New Seller Standards

Dear members,

We will be happy to hear your queries/feedback/suggestions around this here. Please click 'reply' to post a message.

Regards,

Team eBay India.

Message 1 of 108
latest reply
107 REPLIES 107

Re: New Seller Standards

sellercare@ebay.com wrote:

Dear members,

We will be happy to hear your queries/feedback/suggestions around this here. Please click 'reply' to post a message.

Regards,

Team eBay India.

there were some promises made to a seller before joining powership, that defects of item re. broken will be removed, 

than if ebay covers than why claim is written as approv.ed , its defect should be removed , 

powership dose not remove if an item have scaratches , isnt that because of transit damage ?

if a buyer writes ,item not fiiting , received broken ,bad quality , than why feedback is not removed if shipped by powership, as if an item is broken than how will it fit.?

defects of late shipping - ebay should never demoralise a seller ,as a seller should get 3-5 days to ship an item , and defect shoulld only arise if  seller dosent ship an item in 5 days ...now its the role of powership and other non powership courier partner to ship them , what can a seller do in that ?

ebay should rely on tracking details and should not ask pod from sellers...if its showing delivered , as else the seller feels cheated , as pod never arrives in 72 hours ..

ebay powership should have a tie up with lsp like firstflight,gojavas, delhivery, ecom,dtdc , dosdot,gati,and more 

ebay claim team should ask a buyer always to attach pic if they raise a claim for item received not as described, or damaged item re.but to the contraray if product worh is less than 750 its not required by a buyer to attach pics.

its given in powership announcement page that there will be delay in powership pickup and connection in mp. than ebay should removed all timeline defects of sellers from this reason ,as its powership teams job and that was only promised in powership agreement .

iits good a dsr and feedback is not any worth now as per new seller standards, but give some air to breathe to sellers , as shipping defects are already showing too much, rather its a new policy so ebay should consider counting it from now on.and a seller should get time remaining to ship an item to get full ratings before every item on need to provide shipping details.,

i have many ideas for welfare of ebay and seller , - just one of them , ebay should themselves make all listings of all sellers from india live around the world in every country and ebay powership team should add the shipping cost as they want ...can increase sales by 500 percent or more in a single day...i can do it for ebay...

ebay should detuct tds from all sellers income so all money that is coming to a seller is tax paid.

ebay should deduct there fees before remittance that will decrease the turnover in a sellers accounts books ...thus he will save., ebay fees will also be safe.

ebay shoulld have an option of showing the sellers shop on facebook , twitter , whatsup, pinterest and youtube , and the link to pay will always be from ebay .ebays turonver will increase in days...in times , 

after sales ebay should give a buyer an option to add similar items to the bought item with shipping discounts , as will be shipped together .

there shoulld never be an unpaid item case policy , either its sold or not sold , nothing in between , as it is ahrassment on sellers and buyers , even many products goes out of stock wiuthout sellers knowledge , hence ebay himself loosing .

ebay should also give sellers packaging services the sellers just have to mark item nos on all items and the logistics and poiwership will do all packing and labelling.in proper branding boxes of ebay.as in many states and cities there are ban on use of plastic bags its an offence.so rather than plastic bags boxes should  be used .

there should be a simple 2 second listing app. for sellers , like fwd an pic and title and qty on whatsup rest ebay will do to list it.

there should be no option of feedback rather there should a return tab on sellers page.like it keep it .so simple tag line.

Message 51 of 108
latest reply

I am seeing 66 transactions shown as late shipment. I have checked all the 66 shipments out of that 60 shipments are handed over to courier within 48 hours. What is ebay calculating god knows. I have sent the data to inlogistics@ebay.com. But no one has responded yet. Guys late shipment rate needs thorough testing. Without seller protection transaction: Ebay closes cases below 750 rupees under seller protection, in case the product is above 750 they will ask to reship and mark the claim as closed in favor of buyer. Seller is shown as at fault if this way the calculation will happen no one will sell above 750 rupees item. 0.3 % is the defect rate expected that means 1/300 transactions. This is more than amazo** they have 1/200
Message 52 of 108
latest reply

