cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negative Feedback removed, Claim rejected and NO compensation for the inconvenience

Ebay India,

The item ordered was not shipped withing the timelines offerred by the seller and I had left a negative feedback and initiated claim request. After watching the negative feedback the seller woke up from his sleep and contacted me first time after 13 days of placing the order, only to claim that he was trying to contact me but my number was unavailable (sheer lie).

The next day I found an email confirming that the item is finally being shipped but until then it was of no use to me, as I was supposed to gift that item to someone who had already left out of station. To my surprise, I found my negative feedback left for the seller REMOVED without my knowledge. There was no communication from Ebay citing reason for removal. I understand this is how the Feedback is manipulated for certain Sellers.

A few days later, my claim was rejected citing the reason that the item was delivered (after 20 days). Again this is contrary to the Ebay Gurantee which promises 100% satisfaction for full refund. When I contacted Ebay over phone, I was given an excuse that that as the shipment was delayed by Powership (Ebay partner-BlueDart in this case) and not by seller, hence seller is not at fault to receive negative feedback.

If I agree to this, what about the inconvenience caused due to the delay. The Item delivered late is of no use to me as it was supposed to be gifted to someone who could not receive it because of the delay.

Loosing faith in customer service department of Ebay.

PaisaPay ID

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: Negative Feedback removed, Claim rejected and NO compensation for the inconvenience

Answering your questions:

Did you buy the item from the Seller Directly?

Bought from Ebay on the basis of Marketing Ad posted by the Seller.

Did your money go to the Sellers bank account instantly?

Seller is the biggest beneficiary sooner or later.

Is the Seller selling on his own policies?

No he is not and I have no complains with that with any Seller. It is Ebay India at fault when it comes to laying down policies that are customer centric. Unfortunately, it seems to me that the sellers are heard more than the customers in Ebay aas they can can manage to get the policies changed in their favour.

Is this the sellers platform?

If they could brand themselves, why would they sell on Ebay?

Is the courier company owned by the seller?

Is the local courier comany courier boy working for seller?

Whether you tie up with someone, start your own or outsourse the courier service to anyone, should that let the customer suffer for the inconvenience? If Seller/Ebay cannot handle the courier service, why are they making online sale?

Did the seller charge you high price for the item you purchased?

No

Did you contact Seller to inform him of your urgency before placing order?

No. I expected he will honour the dates committed by him

I have nothing against the seller individually. It is against the Policy of Ebay which I am against. In case of Powership, if the courier company does not ship the item within the specified timelines, then as per Ebay Gurantee, the money should have been refunded instead of sending the delayed courier. There should have been a section to put feedback on the delivery of items sent through Powership!! so that the customers are better informed.

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

Re: Negative Feedback removed, Claim rejected and NO compensation for the inconvenience

whether the delay is by seller, courier, it is the responsibility of ebay to obey if the customer wants a refund
Message 12 of 15
latest reply

devbhola
Community Member

Great thread. I am getting the same issue with my order. The best part here is that ebay India took 4 days just to process my payment. The money went out instantly, but I had to wait 4 days for the order to get completed. The order was placed on 13th and now the delivary date commited is 29th. 

1relmart - In case you have not noticed, there are better online platforms than ebay. I have never had this bizzare issue with any other vendor. Ebay should be customer centric and looking at your attitude, I get the point. Gone are the days when you can call customers Sitting Ducks, there are better places to shop from. 

Any yeah we are paying for the item, any sellwer is not doing any favor by shipping the item out. 

Ebay, shape up, clean the scum or ship out...

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

PHYSICAL STORES exists only because some peolpe are looking for 100% perfection.

for REST THERE IS ALWAYS A HAPPY ONLINE SHOPPING.

REGARDS

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

True.., eBay is a chor company
Message 15 of 15
latest reply