New Seller Standards

Dear members,

We will be happy to hear your queries/feedback/suggestions around this here. Please click 'reply' to post a message.

Regards,

Team eBay India.

Message 1 of 108
latest reply
107 REPLIES 107

Re: New Seller Standards

Hi,

​Something wrong with ​the New Seller Standards calculation.

1. Transaction defect

Defect: Cases closed without seller resolution

PaisaPay ID 41560893335, Refunded by seller​, because shipping pin code is not covered by eBay PowerShip.
Buyer open the eBay Guarantee claim (Claim ID : 1634511) and asking for his 220rs coupon code ​refund. eBay claim adjuster approved the claim and marked as Defect (Cases closed without seller resolution) without any reason even they didn't call me.

2. Late shipment

Defect: Transactions that weren't shipped on time

PaisaPay ID 40529559102, eBay PowerShip shipment marked on time but late pickup and late delivery. Defect: Carrier says late delivery

PaisaPay ID 41391162515, eBay PowerShip shipment marked on time but late pickup and late delivery *Due to Xmas. Defect: Carrier says late delivery

PaisaPay ID 41580950340, eBay PowerShip shipment marked on time, Fast Shipping but delay by Carrier. Defect: Carrier says late delivery

PaisaPay ID 41579684362, eBay PowerShip shipment marked on time, Fast Shipping but delay by Carrier. Defect: Carrier says late delivery

So tell ​me on above transactions where is seller fault​.? ​didn't know its New Seller Standards ​calculation bug or something else please fix it asap.
Message 11 of 108
latest reply

The policy change is very disappointing and is showing just a dictatorship from ebay policy makers.
Ebay has just considered buyer's point but totally ignored practical problems and seller concerns.

Closed cases without seller resolution :
We are selling electronic items. There are cases when buyer either purchased the item without reading description OR face some incompatibility issue.
In first case, seller is not responsible while in second case, seller works out with buyer and resolves the issue either by refunding OR replacing the item.
But I have observed, both the cases are currently counted as defects. This is not fair policy.

Seller-cancelled transactions :
Several times, we receive call from buyer to cancell the COD order. what should seller do?
Cancelling the order will have bad seller rating and buyer will not accept it.
Why do not you provide negative rating option to sellers in such cases and also the buyer should be given an option to cancel the order and such cancellation should not effect seller rating.
Also if buyer address falls in non service area OR requires extra time to deliver, the seller should have an option, without affecting seller rating, to cancell such order OR should be allowed additional time by ebay itself.
Ebay may say, seller has option to restrict delivery to some predefined PIN codes.
But should we totally ban buyers from such areas ? Some buyers from such locations are good and willing to wait but some do not understand the practical facts.
But ebay is aware of it.

Late Delivery of Item :
Seller can only ship the item fast but there is no control on delivery OR delivery time due to various reason. Seller do not have any control on deliver time.
Why ebay put this unjustified condition. While using ebay powership, we observed several times, item was handed over to courier people but updated in system after 3-4 days.
Even currently Aramex people are returning COD items after 10-15 days. They even do not try to deliver it to buyer but returned saying buyer refused.
For this point, Ebay should count the time when the item is handed over to courier.

We are unable to understand why feedback revision requests have limits ?
Due to various reason, buyer may give negative feedback in hesitation. If a seller is able to workout with buyer and now buyer is satisfied and want to change seller rating, why ebay is not allowing it ?
This is nothing but an unfair policy.

Seller resolution :

Calling on ebay tollfree requires hours long waiting.

Ebay is not improving it since years and putting unjustified conditions on sellers.

I am selling on ebay since more then 10 years but since last year, I never see any of my complaint solved by ebay. I do not know the reason : they lack staff or intention ?

Message 12 of 108
latest reply

Hello,

The new Standard based on "Late Delivery of Item" is not at all correct.

Now in the new dashboard I can see many of my transactions are marked as "Carrier says late delivery".

All these transactionsI shipped within 1 business day as mentioned in my item handling time.

Please let me know as a Seller how I am responsible for this defect.

The standard based on "Late Shipment" is correct, but not on "Late Delivery of Item" .

The title in the document says "Late Shipment" but you are evaluating on "Late Delivery of Item" which is not correct

If the rating on "Late Delivery of Item" is not removed, many sellers will get very low rating in "Late Shipment rate" for which Seller is not responsible.

Message 13 of 108
latest reply

Late shipment rate :

The above feature does not justify at all because seller does not have control over the courier.

Lets take an example : In my case i have shipped item within 24 hours using ebay powership means handed over to courier before 24hour.

Problem starts now : 

Courier like Aramex is not updating status even after picking up the item. it takes 3-4 days sometime.

Somehow item delivery gets delayed because of misroute or any other problem by courier then its also counted for late delivery.That's not fair at all to sellers.

This feature is not justified and transaperent at all for sellers.

Message 14 of 108
latest reply

Hello

With reference to changes it says that seller cancelled orders would be treated as "defect" Now there are 2 genuine cases-

1.) Sometimes buyer ask to cancel the order themselves after payment.

2.) In certain cases buyer is from remote area and pincode is not servicable.

These 2 cases should not be counted as defect.

Message 15 of 108
latest reply

Hi Ebay India Team. 

new policy is good except one point i.e. Late Shipment rate. All of Sudden I see 16% of mine tx had late shipment rate. What is this?

when i click Get Full Report. I find all of them are non - Powership Order and shipped within a day but not confirmed by Buyer. It has been treated as confirmed. Why the Seller will take heat on buyer Laziness? It's Buyer responsibility to confirm non-PS order. Please remove NON - PS order to measure Late Shipping rate . It's gonna kill Seller for buyer Mistake. 

Expert - Advice.

Regards

Message 16 of 108
latest reply

If customer files ebay guarantee claim, without having any discussion with the seller, and this case is rejected by ebay, will it be counted as defect ?

OR

in above case, if seller decides to refund without any delay, will it be counted as defect ?

OR

If seller replaces the item and then case is closed, will it be counted as defect ?

Please clarify in detail, what will be considered as defect.
Message 17 of 108
latest reply

Its seems ok but I have just checked my Late shipping error is about 9.55% and total 22 transection.
Out of which 14 order by powership and 8 self shipped.
Out of 14 powership order 10 I have got fast shipping discount.
Also rest 8 self shipping order 2 shipped same day and 4 next day.

Now I have a question with EBay was its right that it should impact Seller rating.

Also now the defect error is just .5% and .3%
While knowing the Indian buyer its not possible for any Seller.

Please work for both policy or if you think I have mentioned wrong details please call me on 8955589977
Message 18 of 108
latest reply

Hello
As a seller on ebay , i am dealing with mobile accessories and i have only one problem witn " claim department " customer open the claim and claim department never call to seller, product value under 750/- they just call to buyer and issue the refund , customer get product + money,
Who see that buyer is really having problem with product or not ???
Atleast we should received our product..
If you not changes the claim policies then we cant sell our products with ebay
We are dealing with other e-commerce sites
Other e-commerce sites they pickup the product from customer place and they charge the courier charges..
I think all sellers are agree with this suggestion
Its my request plz do the changes in claims.
Hope so we will get positive respond from ebay
Thank you
Message 19 of 108
latest reply

Last month, I got fast ship discount on 97.8% orders.
But my current "Late Shipment Rate" is 12%
Transaction defect rate is showing 0.80% but when see details, there is no such transaction.

Ebay surely has some hidden agenda.
Message 20 of 108
latest reply