New Seller Standards

Dear members,

We will be happy to hear your queries/feedback/suggestions around this here. Please click 'reply' to post a message.

Regards,

Team eBay India.

Message 1 of 108
latest reply
107 REPLIES 107

Re: New Seller Standards

In continuation of my earlier post I would like someone from ebay to reply as to what I should do in the following case.

Buyer placed COD order for mobile phone and within 20 min I get a mail asking me to cancel this order.

Should I ship this order or cancel it?

If I cancel it then according to the ‘New Standards’ this will be counted as a transaction defect.
If I do ship it, I have my inventory locked up for about 10 to 14 days till I receive the COD Refused order back.
Time wasted + packaging cost + courier charges (both way) + risk of damage to product = Saving your rating

As proof I have attached a small screenshot of the mail received from the buyer.

Message 41 of 108
latest reply

i think in no way sellers' performance should be linked to logistic's performance. We do not own courier companies, once item is shipped we barely have any control over them, We are already in powership and send non powership through DTDC and India post. We ship all orders in 24 hours, still our late shipment rate is showing 20% Aramex picks parcel same day but connected them in 24 to 48 hours those shipments are also marked as late shipping.

Cases closed without sellers resolution We shipped parcel, it reached destination city, address is not complete buyer never picks up phone, so courier company marked item as RTO, buyer opened claim as item not received, we asked ebay to refund to te buyer. Now in this case we are no where at fault still it is marked as case closed without seller's resolution new standard has so many loop holes, and unfair. and no courier company is super efficient in INDIA right now who can deliver parcel on committed days, delays do happen, they should only count how fast seller is shipping the product and how seller is helping in refund or replacement, that's it, it's as simple as that

Message 42 of 108
latest reply

I am shipping the item on the same day or on the next day itself. If courier company makes delay in delivery, how i can take responsibility?? It should not reflect in  Late shipment rate.

You need to remove Late Delivery of Item

Otherwise most of the sellers including me will lost the top rated position..

Message 43 of 108
latest reply

So, if buyer made order by mistake, and telling us to cancel it, then if we give a refund from ourside to buyer before shipping the product, will this be in transaction defect rate? as its in new policy there is showing seller-cancelled transaction?

Message 44 of 108
latest reply

There is one more transaction defect in my ratings.

case is :-

we shipped the product under powership programe through bluedart courier, but they have not updated anything on their website, we got email from ebay regarding manifest of the ship product, so we sent the manifest to ebay team, after that buyer opened a claim as "item not received, i want replacement".

and we didnt received any email from ebay, and automatically claim was closed by ebay and refunded to seller, although this was a Cash On Delivery Transaction.

so what is our fault in this? but its showing in transaction defect in our ratings. can ebay team listening? or just opened this forum for timepass only?

there is no even single reply by ebay on this forum. we sellers only posting here, but there is no care from ebay for all queries and problems. still ebay is not caring for sellers. one day will be there and no sellers will be available on ebay india.

Message 45 of 108
latest reply

there is nothing seller can do if buyer opens a claim for item not received, either give DRS or refund if it is a non powership transaction

In powership all happens automatic

So in both case, it should not be counted in" case closed without sellers resolution"

Because once parcel is delayed  we can just ask local logistic companies to get it delivered that's it. If it is lost or RTO, we can just refund, but ebay counting those refund also as " Case closed without seller resolution"

Message 46 of 108
latest reply

Hello ebay,

Like many sellers pointed out here, there is a serious bug in the system that calculates late shipments. I shipped many items within 2 hours of order confirmation, but they are showing as late shipment. Also items got delivered in 1-2 days. So, test it thoroughly before "trusting" your system.

Fast shipping is a useful metric to measure seller's performance. But, is the infrastructure ready for the same? I shipped items  immedaitely, but the courier company takes its own sweet time to enter it into their "system". God knows what time they would enter. If you are going to "trust" carrier's system, it will generate lot of late shipments in your system. Ultimately, the seller level will go down.

Raising the bar for seller standards is good, but do it prudently. Seller's performance should not be jeopardized due to issues in the system, either ebay's or carriers'.

Many a time, buyer won't be reachable for a genuine non-ebay moderated settlement. Eventually this lands up in ebay court and creates a dent on the seller.

Message 47 of 108
latest reply

Team!

We do not know WHY my next level showing Your seller level would be Below Standard

We have been selling on eBay since 2007, and this is first time we're seeing  such a message.

It appears that your calculatin is totally worng

See the details:

Current seller level
Above Standard
As of 20 Jan, 2016

If we evaluated you today
Your seller level would beBelow Standard
Next evaluation on 20 Feb, 2016

Transaction defect rate 0.99 24 of 2,419 transactions

Late shipment rate 11 of 7 transactions

Cases closed without seller resolution0.99%24 of 2,419 transactions

Transactions and sales

2,419transactions

WE DO NOT KNOW WHAT TYPE OF CALCULAION YOU PEOPLE ARE DOING

DO YOU WANT US TO STOP SELLING ON EBAY????????????????

Message 48 of 108
latest reply

WORSE POLICY

YOU RE BLAMING SELLERS FOR NO FAULT OF THEM

WE DO NOT HAVE CONTROL OVER COURIER COMPANIES AND MOST OF THE BUYERS DO NOT CONFIRM THE RECEIPT OF THE ITEMS AFTER RECEIVING THEM

DUE TO YOUR NEW POLICY, 95 PERCENTAGE OF THE SELLERS ARE NOW BELOW STANDARD AND YOU HAVE THE REASON TO HOLD THE REMITTANCE FOR MORE THAN 21 DAYS.

EBAY NEED TO FIRE THOSE WHO HAD MADE THIS POLICY

IT WILL ONLY REUIN EBAY IN INDIAN MARKET

Message 49 of 108
latest reply

sellercare@ebay.com wrote:

Dear members,

We will be happy to hear your queries/feedback/suggestions around this here. Please click 'reply' to post a message.

Regards,

Team eBay India.

sir there are delays in pickup and connnection as per powership announcement 

so kindly remove all defects of powership late shipping as all items are rts on same date but not connected by lsp 
refer ebays announcement -"sir there are delays in pickup and connnection as per powership announcement "

Delayed Item Pick up and Deliveries in MP and UP Read less

Due to embargo on e-tail shipments in Madhya Pradesh and Uttar Pradesh, pick up and deliveries in all regions of the State have been delayed. Shipments in transit or picked up at origins in these states, or at transit hub are updated as "Held for regulatory reason".

We're working with our PowerShip Logistics Partners to minimize the impact of this situation, and request your patience and support during this time.

thus kindly see attachment for list of defeccts arise of late shhipping due to ebay powership in attachmnent and than remove defets of all of them ,

in all there are 728 transactions with defetc of late shippping 

thanks 

Message 50 of 108
latest reply