cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Is there a way to block zero rated buyer?

I am presently flooded with zero rated buyers who just bid probably for fun and do not pay. This increases unnecessary work load and item can be relisted only after observing unpaid item and a minimum delay of nine to ten days. Is there a way to block zero rated buyer from bid/buy?
Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

vkrm2000
Community Member
@ soma33123

The problem may occur not only from zero rated buyers. If the zero rated buyers are blocked, it will be a discrimination.

I would like to make some suggestions to improve the bidding procedure so that it will be more serious/realistic/effective

1) If the bidding amount is Rs 1.00 - 250.00, the bidder has to pay full amount while participating in bidding.
2) If the amount is Rs 251.00 - 500.00, he has to pay 50% as advance.
3) If the amount is Rs 501.00 - 1000.00, he has to pay 25% as advance.
4) If the amount is >Rs 1000.00, he has to pay 10% as advance.

IF THE BIDDER WINS, HE HAS TO PAY THE REMAINING AMOUNT. IF HE OUTBID,,,,, eBay SHOULD IMMEDIATELY GIVE DISCOUNT COUPON TO THE AMOUNT HE PAID AS ADVANCE.

IF THE WINNING BIDDER DOES'T PAY THE REMAINING AMOUNT IN STIPULATED TIME, HIS ADVANCE AMOUNT SHOULD GO TO THE ITEM LISTING SELLER.

Regards
VKRM2000
Message 11 of 17
latest reply

It will be highly unjustified to ban all the zero feedback score buyers.We all should remember that everyone of us had this zero Feedback score when we started.I have dealt with many zero FB score buyers with pleasure.All are not same except a few.I feel ebay should have a system check for such immoral people like the way vkrm2000 suggested.One way to get rid of them is cancel their bid before the item ends.But you have to give a valid reason every time you cancel some one's bid which is recorded in the system.I have a similar suggestions to offer hoping that these will be implemented by ebay someday.Today ebay registration is free.This is the real problem.Anybody can register free and start bidding.When their play is over they simply unregister and run away.When we try to catch them and try to report to ebay.Ebay ๐Ÿ˜„ smilingly announces that this member is no longer registered with us.Now the result,item does not sale and final value fee gets blocked for at least 15 days. Then you have to go to resolution center to cancel the transaction and wait for the mercy of such immoral buyers."Mercy" I mentioned because if the buyer declines the cancellation, your final value fees won't be returned.This whole problem can be avoided if ebay introduces a nominal registration fee or security deposit of say Rs1000 till a member achives feedback score of 50 with positive FB rating of 100%.After this, security amount will be adjusted against his ebay bills or may be refunded by ebay.Bidding limit for such buyers will limited to Rs 1000 only till that period.
regards
Message 12 of 17
latest reply

ratnachhaya
Community Member
If you block ZERO feedback buyer from buying means no new buyer will be able to move on to build his reputation.
BUT, just as any shop or bank or establishment require basic document and fill payment in advance till you become their regular trusted client, eBay need to make a mandatory registration with bank account/proof of residence and some advance amount based on bid. It could be as less as 10% which in event of non payment will be given to seller.

Many MNC charge restocking fee if you return product. It is almost same for the hassle seller go thru.

This process automatically filter bad from good and seller will be open to serve every buyer irrespective his feedback or repute as member.

It is win win for all including eBay.
Message 13 of 17
latest reply

ratnachhaya
Community Member
I guess eBay needs to change TAG line.

It should be FAIR PLACE TO BUY/SELL than SAFER.

If there is any reason eBay exist is "sellers" and due to inventry and diverse products from seller "buyer" drop in.

It should be fair to both these community. Fair means the basic assurance of FAir business ethics are maintained. Since we pay them to do that, it is responsibility of eBay to do it in a open way.

Adding a small security deposit to your account is no way something very difficult to implement and justify.

Paypal is in this way a very cool and affirmative. They have so may basic applied that you feel safe as seller and buyer every time.
Message 14 of 17
latest reply

andygandhi2000
Community Member
Dear Friend,

It is impossible to block buyers with zero feedback, because everyone starts with zero. Yes you can block someone who have received negative feedback or has the history of unpaid items. You can chat with eBay customer support and find out how you can do it.

Thanks.

Andy.
Message 15 of 17
latest reply

andygandhi2000
Community Member
Dear Friend,

It is impossible to block buyers with zero feedback, because everyone starts with zero. Yes you can block someone who have received negative feedback or has the history of unpaid items. You can chat with eBay customer support and find out how you can do it.

Thanks.

Andy.
Message 16 of 17
latest reply

safiphilatelists2010
Community Member
Thanks 'assemblerz' for your suggestion, it really works!

Also seems to be the best way to be as safe and secure as possible.

Also, I agree with what rajelectroniks shared above. Better to accept only Paisapay, it avoids many undesirable buyers and situations.
Message 17 of 17
latest reply