Is DTDC a Nightmare for e-bay

soujannya31
Community Member
I'd ordered 2 items in a row from e-bay. A shoe and an MP3 player. Both the sellers were quik to send the items. However I received none of them. As in both the cases my courier was DTDC. We cannot say my local DTDC is a problem as the delivery address for both the products were different. when i tried calling DTDC Apex in Delhi, the lady on the phone was as lousy as their service. So no resolution came up. The result was a loss for both seller and me. Can we(sellers and consumers) drive a joint movement against DTDC? Also is e-bay listening?
Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

rajibr2006
Community Member
Seems, the quality of DTDC service is going down. After waiting for 9 days for a courier to reach to me in Kolkata from Bijnor, I saw the status of the courier Z91460357 as 'receiver shifted'. When I send them a mail, they called up to say that person who used to deliver earlier in that area has moved out of the company and the new person does not know that area very well and they asked me to collect the courier. I refused, since the money is paid for door to door delivery and at the same time, when a company does not show its escalation matrix in the website, it is simple that they do not have any confidence on their own quality any more. At least, as I buyer I would not like to have dtdc as a courier option from the seller any more.
Message 11 of 19
latest reply

rk.khushu
Community Member
eBay is hand in glouse with DTDC for its unfair trade practice. Let's not jump to conclusion that DTDC is at fault. I am sure eBay & DTDC have some internal SLA where customers are provided with the fake shipment details containing Airway Bill No., date of shipment etc. etc.

I have experienced it personally and very recently. A light reading of my post will give you fair idea about the unfair trade practice of eBay India.

eBay India is a BIG NO NO.
Message 12 of 19
latest reply

DTDC is a worst courier service I have ever seen..**bleep** u DTDC..
Message 13 of 19
latest reply

I had a similar discouraging experience with DTDC.

I am a buyer from a small town, I checked my area code on thier website and it was listed as 'servicable' so the seller shipped the item **bleep** 12 days later I received a phone call from DTDC saying that they can not deliver the item at my door and requested me to collect it from thier nearest office in another city 14Km away. It was a huge inconvenience **bleep** I continued to use thier extremely slow service for the lack of another option (most sellers refuse to ship via Speed post / registered post).

With my most recent order however they crossed all limits of unprofessionalism. Seller shipped the item **bleep** I did not receive it. However to my surprise on the 15th day I received an e-mail and sms confirmation from e-bay that my order was 'delivered'. I checked on DTDC website and sure enough my order was marked as 'delivered' I contacted the nearest DTDC office and inquired them about the order of which they refused any knowledge.

I tried to contact DTDC via e-mail and phone **bleep** received no reply to either so now here I am, I did not receive my shipment **bleep** I also do not qualify for a refund from e-bay, the seller also does not qualify for any insurance claim because supposedly I have already received the order.

So this is how DTDC played the ball, they most probably misplaced the parcel or one of thier employees stole it and to waive any liability my order was falsely marded as delivered and case closed. At the end of the day I lost my money and lost my order.

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

I am a seller on here and have been in such situation. You can ask for a Proof Of Delivery, I have POD of all my consignment. 

Message 15 of 19
latest reply

I had exactly SAME experience with ebay and DTDC combination.Item ordered in ebay was NOT deilvered to my address and DTDC tracking shows it is delivered.ebay claim rejected based on DTDC data. ebay DON`T beleive their customers. I have escalted to DTDC corporate, response from BOTH DTDC and ebay have been POOR so far.

ebay is NOT WILLING to investigate the TRUTH, they are want me to run behind DTDC. When we buy items on ebay site ebay MUST be responsible for proper item delivery and NOT courier or vendor.

Yesterday I have passed the info to Lathif Nathani MD ebay, now need to see if he takes some action or he is ONE MORE USELESS ebay people.
Message 16 of 19
latest reply

tramani48
Community Member

DTDC is worst among the shippers.. I ordered a product last week and the seller shipped on the same day. It has to travel from Delhi to Erode(TN). From the day it has been shipped, it reached its APEX delhi facility after 2 days. And another 2 days to reach Coimbatore(By flight) and one day to reach my home town (87 kms from CBE airport) today morning and yet I went and collected it personally from their hub. Never seen such an irresponsible shippment chain.

Though there may be any internal issues, no proper updates in the system though.

Ebay should listen it and seller please avoid DTDC for atleast long distance.

Message 17 of 19
latest reply

I feel so sorry to say that we are in 21st century and Courier Company like DTDC whom people of this country made what & where they are today!
But DTDC as a company has betrayed and failed their customers trust & faith again and again
Sorry to say that this company is full robbers and thief’s who steals innocent customers items just like that and customer can just do nothing about it other than raising an alarm via customer care which is nothing
Much than name sake and absolutely has no control over anything or anyone!
Or else who knows DTDC themselves training these robbers and thief’s later on selling customer items back in the market!
I am one those unfortunate customer whose not one but five packages got stolen over period of 10 years, out of which recent two packages back to back got stolen,
As I believed things will change with DTDC over period of time but it would been foolish to think that way..............
Anyway I would request again and again to all my mates and people of this country not to use DTDC and risk if you have valuable product which you care for, pay more if required but send it via other reliable Courier out there as plenty of them today or else you will regret it for sure someday take my word on that!

Message 18 of 19
latest reply

I had used DTDC to sell a high value item (Nexus 7 tablet) to my buyer in Bangalore. His address was in Whitefield Road, however DTDC has messed up and delivered to Flipkart Mysore Road office! Now they are unable to retrieve the item from Flipkart.

DTDC has the worst ever service! Please NEVER use DTDC for selling/shipping items on eBay, especially to Bangalore.

Message 19 of 19
latest reply