New Seller Standards

Dear members,

We will be happy to hear your queries/feedback/suggestions around this here. Please click 'reply' to post a message.

Regards,

Team eBay India.

Message 1 of 108
latest reply
107 REPLIES 107

Re: New Seller Standards

Hello, The new Standard based on "Late Delivery of Item" is not at all correct. Now in the new dashboard I can see many of my transactions are marked as "Carrier says late delivery". All these transactionsI shipped within 1 business day as mentioned in my item handling time. Please let me know as a Seller how I am responsible for this defect. The standard based on "Late Shipment" is correct, but not on "Late Delivery of Item" . The title in the document says "Late Shipment" but you are evaluating on "Late Delivery of Item" which is not correct If the rating on "Late Delivery of Item" is not removed, many sellers will get very low rating in "Late Shipment rate" for which Seller is not responsible.

Message 21 of 108
latest reply

. I have shipped the items within 1 day but in the new dashboard many items are marked " carrier says late delivery ". I think they do not recognize india post as courier agent. This evaluation may work for The USA but not for india. The ebay team comes out with a lot of stupid ideas that hurt the sellers.

If this criteria is not removed, almost all the sellers would not be graded as " TOP RATED ".

Message 22 of 108
latest reply

Absolutely correct im sure after 20th feb 99% eBay sellers lose there top rated title. eBay did the same thing with powership fast shipment program doesn't matter how fast u marked item as ready to ship everything is depend on Courier pickup and you already know they are lazzy as hell.

Message 23 of 108
latest reply

Hello

I am a seller with 100% positive feedback and had defect rate of just 1 % as per previous standards. What is this system now..?

In my dashboard, can see 76% transactions marked as 'LATE SHIPMENT' and in 'If evaluated today', it is marked as 'Below Standard'.

This is funny. We as sellers work extremely hard to adapt to ebay's system and suddenly, you guys turn the system upside down. All my shipments were shipped in 1 day or max 2 days but since your system not taking tracking updates, its marking all shipments as late shipments. 

Took me 2 years to provide service as per ebay's system and now, we will have to again work hard to start from damn below standard. Not worth. This update from ebay has many many bugs, faults and is useless. Kindly take this as my feedback being a 100% feedback seller.

Thank you

Message 24 of 108
latest reply

Sir,

the policy is gud but whats the fault if the buyer dont accept the product in the given time inspite we deliver it on time i am not satisied with this policy and using your powership cost me rs10/- more per shipping please revise that or els its very hard o sell on ebay 

Message 25 of 108
latest reply

Dear All,

I think EBay is having some hidden plan to remove fast payment cycle.

I don't know what's wrong there
Message 26 of 108
latest reply

As per last seller dashboard there were 0 cases closed without seller resolution after the updations its 3 , struggling from months and months maintaining 100% positive feedback to be a top rated seller the new seller standard pushed me to below standard ....CASES CLOSED WITHOUT SELLER RESOLUTION SHOULD BE LESS THAN 3% (FOR MANTAING TRs) NOT 0.30%......... I GUESS MOST OF THE SELLER WOULD BE BELOW STANDARD ACCORDING TO (IF WE EVALUATE YOU TODAY) How should we (seller) decrease the defect rate after the transaction is cancelled or item not as described... 1. We should increase the sales or some other remedies??? 2. To decrease defect rate if we have to increase sales what about the account which are limited (like 200000 or 100 listings per month whichever is greater) LOOK THE CONCERN TEAM WE AS SELLER IF WE GET ONLY 3 DEFECT RATE FOR CASES CLOSED WITHOUT SELLER RESOLUTION WE HAVE TO ENORMOUSLY INCREASE SALES which is 1000 and giving this much sales is impossible and for those whose account is limited they are gone ....Like me being a Top rated seller only 3 defects for next month I'm below standard and my account is limited to 100 listings Please understand this situation we need changes
Message 27 of 108
latest reply

As per last seller dashboard there were 0 cases closed without seller resolution after the updates it's 3, struggling from months maintaining 100% positive feedback to be a top rated seller the new seller standard pushed me to below standard....CASES CLOSED WITHOUT SELLER RESOLUTION SHOULD BE LESS THAN 3% (FOR MAINTAINING TRs)NOT 0.30%.....I GUESS MOST OF THE SELLER WOULD BE BELOW STANDARD ACCORDING TO(IF WE EVALUATE YOU TODAY)

How should we(seller) decrease the defect after the transaction is cancelled or item not as described....

1. We should increase the sales or some others remedies ???

2. To decrease defect rate if we have to increase sales what about the account which are limited(like. 300000 or 100 listings per whichever is greater)

LOOK THE CONCERN TEAM WE AS A SELLER IF WE GET ONLY 3 DEFECT RATE FOR CASES CLOSED WITHOUT SELLER RESOLUTION WE HAVE TO ENORMOUSLY INCREASE SALES which is 1000 and giving this much sales is almost impossible and for those whose account is limited they are gone

Like me being a Top rated seller only 3 defects for next month I'm below standard and my account is limited to 100 listings

Please understand this situation we need changes

Message 28 of 108
latest reply

OMG Yes u r right maybe that's the reason eBay introduce New Seller Standards. 

Its all about $$

Message 29 of 108
latest reply

Same here. Top rated with 100% feedback and now showing Below Standard if evaluated today. This shipment late paramter is utterly horrible. I am just thinking how much has ebay spent on this update release and how horrible is it. Doesnot know who takes these decisions in top management or whatever team. They are utterly ridiculous and illogical. Ebay is no more a place to sell without tension. Its uncertain and there is no safety even for top rated sellers. You never know when they change entire system and what they do. They have made top rated sellers now below standard ones with this non working, illogical and stupid update release. Time to sell on mutiple platforms since I find ebay very very uncertain. Today, u have business here. Tomorrow nobody knows what they do.

Message 30 of 108
latest reply