cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Major FLAW in payment process of eBay

aneeskm
Community Member

Major flaw in payment process of eBay

I was a regular buyer from eBay and had to stop the same as I became victim of a flaw in your payment process.

I purchased a barbeque from eBay on 9th October and Seller updated the courier details with a fake consignment number. But when I called him he told that he will not ship the item and asked me to initiate a refund. I did so but was rejected as the item is not shipped and I cannot initiate refund before I receive the item. Later eBay initiated an auto refund as shipment is not delivered. But later put Refund on hold because of this fake consignment no. seller updated. Since my previous refund request was rejected for this item I have no option to request again.

Since then, more than a month now, I keep calling service and they agree that the item is not shipped and that consiignment number is invalid and confirm that the refund will be given in 24-48 hours and its more than one month now. They keep giving new service number and the latest service no is 1-38621108702.

SO IF THE SELLER PUT A FAKE CONSIGNMENT NUMBER YOU NEED TO STRUGGLE FOR MONTHS TO GET (STILL STRUGGLING) TO GET REFUND. WILL NOT LEAVE THIS TILL I GET THE AMOUNT BACK WITH INTEREST.

SHAME ON YOU EBAY TO HAVE THESE KIND OF FLAW IN HANDLING CUTOMERS MONEY IRRESPOSIVELY.

This is the response I got when contacted through facebook

"Dear Anees, We are glad to inform you that we have processed your refund on 04-Nov- 2014. Please note that it takes at least 6 - 8 working days for the amount to reflect in your account.
In case if you haven't received it within the stipulated time we would request you to send us your bank statement from the date of transaction till date on paisapaydocs@ebay.com. Our team will co-ordinate with the bank regarding the same and update you via email."

A victim of this flaw.

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Major FLAW in payment process of eBay

Hi All,

On 1st of Dec I was determined that I need to get a solution and had a call which lasted for for more than 2 hours with the customer care. Usually they never connect to the escalation department. I told I will wait even for a day and they repeatedly put me on hold and told they are still busy. I repeated that I will wait. Then they connected to escalation department. They also continued the same kind of dialogue. I was very clear that unless I get a mail on the date I get the approval I am not going to disconnect the call. At last they sent me a mail ststing in 4 days I will get the refund approved. After I got the mail I disconnected and

TODAY I GOT THE REFUND.

Regards/Anees

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Re: Major FLAW in payment process of eBay

From the Messages of ANEESKM.,all the above in clear terms convey that ebay is not trust worthy. Don't loose your sleep by placing order on ebay. You will suffer miserably. Ebay India is just a sham they are scansters. Ebay india allow sellers to enjoy and customers to suffer.

YOUR ARE AT RISK BEWARE..NEVER BUY FROM EBAY INDIA

I will write my story of ebay agony shortly, as i am going through the same process as of ANEESKM

BOTTOMLINE : take risk of buying at EBAY INDIA and suffer endlessly in the followup with dirty customer care associates/supervisors

Message 12 of 12
latest reply