Listing pulled down for wrong reasons

techniwas
Community Member
Recently a couple of my listings have been pulled down for displaying contact info (email) in the description.

However the listings were displaying the PaisaPay Safe Buying banners

Looks like the TnS doesn't get enough sleep if they don't trouble genuine sellers...

Although i have stopped posting on the community, i wont be surprised if even this post is deleted just like my last post which highlights eBay's dark side...

TechiE
Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

techniwas
Community Member
Just to revisit the policy pertaining this matter:

http://www2.ebay.com/aw/in/200710.shtml#2007-10-05160507

"In listings uploaded after 00:00 AM IST on 1st November 2007, sellers may include their contact details (email address, phone number etc) in the item description. Sellers who choose to include their contact details in the item description must compulsorily include the "Safe Buying" banner provided by eBay. Click here for the "Safe Buying" banner."

TechiE
Message 2 of 12
latest reply

emailswarup
Community Member
Hi,

Often listings are canceled for wrong reasons where as listings with intent of fraud are on despite reporting. Hope the eBay personnel canceling the listings will have better understanding of the eBay rules and updates. .
Best Regards ๐Ÿ˜„
Swarup
Kolkata

Best Regards ๐Ÿ˜„
Swarup
Kolkata

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

mumbaistores
Community Member
Recently my listing was cancelled with a reason as Trademark Violation. All i was selling is a chinese phone which had no representation with any branded phones. Ebay pls dont play with our emotions. I am now made to undertake a tutorial for this policy. Very soon they will do another such mistake and permanently suspend a honest seller.

If higher ups on ebay are listening, pls investigate as this is not how you treat your sellers. If required i am ready to provide any documents, proofs that there was no trademark violations done.

If ebay pinks are reading i request to help
Message 4 of 12
latest reply

indraneel@ebay.com
Community Member
Hello Kamlesh (techniwas),

Thank you for highlighting this issue. I've asked the concerned team to look into this and we'll surely update this thread at the earliest.

I encourage you to keep posting on the community boards and provide inputs and suggestions or express concerns and issues so that we can serve the community better and provide a great eBay experience ๐Ÿ™‚

Keep posting!

Regards,
Indraneel
Message 5 of 12
latest reply

adit999
Community Member
Hello everyone,
Even I have been facing this problem with eBay pulling down my listing for a silly reason and then suspending all my selling activity for 9-10 days.
I am selling only branded products and the companies have the same description on their website. I don't understand what eBay wants to do here.
Regards,
Adit.
Message 6 of 12
latest reply

mumbaistores
Community Member
adit999,

Based on your query i understand that the only reason to pull down your listing is that you are copying manufacturer description which is against copyright violation.

You can only copy specifications. Please make your own descriptions and you will not face any issues.

Thanks,
Mumbaistores
Message 7 of 12
latest reply

techniwas
Community Member
Hi,

I received a mail from the TnS confirming that the listings were wrongly pulled down and the incident won't be held against my account.

TechiE
Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Hi Indraneel,
Why not alert seller before you pull down??
Thanx,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 9 of 12
latest reply

adit999
Community Member
How can it be called copying when I am a authorized distributor for India and I am the sole person importing that branded product in India ??
And how can eBay judge whether the company thinks it is a violation.
For eg. Original Apple iPod USB Power adapter. Apple also uses this same title so you mean to say I cannot list it the same way ??
Kindly enlighten on this issue please.
Regards.
Message 10 of 12
latest reply