New Seller Standards

Dear members,

We will be happy to hear your queries/feedback/suggestions around this here. Please click 'reply' to post a message.

Regards,

Team eBay India.

Message 1 of 108
latest reply
107 REPLIES 107

Re: New Seller Standards

My main concerns are: 

1) What should we do in case of a COD order that the buyer has informed us via mail or call not to ship and cancel that order. 

a: Should we ship the order in spite of knowing this just to save our rating ?
Or
b:
Cancel the order and that will not be counted against us.

Will this not add to un necessary expense to Ebay toward courier cost both ways and for the sellers wastage of time and packaging material.

2) Non powership orders from remote places where major couriers do not have service and the buyer is unable to provide an alternate address for shipment. Those have to be canceled as there is no other option.

If this new rating system is to be implemented Ebay should provide clear guidelines as to what should be done in case of above scenarios.

Thank You.

Message 31 of 108
latest reply

Ebay should understand that we do not own courier companies and once parcel is shipped we barely have any control over logisitc companies, even powership partner also sometimes not able to deliver parcel for 20-30 days,

So ebay should make a list of white color logistic companies, if seller is shipping product with those courier, shipping time should be considered not the delivery timing.

It's like penalising for logistic companies to seller.

Second thing give buyer option to cancel the order if product is not marked Ready to ship, from our side we have 0 cancelation in 1 year due to any reason, but every month buyer asks us to cancel the order due to any reason

You should change the crieteria to Late delivery of item to late shipping of item, and late shipping should be considered which is shipped after 72 hours from the order date

Message 32 of 108
latest reply

Dear members,

We appreciate all the feedback and comments. As stated, we plan to conduct trainings to explain the changes in detail in the coming weeks. Moreover, we will protect the sellers who see a negative impact of the new standards on their seller account, for an extended period of time.

Meanwhile, you can keep posting your questions so that we can address all of them during the training. Also, we welcome you to share your valuable inputs which we shall consider for further modifications.

Regards,

Team eBay India.

Message 33 of 108
latest reply

@ Ebay India 

All you Need to Remove Late Shipment Parameter to Measure Performance Especially Non _ Powership Order. 99% Buyer don't confirm Item post delivery. Also For PS late Delivery, Seller Should n't be Responsible. 

What's your call on that ?? You can put 1-2 line here. 

Message 34 of 108
latest reply

Dear Ebay,

Your new standard are not very logical.

you are showing Ebay gurantee claim closed without seller resoultion.but i have provided either refund or replacment to my buyers.

so how can you say that .

I Never done late delivery.i have dispatced all the shipments within working 24 hours and none of my customer have complaint about this.

if you are applying new standards.you should remove all previous deffects and start from New standard.your policies are buyrer orinted ,buyers are missusing ebay gurantee ckaim they use my phones for thirty days and open claim on 3oth day and asking for refund.

Message 35 of 108
latest reply

Yes they are counting for thos claims where we have given full refund with reversepickup .

Buyer ordered prouct 17th at 7pm, we did RTS on 18th 10am aramex picked up on 18th and connected with their system on 19th.

Now in whole scenerio we are nowhere in fault, still that order is counted in late shipment

at-least take seller's percesptive before making any non practical unfair changes in the system, or make system efficient or truthful

Message 36 of 108
latest reply

The new standard is completely unfair.

The only problem with by rating is Late shipment has turned out to be 16% when I have shipped all orders on time ether same day or next day. It turns out all these orders were shipped by Powership. The reasons indicated as carrier says late delivery. WHy should we be punished for the ebay courier partner's late delivery or incapability to deliver on time.

second thing the evaluation is considering the time period from November 1 when these new useless rules were not there. New evaluation rules should corresponds to the time from when we were informed of these rules. i.e from 20th January not november 2015.

Message 37 of 108
latest reply

dru_1
Community Member

OK . FIRST OF ALL BEFORE YOU UNVEILED THIS NEW SELLER STANDARDS , YOU SHOULD OF GATHERED ALL THE EBAY REPRESENTATIVES AND EXPLAINED THIS TO THEM BECAUSE I CALLED EBAY TODAY AND THEY CANNOT EXPLAIN THIS NEW SETUP TO ME.

SECONDLY EBAY HAS MY STATUS AS ABOVE STANDARD , BUT THEN MY NEXT EVALUATION IS SAYING BELOW STANDARD , HOW IS THIS ???

IT SAYS THAT 32 OF MY 35 SALES WERE LATEV, HOW???

SECONDLY , WE SELLERS SUFFER THE MOST WHEN BUYERS IRRITATE US ABOUT SHIPPING AND DELIVER BUT AFTER RECEIVING ITEM , THEY DO NOT ACCEPT RECEIPT ON EBAY AND THEN THEY DON'T EVEN LEAVE FEEDBACK , OUT OF 189 TRANSACTIONS I ONLY HAVE 53 FEEDBACKS!!!

SELLERS  NEED A WAY BY WHICH WE CAN JUDGE AND PROTECT AGAINST FRAUDULENT BUYER , LIKE BUYERS WHO DO NOT PAY FOR ITEM AFTER BIDDING , BUYERS WHO DO NOT ACCEPT ITEM RECEIPT AND SELLER THEN HAVE TO WAIT ABOUT 9 DAYS FOR EBAY TO TREAT ITEM AS RECEIVED.

NOW EBAY , PLEASE PUT BACK CHAT AND EMAIL AS A METHOD TO COMMUMNICATE WITH YOU , NOT EVERYBODY HAS TIME TO SIT ON THE PHONE FOR 35 MINUTE'S. 

REALLY DISAPPOINTED WITH THIS NEW STANDARD , 

AT LEAST ALLOW THE SELLER TO GET THE REMITTANCE PROCESSED AS SOON AS COURIER AGENT SAYS THAT ITEM IS DELIVERED TO BUYER , ONCE BUYER RECEIVES ITEM HE DOES NOT CARE ABOUT SELLER , I HAVE HAD EXPERIENCE ABOUT THIS.

Message 38 of 108
latest reply

EXACTLY , THESE NEW STANDARD ARE ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE, ESPECIALLY FOR NEW AND SMALL SCALE SELLERS.
Message 39 of 108
latest reply

Hello 

I am a top rated seller with 100% positive feedback and had less then 1% defect rate.

But now due to this sudden change in seller standards, we are hit badly. Suddenly, seller dashboard says 'Below Standard' if evaluated today.

You donot have even informed sellers in India (Since I am from India, I can only speak about Indian sellers) and made this change suddenly.

I am not even aware of it fully. Strangely, 78% of my shipments are showing late shipped but I shipped most of them in 1 or max 2 days and delivered 99% of them before delivery deadline. But I think you are taking it based on tracking info on ebay site which it is not picking from DTDC (Logistic carrier) site. Due to fault at your technology end, such a mess..?

Does this mean I will loose my top rated status and now get below standard status on 20th Feb due to no fault of mine..?

Please clarify because if so, I would not like to sell on ebay. Its more of tension and uncertainity even when we work so hard.

Regarding, cases closed without seller resolution, why have you included claims where refund has been approved..? We ourselves ask buyers to ship back item and ask ebay to refund. Do you want us to provide refund ourselves and pay 5% paisa pay fee also..? This is again totall unfair and unethical.

All in all, I need training and need to know whats going on..? Also, please provide security against seller status because I dont want to loose my top rated status because of this sudden change full of errors and bugs.

Look forward to prompt and helpful reply.

Message 40 of 108
latest reply