUR HR TEAM WHO HAVE SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED RECRUITING MORE THAN 100 ASSHOLES FROM ALL OVER DELHI/GURGAON AND MUMBAI SPECIFICALLY TO HARASS SELLERS.

WE CONGRATULATE YOU FOR THIS EVENT AS YOU HAVE PROVEN YOURSELF TO BE SUPERIOR **bleep**S THEN EXPECTED.

WHOLE DAY YOU QUOTE YOURSELF AS PROFESSIONAL ASSES WHO NEED NOT TO DO ANY WORK EXCEPT TO SIT IN OFFICE AND FIND WAYS TO DEFRAUD AND MENTALLY HARASS SELLERS.

ONE EXAMPLE FOR THE SAME IS AS FOLLOWS: SR 1-92408125413 VIDE THIS MR. AAKASH CONFIRMED THAT THEY ARE NOT GIVEN ANY AUTHORITY TO AS PER EBAY POLICIES TO SPEAK TO THEIR SENIOR FOR AN ALREADY ESCALATED ISSUE AND THE SELLER KEEP ON REPEATING THE SAME THINGS TWICE AND THRICE WHENEVER HE CALLS BACK TO SPEAK TO THE SENIOR FOR AN ISSUE ALREADY DISCUSSED WITH HIM ( HERE SENIOR MEANS MR. BHUPENDER ) HE ALSO TOLD THAT IRRESPECTIVE OF THE FACT THAT YOUR BACK OFFICE ASSES ARE AS USUAL AT FAULT BUT STILL WE SHALL ACCEPT THEIR REGULAR APOLOGIES WHICH THEY SOUGHT WITHOUT ANY BETTERMENT FOR THE NEXT TIME. ALSO HE CONFIRMED THAT ONLY EBAY HAS GOT SUCH RIGHTS TO KEEP ON APOLOGISING FOR BREACH OF TERMS OF EBAY ALTHOUGH SELLER HAS NO SIMILAR RIGHTS.

CLAPS !!!!!!

Message 107 of 108
latest reply

My ebay seller account has degraded from TOP rated seller to Below standard.

When checked, I found 4 cases shown as closed without seller resolution. Here I remember, in all these cases , we had provided our full support and there was no dispute / disagreement with the buyer.  Kindly check M2M messages, we replied to buyers.

All the item carried warranty and we offered replacement but buyer were willing for refund only. Hence without any dispute, we agreed for refund. Since there is no other option available, to return the item for refund, and several times, there are situations, when we have to recall the item and allow refund bacause we can not argue with buyer.

This is not fair, ebay assumes seller responsible even for such cases and count them defect. I talked over the phone and wrote to Seller support but no help from enay side.

This is very unfortunate.

Message 108 of 108
latest reply