cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New PaisaPay : Sellers Post your Views Please !!!

Hi Co-Sellers,

On 7th February Mr. Rajan Mehra, Country Manager, eBay India had arranged an Open House discussion on buying and selling on eBay India. Most of the sellers posted their concerns and got a reply from him.

New PaisaPay is a big issue for sellers and there should be some immediate ammendments required. I request our co-sellers to post their views regarding the issues.

Mr. Rajan Mehra has already mentioned that they are working on it to makes some changes in the New PaisaPay system. He has assured for some changes as follows:

1. We will be increasing the Shipping timelines for categories which require customization (a request from many of the sellers who make-to-order).

2. We will be reviewing the Express Remittance criteria to ensure more good sellers are eligible for Express Remittance.

3. We will shortly be announcing a new PaisaPay Seller Protection Program to ensure that our sellers are protected from any potential misuse by buyers.

4. We are also currently evaluating the option of further increasing delivery timelines for international shipments.

You can review the comments here http://forums.ebay.in/thread.jspa?threadID=500002089&tstart=0&mod=1202831020796

As per his assurance I would like to have the following changes made for international transactions:

Change in the Despatch Timeline from 10 days to 15 days. Some of the items which have to be customised as per the buyers need requires sufficient time for making it.

Extension Request for Despatch : No change

Change in Delivery Timeline from 21 days to 35 days.

Extension Request for Delivery from 8 days to 15 days.

The above change is requested because no courier other than India Post carries jewellery and the buyer prefers shipping method by Registered Airmail which takes 3-4 weeks for normal delivery and if the shipment is delayed, misplaced or held in customs then it takes 5-7 weeks.

I request our co-sellers to post their views too, so that upon sellers proposal (I know they will not care) New PaisaPay Team will make necessary changes to make PaisaPay No. 1 Payment Gateway in the world.

Regards,

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

posting.id.in
Community Member
Hello,

Let me play the devil's advocate as usual.

1) Seller want to save on listing fees by listing internationally from the .in site but do not want to be bound by its rules. Guys simply list from those sites where you can generate the most numbers of orders and not offer PaisaPay.

2) In todays domestic online market, other sites are gearing up for 3 days dispatch and 7 days delivery and we still want extention of more than 17 days? Some are offering delivery within 48 hours and even on weekends.

3) Customisation? What customisation? I do not beleive there is any product which is sold on ebay.in which cannot be manufactured in 5 days. Tailors offer express stitching in 24/48 hours for suits. Hotels offer same day laundry for it guests. Photolabs offer 1 hour delivery. Many customised item sellers are shipping within 3 days. No one is going to wait for months for a product to be delivered.

4) Express remittance should not be given to any seller. It only creates a un level playing field. All sites are gearing up for paying its sellers only after delivery. Ebay should also do away with this express remittance at the earliest.

------
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

coolbrasco
Community Member
Dear skygiftworldwide,

Thanks for posting this important information.

The proposed changes are great !!! the changes are little bit promising.

I HAVE ANOTHER REQUEST, PLEASE INCLUDE HERE......

SELLER SHIPPING TIME : Why not allow sellers to set Shipping/Delivery time ?. For example i need 20 days for delivery. If a buyer agrees for my condition let him buy, if he need urgently let him not buy ?.

REFUND INITIATION : IN CASE IF WE MISSED TO ENTER SHIPPING DETAILS ON LAST DAY, NEW PAISAPAY SHOULD NOT INITIATE REFUND AUTOMATICALLY, IT SHOULD WAIT FOR FURTHER 24 HOURS, IF NO RESPONSE FROM SELLER, SHOULD INITIATE. IN CASE IF SELLER SENDS SHIPPING CODE, DETAILS PAISAPAY SHOULD ACCEPT IT. EVERY HUMAN BEING MAKES MISTAKES AND SHOULD BE GIVEN A CHANCE. AT PRESENT METHOD, IN CASE I YOU DON'T ENTER SHIPPING CODE, NEXT DAY YOU HAVE SHOCK IN MORNING AND GO AND BEG FROM THE BUYER. BUYER THINKS THIS IS GOOD CHANCE TO GET MONEY AND ITEM TOGETHER, I CAN SEE THEIR HANDS ARE ITCHING TO GET THE REFUND & ITEM !!!. SO ALLOW US TO ENTER SHIPPING DETAILS 24 HOURS AFTER LAST DAY. FOR EXAMPLE LAST SATURDAY I WAS ABOUT TO BACK HOME BY 11:00 PM FROM A PERSONAL TRIP TO ENTER SHIPPING DETAILS FOR THE LAST DAY, I COULD NOT REACH HOME DUE TO TRAFFIC AND PAISAPAY SHOCKED ME BY INITIATING REFUND.

