New Seller Standards

Dear members,

We will be happy to hear your queries/feedback/suggestions around this here. Please click 'reply' to post a message.

Regards,

Team eBay India.

Message 1 of 108
latest reply
107 REPLIES 107

Re: New Seller Standards

@ebay sellercare: The issue is not that you are going to move the data forward until May.

The issue is that even items that are being delivered on time via speed post you are unable to see that and marking it as "carrier says late delivery"

Also when seller is selcting option "other" and entering comments again it is assuming "late delivery"

This is a programming error and items should not be marked as "late shipment" due to inability to track it ESPECIALLY WHEN buyer is "CONFIRMING RECEIPT" or item is "TREATED AS RECEIVED" within timelines with no disputes.

KINDLY FIX THE ROOT TECHNICAL CAUSE.

Message 71 of 108
latest reply

What...? you are NOT UNDERSTANDING the late shipment issue and just repeating same word again and again. this is insane.

Message 72 of 108
latest reply

kindly fix following issues nothing else

1) Carrier says late delivery : once it is shipped seller can not do anything about it, either it's a powership order or non poweship order  so do not link carrier's performance to sellers' perfomance

2) We hav listed handling time to "Same day". Aramex picks up parcel same day and ships next day, fix it so aramex can ship it same day

3) We shipped product through speed post, buyer address not reachable phone not picking, parcels gets Returned to us, Buyer opens a claim for item not reacied, we ask ebay to refund the buyer. still it is counted as "Case closed without seller resolution", why?

4) Estimated delivery date, who gives estimated deliver time? seller can only ship parcel as early as possible , seller has nothing to do with delivery time, as delivery time is not in sellers' control

So it's wrong to connect "Carrier says late delivery" what seller can do if carrier saying late delivery?

Message 73 of 108
latest reply

• On ebay India buyer is manually marking item as received before delivery deadlines or item is treated as received after few days of delivery deadline ... so carrier says "late delivery" makes no sense in such case.

• Also if seller is using Speed post or in the case the system is not able to pull the data from the tracking uploaded by seller it is defaulting to "carrier says late delivery" even if item is received by buyer before delivery deadline or "treated as received"

• In both situation above one part of the system is contradicting the other part so it is quite a ridiculous situation for sellers.
Message 74 of 108
latest reply

quick Announcements thanks
Message 75 of 108
latest reply

Quick Question - 

what after 20 th May? Are you going to remove Shipment criteria ? Since .  As we all seller know 99% Buyer will never confirm item post delivery and it will still appear as Carrier says late delivery for NON POWERSHIP Order.

Solution to your Problem should be removal of such crieteria to measure Seller Performance. 

This is really non practical rule you are imposing on Seller without any factual figure. 

Trust me, Who has drafted such rule . Kudos to them in your team. Please look back and think again and put yourself in seller shoes. 

shall we (All sellers) stop taking Non Powership Order henceforth ?

Any Non - Powership Seller - Can you please put your % here. I would like to see their percentage. It must be 50-90%.  

I expect some technical and conclusive comment from ebay India Team. 

Cheers

Message 76 of 108
latest reply

WE WELCOME U FOR REMOVING THE FEEBCACK POLICY , DOES THAT MEAN WE SHOULD STOP CALLING TRUST AND SAFETY TEAM ABOUT FEEDBACK REMOVAL REQUEST ? TRUST AND SAFETY TEAM IS NOT UPDATED WITH THSI POLICY ,WE CALLE THEM THEY TOLD SO.I WISH TO RESOLVE ALL BUYERS CASES HOW IS THAT POSSSIBLE, MEANS A RFUND OFFERED TO THEM IN CLAIM WILL THAT BE COUNTED AS MUTUALLY RESOLVED ,I M SHIPPING 99 PERCENT OF MY ITEMS SAME DAY BUT THEY GETS CONNECTED NEXT DAY AS THE BLUEDart courier is in nearby city , i was promised  by powership that because of this all timelines defects will be removed but y are they not doing so , pls contact my powership team,like other sites there shoukld be an option to upload manifest as soon as item is rts ...from than onwards its job of powership team,,,pls addd more powership partners,,,,like dosdot ,delhivery ,ecom,firstflight,overnite ,speedpost,vpp of indian post.,not only this we were promised at joining of powership defects of item damage in transit of powership will be removed, but they and trust and safety team deny for removal of feedbacks of "scratches " isnt that a damage in transit ?and if buyer wants to cancel order what should a seller do ?why that is counted as a defect ?or if seller ask to cancel order in m2m than a neg. fb for any reason left later by buyer should be removed or the defect or claim shoukld be auto rejected .

Message 77 of 108
latest reply

I will quote specific example here that I am facing. It is so ricidulous and eBay India has no solution..just playing ping pong with emails.

The problem still exists.

For Paisapay ID 41707002833 the delivery deadline was 3rd of Feb and item was delivered below via Speedpost on 1st Feb

http://www.indiapost.gov.in/CommonTracking.aspx?sparticlenumber=EH676645427IN

STILL your system is saying "carrier says LATE DELIVERY"

Where is the LATE DELIVERY ?

EBAY is giving me 5 days time to ship and 10 days to deliver and I delivered before time !!! 

WHY does the seller have to take blame for programming issue with your system  ?!!

Message 78 of 108
latest reply

I get a few ' please do not ship' requests from buyers every month, sometimes on the same day they have bought the item and I, usually after a exchange of mail, refund their money immediately.  This should not be called a item " cancelled by seller" because it has been done at the specific request of a buyer and so should not have any bad impact on my ratings.  In fact those buyers who friviously order an item and then immediately want to cancel it giving some lame excuse or those who order via POD and then do not take delievery should be given upto three buying opportunities and then debarred from buying on ebay.

Message 79 of 108
latest reply

I found this on ebay.com ...Why is eBay India not using this logic for "late shipment " ???

With regard to the new on-time delivery metric, eBay told sellers:

“An order will be counted as being on time as long as it meets any one of the following criteria:

• Item tracking status shows as ‘Accepted’ within your stated dispatch time.
  • Item tracking status shows as ‘Delivered’ within your estimated delivery time.
  • The buyer confirms that the delivery was made on time.

“Deliveries will be considered late only when:

• You do not upload tracking information and your buyer states that the item arrived after the estimated delivery date.
  • Tracking shows that there is no acceptance scan within your stated dispatch time and the item arrived after the estimated delivery date, plus your buyer either does not confirm that the item arrived on time or states that the item arrived after the estimated delivery date.”

This image on ebay.com clearly states the logic.

http://for-business.ebay.com/sites/default/files/images/20151809091444.png

why is eBay India not using same logic ?

Message 80 of 108
latest reply