cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long range walkie talkie freely available on ebay.in ?????????

cosycom
Community Member
Dear Trust and Safety, I am surprised to see many sellers offering high tech long range Walkie Talkies
on ebay.in .
Is it legal to sell or Buy these items so easily which can be potentially used by antisocial elements and terrorist ?????

Is your Trust and Safty team sleeping or knowingly ignoring this. These items are being openly offered for sale since last many months.
Hope ebay will understand my concern and take urgent action before it is too late.
To know the sellers just type walkie talkie in your search window.

Thanks
Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

cosycom
Community Member
Perheps I was wrong to question about presence of these listings Since eBay India has created a special category for listing Walkie Talkie in Electronic gadgets category .

But why these items are also in your Banned Items list as well ??????????????????.

I hope eBay.in Trust & Safty has taken necessary permissions from concerned regulatory Govt.agencies .

Regards
Message 2 of 15
latest reply

cosycom
Community Member
Dear Indraneel / Trust & Safty, I am still curious to know from eBay that whether sale and purchase of walkie talkies is allowed in India to common man without any licence .

Regards
Message 3 of 15
latest reply

indraneel@ebay.com
Community Member
Hello Narinder (cosycom),

We have checked with the Trust & Safety team and we can confirm that Walkie Talkies are currently allowed on the site.

We understand the concern which you've shown towards the legal usage of these items and we have reported the same to our Legal team who are working towards it and we'll keep the community updated on the same.

Regards,
Indraneel
Message 4 of 15
latest reply

trust.deals
Community Member
hi! indraneel.

Walkie Talkies are allowed on the site.

But high range walkie talkies which are professional are not allowed to be sold without a license.

Even i use to sell it during BaaZee time, but now i have stopped it as i realized that the high range walkie talkies sold without a license is illegal.

regards
Message 5 of 15
latest reply

cosycom
Community Member
Any idea what is the maximum range allowed presently without a licence .Earlier it used to be a few meters only .Even the CB radios transevers require licence .

look like eBay T&S has no answer to confirm this ???

Narinder
Message 6 of 15
latest reply

snrama
Community Member
Hi,

Selling correct range Walkie Talkies is not illegal. As per my knowledge the range is around 100 Mtr. ---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) 😉
---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) 😉
Message 7 of 15
latest reply

grabdeals_in1
Community Member
Hight range walkie takie is not allowed at all without proper license/verfication .Its illegal.
You can talk to some Higher police officier to know more about this.
Message 8 of 15
latest reply

what about FRS radios? upto 2 mile range and no licence required?
Message 9 of 15
latest reply

Dear brother ,
CB tranceivers are banned not only in india but almost all developing nations , as as walkie -talkies sale is concerned .ITS LEGAL TO SALE IN EBAY INDIA PROVIDED
1) WALKIE TALKIE FREQUENCY RANGE IS UHF/FM
2) WALKIE TALKIE RF POWER SHOULD NOT BE GREATER THAN 5 WATT ( EVEN ILLEGAL IN USA +5W UNLICENCED RF DEVICE.
3) WALKIE TALKIE SHOULD NOT BE HAVING VHF RANGE AS VHF FREQUENCY IS USE FOR GOVT ONLY ..EBAY INDIA BANNS CB TRANCEIVERS , SURVELLIANCE SYSTEMS , A TERROSRIST WILL NEVER USES WALKIE TALKIE , ITS SO EASY TO INTERCEPT BECAUSE OF ANALOGUE AUDIO TRANMISSION EVEN A STD 9TH STUDENT CAN MAKE RECEIVER TO INTERCEPT WALKIE TALKIE SIGNALS .. WELL SATELLITE PHONE IS BANNED IN INDIA & ITS SOLD IN EBAY INDIA ..TRUST & SAFETY SHOULD LOOK AFTER THIS , SATELLIATE PHONE IS MOST PREFERRED DEVICE FOR TERRORISTS I THINK RATHER THAN 20 KMS WALKIE TALKIES .
Message 10 of 15
latest reply