I have been against New PaisaPay from beginning, many sellers does not know the dangers of new PaisaPay and now suffering, it is too late and all sellers waked up finally. I was the only one who shown strong protest against New PaisaPay, you can read my first post when New PaisaPay announced.

Kind regards,
CoolBrasCo.
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

emailswarup
Community Member
Hi,

For shipping, a buyer can opt for various modes of shipping with different costs

a. SpeedPost / courier
b. Registered Post
c. Others

For each of those the delivery times varies. That is why I had suggested in the post of chat with Mr. Rajan Mehra to let the seller mention the max. delivery time in a specified field while listing. coolbrasco has suggested a similar option.

Lastly, I often receive items from overseas sellers and rarely it srrives within 21 days. .
Best Regards ๐Ÿ˜„
Swarup
Kolkata

Best Regards ๐Ÿ˜„
Swarup
Kolkata

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

emailswarup
Community Member
Hi Posting ID,

All Express services have an associated price tag. If a buyer opts for SpeedPost / courier then the buyer deserves fastest delivery but those opting for cheaper alternative should not get the items free of cost by taking back the money by clicking items not received after 21 days where the seller mentions the delivery period as 6 weeks in the listing. After all you do not pay the same amount when you travel by a local train , an Express train and a super fast train.

You have suggested others to offer international listings thru ebay.com or other sites. Then what is the utility in keeping the international listing operation alive in ebay.in

Its better not to by-pass the problems and mistakes but to learn from the errors and rectify those at the earliest. .
Best Regards ๐Ÿ˜„
Swarup
Kolkata

Best Regards ๐Ÿ˜„
Swarup
Kolkata

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Hi Swarup,

I have read your concern in Mr. Rajan Mehra's discussions. You are correct regarding Shipping Methods.

I had listed some of the items with 2 Shipping Methods for international buyers with different shipping costs. But I found that in the search results the highest shipping charge is reflected and a buyer thinks the shipping charge is for the normal mail as a result they refuse to even check out the listing.

Afterwards, I found that due to alphabetical appearance of Shipping Methods this is happening. International Expedited comes on top of International Standard. This had a negative effect in all my listings and there was no sale during that period. So, I withdrew International Expedited option from all my listings.

Regards,

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

emailswarup
Community Member
Hi,

You need not to withdraw expedited shipping for this problem. When you list, in the 1st option, choose the Standard shipping and put its cost. In the 2nd option choose the expedited shipping and put its cost. For listing display, ebay will display the standard shipping costs. If someone wants expedited shipping then the buyer can use that option in the Invoice, according to your listing.:-D .
Best Regards ๐Ÿ˜„
Swarup
Kolkata

Best Regards ๐Ÿ˜„
Swarup
Kolkata

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

yash@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear skygiftworldwide and others

Thanks for post and sharing your views.

I am closely working with our teams on both Express Remittance and in evaluating the timelines for International Shipments

When we go down the path of increasing timelines we also need to keep in mind the impact it would have on sellers who are okay with the current timelines. An increase may also translate in the increase of timelines for receipt of payments from PaisaPay( non Express Remittance Sellers)

In a week to 10 days we are expecting some changes to the Express Remittance criteria Regards

Yash
Regards

Yash
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Hi Yash,

Thank you for your consideration on these issues and posting the info on changes that will take soon.

We suggest you to give an option for Timelines considering the type of shipment the buyer chooses for International Shipment. For Registered Airmails it should be 35 days and for Courier Services (or EMS) it should be 21 days. This will be beneficial for all types of sellers.

Best Regards,

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Hi Yash Saheb,
You know where it pinches. Do something fast please. From Germany to Kolkata it takes 2+ months. From Kolkata to Germany it takes 7 days. Again from Kolkata to Italy may take 2 months.
You must show patience before you start refund procedure. Forget about expedited mail. Nobody will pay that except saree buyers.
This site has become very favourable for sareewalas and cellphonewalas.
Think of us also please. It has become difficult to work with dignity.
Thanx,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 10 of 11
latest reply