Need clarification on Keyword spamming

greentab
Community Member
My account was recently suspended for 3 days for keyword spamming. I was pretty new to ebay and offcourse have taken tutorials and gone through the policies but i couldnt really go or agree with what the ebay reps reply to my concern on keyword spamming.

Firstly, The keyword spamming policy talks only about Title and description and does not talk about sub title anywhere.

In one of my product listing i mentioned in subtitle as "Come with a container worth 1000 rs" however ebay considered that as keyword spaming....

The executive explained to me that meaning of title and subtitle is same, however in english dictionary they have 2 different meanings and it is very unfair to ask the customer to assume something and then penalize the seller for not "assuming" correctly with no warning or informing the seller....

Also i had sent a mail 3 times asking for proper explanation but the ebay rep replies with same copy paste mails and no specific answers to my question about sub title not existing in the policy and they did not reply to my mail the 3rd time and when i went on the chat helpline the rep said very bluntly we have already answered your question. I was surprised about their ability to be be so blunt and not taking any responsibility from their side. What do you guys suggest, i should do?

Regards,
Subash.K
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

There's no use arguing with customer care on ebay. They are a bunch of brainless persons sitting there who won't even read your full message and copy and paste a reply which seems to tally to some of your words of the email that you might have written.
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

greentab
Community Member
I guess something needs to be done!!!! because where there is money involved everything has to be clear and precise.....

An example, when we have a cup of coffee in a takeaway in cafe coffee day, the paper mug reads... "the drink you are about to enjoy is extremely hot"...

obviously hot coffee is hot isnt it.... thats what i mean precise and clear policy!!!!

One thing for sure... Ebay takes sellers for granted!!! they are never ready to accept any mistake and pass the bucks to the opposition!!!

Thanks oceankorol for your rsponse.. appreciate it!!!
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

dudepranay
Community Member
From my point of view TITLE N SUBTITLE IS SAME on ebay. DEAR "greentab"
If you think from their point of view you will see.
WHY THEY PLACE SUBTITLE IN THE LISTING?
Coz the space of title is short. People use subtitle to add additional character.
So I suggest you not to write the same keywords you use already with TITLE. N don't use irrelevant keywords.
SUBTITLE ON EBAY N DICTIONARY?
dictionary subtile is for knowledge n education.
ebay's subtile is for listing n business. they are not for knowledge nor education. they use their own dictionary. You can only understand that by experience only.
Take ebay as a cummunity' where group of sellers n buyers are member. They have their own rules n regulations. They have their own policies too? If you don't follow them then you can walkout, or they force you out. You can't fight with them.
So, take your own target

Thanks
Pranay
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

greentab
Community Member
Thanks pranay for making that point. I do understand your point and agree to you and infact you are right. However my point is before becoming a seller on ebay, we are just normal men and i do agree that i have to understand by experience but ebay has to educate the normal men in clear terms and if they do not educate, they should not penalize instead give a feedback as you know we spend in thousands every month to paisapay & listing fees for which they have to do some justice by educating us....

And you did make a point that they have their own policies and dictionary is different. if thats the case then the point has to be made crystal clear....

But thanks for dropping a comment. it gives a buck up for me to see fellow members helping out eachother understand the process and procedures better....

Thanks,
Subash
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

dudepranay
Community Member
Dear Greentab,

ebay is a US based company. in US ebay don't hav a toll-free customer care no. Nether paypal has. Pleople over there find it very difficult to contact them coz they have less customer care executives. N do u know the money they earn from india is not more than a penny as compared to money they earned from US. If they ask a credit card on file before seller's registration in india very few pleople will join ebay. U will also see less fraud cases if they do that. I have told you only 5% of what they have done. Still there are 75%. That you discover later when you get involved in ebay business.

Another important thing is you will find very less sellers who contribute their business experience or ebay knowledge. coz competetion is very high in india. They have trade secrets that they will never share.

Now you tell me how much service they are giving to indian people.

N if you feel that they need to educate us every details.
Now you tell me how they do that. "their way of teaching to seller is the hard one" they will put seller's account on hold, they will suspend seller" its their way of teaching. I hardcore determine seller again open another account on ebay. Its very easy to get them suspended again. coz ebay have that technology but they don't do that they give another chance.

DO U WANT TO LEARN IT THAT WAY?
No one wants to learn it that way.

Now if you want to learn how to work on ebay, Learn from the POWER SELLERS- How they r doing, just try to follow them. engage in this community discussions, These are the only way to learn. N THIS IS THE BEST WAY-

N never relay on ebay.in customer care, they r puppets, I think the cs know not more than i know. coz they know the 70% theory, We sellers on ebay knows 80% theory n 80% practical.

Your feedback makes me feel good, Its effort well spent/recognized to me. I feel good.

Best of luck
Pranay
Message 6 of 6
latest reply