Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introducing a new and cool way of shopping on eBay

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi,

We are excited to share the cool new ways of shopping on eBay.

New features for Buyers:

Introducing Shopping Cart for a complete shopping experience: Here is a cool way that will help you shop till you drop. Just add items to your Shopping Cart and keep shopping. You can then buy your items at one go later! Simple, isn’t it? To use the Shopping cart, follow the simple steps below:
1. Add an item by clicking the Add to Shopping Cart button on the View Item Page
2. Once you have finished your shopping, click the “My Shopping Cart” link on top of any eBay page.
3. Pay via PaisaPay for all the items added from one seller.

Note: The Shopping cart feature shall be available for all ‘Buy it Now’ items offering PaisaPay mode of payment. You can only pay for the items in your Shopping Cart by PaisaPay mode of payment.

To add items to your Shopping cart, you can click on the 'Add to Shopping Cart button' from the View Item Page:

You will be able to access your Shopping cart from the eBay header as well:

The Shopping cart link on the eBay header will lead you to your Shopping Cart Page.

A: All items selected from one seller
B: The continue button will help you pay for all the items from one seller at one go itself
C: All the items selected from a second seller
D: Items that you wish to save for later
E: Other items from the same seller

Fast Checkout for ‘Buy it Now’ Listings: For all our buyers who buy from Buy It Now listings, shopping on eBay will now be an easy 1-2-3 process. All you will need to do is:
• Click on the Buy it Now button (on the View item page)
• Provide your payment and shipping details.
• Commit the order and make the payment

Following Order details page will be your one stop to provide your payment and Shipping details:

A: Allows you to fill the Quantity you wish to buy
B: Is the default Shipping address. You can change the shipping address by clicking on the 'Change Shipping Address' link.
C: Allows you to choose the mode of shipment
D: Allows you to select the mode of payment by which you wish to make the payment
E: Continue to either confirm your purchase & pay

Locate Seller Contact Information easily: You have told us in the past that as a buyer it is not easy for you to locate your seller’s contact information. Going forward, for all the ‘Buy it Now’ and ‘Shopping Cart’ purchases, the order confirmation page, after you commit the order and make the payment, shall give you entire contact details of the seller. The same shall also be emailed to you for your records.

New features for Sellers:

Immediate Payment required with PaisaPay: As a seller, if you are offering only PaisaPay payment method on your ‘Buy it Now’ listings, the listing will close only after the buyer has made the payment via PaisaPay. Our seller community has been requesting for this feature for a while now and we are glad to inform you of the change.

Shipping Validation based on buyer Pin Code: Going forward the shipping charges for a buyer will be calculated based on the seller and buyer pin codes (instead of city). If the buyer and seller pin codes are from same city the buyer will be considered a local buyer and will be charged local shipping charges. Similar logic will apply to national buyers as well. In case the buyer pin code is not available in the database, he shall be considered a national buyer.

I hope you will find the above changes exciting and the changes will make eBay an easy and fun shopping destination for you. In case you have any question on the above, please feel free to post your questions on this thread. We shall be monitoring it on regular basis. You can also get in touch with our Customer Service resources to get help you with your questions.

Regards,
Sapana
Message 1 of 34
latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi kool_seller,

Yes you will be able to use Immediate payment required feature for your easy to buy listings (which are primarily new products & 'buy it now' listings together) that are offering PaisaPay as the mode of payment.

Regards,
Sapana
Message 11 of 34
latest reply

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi shahenshah0786,

I am sorry to dissapoint you, but I think I need to clarify on the immediate payment required feature.

The immediate payment feature ensures that if you are offering only PaisaPay mode of payment in your listings, your listings will not end until the buyer has paid for the product via PaisaPay. This will ensure that you will not have any Unpaid item issues.

The payment cycle for PaisaPay remains the same for now. please feel free to post further questions if any.

Regards,
Sapana
Message 12 of 34
latest reply

Sapana,

I ship from my warehouse which is located at Vasai, which falls in Thane District.

Now what would local be for me and what would National be for me?

Is the Mumbai Metropolitan Region (which includes Mumbai, Thane, Navi Mumbai) local or Mumbai District (BMC area - Mankhurd - Mulund - Dahisar being the outer limits of Mumbai) is separte from Thane and as I ship from Thane, Mumbai would not longer be local for me?
Message 13 of 34
latest reply

coolbrasco
Community Member
Dear eBay,

Thanks a lot for brining this wonder feature the customers. In fact this is great for seller as well, less trouble chasing the customer for payment. Also for customers it is wonderful that they see the shipping discounts and total before they purchase.

I would like to suggest one small improvement regarding this. For this payment type we would like to offer some discount for buyer as well to encourage them to buy this than after purchase wait for our invoice, if you allow us to program 5% or 10% discount for customers though Markdown manager would be great. We have done shipping discounts setting for almost all the items, kindly show in bold that those items are eligible for shipping discounts and amount, that can encourage the buyer to buy more if interested. Or after first purchase, if we set up standard shipping discount for multiple purchase, please project in a right place, if he purchase more he will discount.

Thanks again for the eBay India team for this wonderful feature.

Best regards,
CoolBrasCo.
Message 14 of 34
latest reply

garments_zone
Community Member
Hello
I feel this is a great move from eBay India (Immediate payment required) as this feature is already used at eBay.com when you use pay pal
I am not sure about how this shopping Cart will help buyers what in case a buyers buys from different sellers.

And whereas for shipping charges will the sellers able to charge shipping charges for every city (pin code)wise or it will be as usual
Thanks
rizwan
Message 15 of 34
latest reply

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi veedeedirect,

Of what I know of, Thane is considered outside Mumbai and therefore not local. Couriers charge extra for Thane and thus it will come as national shipping.

For benefit of all, if you item location is different from that of your registered address, you can mention the same in your item location. The shipping charge will be calculated based on item location.

Please feel free to post further questions.

Regards,
Sapana
Message 16 of 34
latest reply

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi coolbrasco,

Glad that you find the new features useful!

I have forwarded you suggestion to the concerned team. While there might not be an immediate impact via markdown manager, we will try and figure out a workaround.

Thanks and Regards,
Sapana
Message 17 of 34
latest reply

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi garments_zone,

On shipping charge:

You will be able to provide local COD and only local buyers will be able to buy those products. There were certain lacunas earlier due to which national buyers were also able to buy local COD products. The change will rectify the concern.

Please feel free to post further question if any.

Regards,
Sapana
Message 18 of 34
latest reply

truevaluegems
Community Member
Thankyou very much for this initiative. I hope ebay will be a better place with shopping cart. gr8 news!
Crorepati Jewellers
Message 19 of 34
latest reply

Sapna,

Sorry to state your reply "of what I know" does not help.

I need a categorical reply from your tech or whichever team has designed this.

I need to plan my shipping charges from 9/07/2007.

JUST FYI, My courier charges the same rate for Mumbai Metropolitan Area, i.e. Mumbai, Thane and Navi Mumbai.
Message 20 of 34
latest reply