Good Deshborad

but i am Never heppy with Your Shipping  Standerd

just 5%

And

ebay always Cover Sunday And Holidays

10% holidays in year

Very Bad

Message 53 of 108
latest reply

As of now no negative feedback for us, but this new standard shows we will become below standard after 20 feb, 2016 due to delayed shipping time? we always ship the item with in 12 hours at the maximum of 24 hours, but due floods and heavy rain in chennai last month, our place is completely wipes out, for example we could not seen our cars in the parking area, it is swollen by water, that much we suffered.  that was the reason for delayed shipment.

second thing shipment is delayed for power ship, is not because of our control, you have chosen one LSP they come after 24 hours or 48 hours, even sometimes the aramex people never turned up for the pick up. and we should take all this when mistake made by others? for a late shipment.

there are two claim with out seller resolution, but among those one item is not ours, and another one is damaged by the buyer and claimed.  the buyer sent us his own item, not ours, and claimed for the refund and ebay also provided. we can not always fight with you people, and justify our honesty. we have lot of work to do. even calling for a help to powership it takes 50 or 1 hours time. ridiculous. You need to look out carefully to justify both sides. we are losing here on ebay instead of gaining, but still continuing for unknown reason. why should we ? 

new standard is looks inappropriate, need to check both sides buyer and seller, how that transaction has done !

Message 54 of 108
latest reply

Amazon allows ODR 1% and now their new policy says, A to Z claims closed  in favour of seller, will not be counted as defects.

They also remove injustified negative feedbacks. The only issue is, bulk product listing on Amazon. If you have your own brand, Amazon is best place.

However for manufacturer warranty items, ebay supports somewhat. Over all, Amazon is expending well and ebay's profit has reduced 10% in last financial year. For this downfall, rather then ebey policies, ebay blames sellers,   while the scene is totally different. They do not want to accept their mistake - Boss is always right.

I have been with ebay since baazee.com time ie 2004, after some time ebay took over baazee.com and since after, I never see any ebay policy change, that is justified for sellers. Most genuine sellers, from ebay, moved to other portals.

They provide zero support to sellers. Ebay do not believe on sellers. Support to buyers also is not upto mark. Talking on Tollfree number requires hours long waiting.

I am 100% sure, these policies are no going to help ebay in any way.

Message 55 of 108
latest reply

good suggestions, e bay is too harsh with sellers & too much lenenient with buyers, many a times buyers raise fake claims & get away with it due to negligence & careless attitude of e bay staff, even after furnishing DRS copies they get away with refunds.

& in many cases when the defaulting bidders do not pay there is no way a seller can leave -ve feed back.

Message 56 of 108
latest reply

the same thing applied with me also, it is horrible to see I will be downgraded to below standard after 20th Feb, although I am TRS at present, all due to faulty standard of late shipment, although buyers received items within timelines but due to non confirmation by buyers & system confirmation by default after many weeks has led to the result of late shipment. This parameter is like a Damocles sword having twin edges which e bay is using to it's advantage. if the buyer does not confirm item receipt or if the buyer confirms afters three weeks down the line although he had received the item three weeks back, is it the seller's fault? he bay is introducing one more nuisance for sellers . and as has always been the practice of e bay being too harsh with sellers & very lenient with buyers.
Message 57 of 108
latest reply

very true, I am also on the same boat, I too will loose my position from TRS to below standard because of this faulty parameter. have already written to them with evidence for buyers not confirming item receipt & e bay downgrading sellers to below standard for no fault of sellers.
Message 58 of 108
latest reply

this is one more harassment tool in the hands of e bay as well as buyer & the seller is made to suffer. The only escape route is for bid items, where the buyer intends to cancel the deal without making payment, then the seller is at liberty to open unpaid item cases in order to escape SELLER CANCEL TRANSACTION, in order to come neat & clean & also report buyer for payment default & get him blocked for buying activity.
Message 59 of 108
latest reply

WORSE CHNAGES

WE DO NOT KNOW WHY EBAY HARASING ONLY SELLERS?

We have been TopRated PowerSeller since last 06 months and now your new policy shows Your seller level would be "Below Standard"

For Late shipment rate  82.93% as 277 of 334 transactions were late delivered

While checking we found that all items were delivered within 3-4 days. How eBay calculate the Late shipment rate?

Does eBay ever bother to check when the items were delivered?

If appears that eBay wants all Sellers to be "Below Standard" thats why eBay going to implement this new policy.

If there are some sellers left "ABove STandard" or Toprated, they will surely come "Below Standard" next month due to this WORSE policy

Message 60 of 108
latest reply