New Seller Standards

Dear members,

We will be happy to hear your queries/feedback/suggestions around this here. Please click 'reply' to post a message.

Regards,

Team eBay India.

Message 1 of 108
latest reply
107 REPLIES 107

New Seller Standards

Like the changes but we as a seller our only concern is feedback, which we have to maintain at least 98% which is good but if we get negative feedback we can't remove that as per eBay policy ,but if we solve the issue with the buyer and buyer is happy to remove the feedback then eBay should remove the negative feedback ....We as a seller we have very limited feedback revision request and can't send to every buyer ..I think resolving an issue then getting a negative feedback removed after getting buyers confirmation through m2m is best option available ....We as a seller use to get this as an option but now we can't ..Nowadays if seller gets a negative feedback they don't bother to talk to the buyers because they know it can't be removed...I think eBay should think about this and should bring some changes in feedbacks ......And yeah I'm talking  about "getting a negative feedback on transactions above Rs 750 "can't be removed as per eBay policy which they need to change.

Message 2 of 108
latest reply

New Seller Standards

Good Changes.. Also Two more suggestion. As you know, we (Sellers) trying our best to satisfy the buyers. but in some cases, buyer's are not satisfied which includes (item condition,defects, shipping delay or late delivery) and they left neutral / negative feedback. so you should ask the buyers to send message to the sellers before leaving neutral / negative feedback (from 30 days of transaction) and you should ask the buyers to wait for resolution from seller within next 24 hours. In that time, we will try our best to solve the problems and make the buyers to satisfy.If we didn't reply, then you can allow the buyers to leave the feedback

Feedback Revision Requests:  You should Increase the feedback revision requests (From neutral / negattive to Positive )

After we solve the problem, we will ask the buyers to change the feedback.. All you have to do is lift the limitation from 5 feedback revision / 1000 transactions to atleast 25 feedback revision / 1000 transactions..

And also we want chat option for trust and safely team like before.. it is really hard for us to call for everything..

Message 3 of 108
latest reply

New Seller Standards

sechelon
Community Member

Dear EBay, if you are listening....

just let us sellers leave a negative feedback for buyers.

This will enable the community to sniff out buyers who disappear after bidding or do not pay.

Again - if you are listening.....

Too many times I have seen buyers bidding and not paying.....

we as sellers have to comply with id proof, bank details, contact details.

and it's hard to locate the buyer if he takes a dip......

are you listening?

Message 4 of 108
latest reply

New Seller Standards

jay8701
Community Member
What about buyers contact use and cancel order, n we can not shipped. This order will affect over good rating, so please solve it?????????
Message 5 of 108
latest reply

New Seller Standards

Sir,
 I am working with eBay for last 10 years. Now eBay is holding my payments and stopping refunds. Pleas check the below details!

1. Ebay is holding payment of around Rs. 30,000/- in various claims.
2. Ebay is holding my refunds around Rs. 2000/- for my purchases.
3. Short remittance in December 2015 is not paid.
4. About 30 emails sent in this regard is not answered.

Please attend this issues and let me work with eBay in the future also.

Seena Mathew

Message 6 of 108
latest reply

New Seller Standards

Please explain the following:

1. Transaction Defect > Closed cases without seller resolution:

---- In my 16 yrs of selling on eBay I have not seen even 1 case closed without seller resolution, eBay anyway closes the case by refunding the buyers payment back. I have not understood the usefulness of this clause till today that in what scenario can a case close without seller resolution, how is that possible ?

2. Transaction Defect > Seller-cancelled transactions:

---- Kindly give the calculation eBay will work with as you people keep everything hidden and secret just to harass some sellers and promote other sellers. I have been asking for the working calculation but till today eBay has not provided the calculation they work on.

3. Late Shipment > Late Delivery of Item:

---- What exactly do you mean by late shipment, is the must receive by date taken as cut-off date or is it something else and what happens to powership sellers where the delivery is delayed resulting is delay of payment to the seller ?

Message 7 of 108
latest reply

New Seller Standards

Yes this is a matter of grave concern, buyers place COD Order in impulse and then call and ask for cancellation of order in those cases we are left with no other option but to cancel the order because in such instances buyer will not be accepting the product even if we ship the order and logistics cost and based upon value of the product unnecessarily the amount will just keep moving in transit for 15 days
Message 8 of 108
latest reply

New Seller Standards

mylooms
Community Member
Good, sharing my experience. I am a new seller ,seriously started selling from june-2015 onwards. & made 538 successful transactions. Also doing at different online channels. I am very disappointed with eBay's rating/feedback & shipment system.

About rating, refund & feedback system

Out of my 538 transactions only got 101 feedback (only below 25%) it is very sad to say that below 25% buyers giving feedback, and eBay considering this <25 % for sellers evaluation. Many buyer's putting negative feedback and availing refund. Some of them choosing 'nutral and commenting good', ebay considering it as negative. Seller's needs to suffer Both financial & credibility loss .many fraud buyers utilizing this system. Its needs to be change.

Shipping
I did my all 538 shipment via India post, with out eBay packing materials. It also disappointing, because different times I applied for power ship, but till not activated. Due to the lack of eBay packing materials many buyers not accepting the package and returned. Many buyer's didn't like India post as a courier medium. I wrote many times to eBay for getting eBay packing, also ready for purchase if available. All other online channels providing packing materials and shipping facilities. So please re think eBay.
Thanks.
Message 9 of 108
latest reply

New Seller Standards

Many times, buyers purchase items by mistake or don't see the item description before paying & request sellers to cancel the transaction. This should not affect seller ratings.

Buyers should have the option to cancel such transactions, so that it does not affect sellers.

Spoiler

Message 10 of 108
latest reply