Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introducing a new and cool way of shopping on eBay

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi,

We are excited to share the cool new ways of shopping on eBay.

New features for Buyers:

Introducing Shopping Cart for a complete shopping experience: Here is a cool way that will help you shop till you drop. Just add items to your Shopping Cart and keep shopping. You can then buy your items at one go later! Simple, isn’t it? To use the Shopping cart, follow the simple steps below:
1. Add an item by clicking the Add to Shopping Cart button on the View Item Page
2. Once you have finished your shopping, click the “My Shopping Cart” link on top of any eBay page.
3. Pay via PaisaPay for all the items added from one seller.

Note: The Shopping cart feature shall be available for all ‘Buy it Now’ items offering PaisaPay mode of payment. You can only pay for the items in your Shopping Cart by PaisaPay mode of payment.

To add items to your Shopping cart, you can click on the 'Add to Shopping Cart button' from the View Item Page:

You will be able to access your Shopping cart from the eBay header as well:

The Shopping cart link on the eBay header will lead you to your Shopping Cart Page.

A: All items selected from one seller
B: The continue button will help you pay for all the items from one seller at one go itself
C: All the items selected from a second seller
D: Items that you wish to save for later
E: Other items from the same seller

Fast Checkout for ‘Buy it Now’ Listings: For all our buyers who buy from Buy It Now listings, shopping on eBay will now be an easy 1-2-3 process. All you will need to do is:
• Click on the Buy it Now button (on the View item page)
• Provide your payment and shipping details.
• Commit the order and make the payment

Following Order details page will be your one stop to provide your payment and Shipping details:

A: Allows you to fill the Quantity you wish to buy
B: Is the default Shipping address. You can change the shipping address by clicking on the 'Change Shipping Address' link.
C: Allows you to choose the mode of shipment
D: Allows you to select the mode of payment by which you wish to make the payment
E: Continue to either confirm your purchase & pay

Locate Seller Contact Information easily: You have told us in the past that as a buyer it is not easy for you to locate your seller’s contact information. Going forward, for all the ‘Buy it Now’ and ‘Shopping Cart’ purchases, the order confirmation page, after you commit the order and make the payment, shall give you entire contact details of the seller. The same shall also be emailed to you for your records.

New features for Sellers:

Immediate Payment required with PaisaPay: As a seller, if you are offering only PaisaPay payment method on your ‘Buy it Now’ listings, the listing will close only after the buyer has made the payment via PaisaPay. Our seller community has been requesting for this feature for a while now and we are glad to inform you of the change.

Shipping Validation based on buyer Pin Code: Going forward the shipping charges for a buyer will be calculated based on the seller and buyer pin codes (instead of city). If the buyer and seller pin codes are from same city the buyer will be considered a local buyer and will be charged local shipping charges. Similar logic will apply to national buyers as well. In case the buyer pin code is not available in the database, he shall be considered a national buyer.

I hope you will find the above changes exciting and the changes will make eBay an easy and fun shopping destination for you. In case you have any question on the above, please feel free to post your questions on this thread. We shall be monitoring it on regular basis. You can also get in touch with our Customer Service resources to get help you with your questions.

Regards,
Sapana
Message 1 of 34
latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

nakatib
Community Member
hi!
how can ebay decide the sellers shipping fees based on the given buyers pincode? it has to be the sole discreet of the seller .or may be have i understood wrong? secondly what happens to sellers who are offering other modes of payment along with paisapay? is it that the buyers will not get the benifit of the shoppong cart of such sellers?
regards
n a katib
Message 2 of 34
latest reply

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi nakatib,

To your question:
how can ebay decide the sellers shipping fees based on the given buyers pincode? it has to be the sole discreet of the seller .or may be have i understood wrong?

Let me first clarify on the above:
Currently, when a buyer buys from you, the system checks the buyer's shipping address to see if he is eligible for local shipping charges or national shipping charges. In case the buyer has entered a wrong city name (Bombay instead of Mumbai) the system will not understand if it is a local shipment or national shipment. In such cases the system lets the buyer to decide the shipping charge. Often this creates confusion as buyer chooses the lowest applicable rate.

What changes: In the new system, the system will check the buyer's pincode and match it to the seller's. In case the pincode is from same city the buyer will be shown the options of local shipping. Otherwise he will be shown the options of national shipping. A national buyer will not be able to select shipping charge applicable for a local shipment.

Another benefit of the system is that if you are offering only local COD as a payment/shipping option, and a national buyer wants to buy it on COD, he will not be able to buy the same.

Hope this clarifies the question on shipping.

Regards,
Sapana
Message 3 of 34
latest reply

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi nakatib,

On your second question:
what happens to sellers who are offering other modes of payment along with paisapay? is it that the buyers will not get the benifit of the shoppong cart of such sellers?

To avail the benefit of Shopping cart, the 'Buy it Now' listing will need to have PaisaPay as one of the payment options. The seller can offer other payment options as well in the same listing, however, he will neccecarily need to offer PaisaPay to help a buyer buy via Shopping Cart.

If your buyer adds the product to the Shopping Cart, he will be able to pay for them via PaisaPay only.

I hope the above gives further clarification. Please feel free to ask any other question that you may have in mind.

Regards,
Sapana
Message 4 of 34
latest reply

garments_zone
Community Member
Hello
I feel this is a great move from eBay India (Immediate payment required) as this feature is already used at eBay.com when you use pay pal
I am not sure about how this shopping Cart will help buyers what in case a buyers buys from different sellers.

And whereas for shipping charges will the sellers able to charge shipping charges for every city (pin code)wise or it will be as usual
Thanks
rizwan
Message 5 of 34
latest reply

Hi Sapana!

Its a really good move for buyers and sellers. UPI will be reduced because unless a buyer doesn't pay, the item(s) will not be sold and will remain in the Shopping Cart. I welcome this feature, thanks to eBay India’s Product Management Team.

Regards,
Mohib-uz-Zaman
Message 6 of 34
latest reply

rediceauction
Community Member
Hi Sapana,

This is good news for Sellers, this will surely reduce unpaid items by buyers and reducing headaches for sellers.

Just looking forward to see ebay a great marketplace to buy and sell, like it is in other western conutries.

Also i have emailed you my concerns, hope you can address the same at your earliest convenience.

All the best

Regards,
Kuntal
Red Ice Auction
Message 7 of 34
latest reply

kool_seller
Community Member
Hi,

Let me first express my appreciation for these new features.
Immediate Payment required with PaisaPay: Would this also apply to 'easy to buy' listings having only PaisaPay as the accepted mode of payment ?

Regards,
Kul
Message 8 of 34
latest reply

shahenshah0786
Community Member
Immediate Payment required with PaisaPay.
this is very interesting and very feasible payment mode! as we already 1 month back and just written to ebay regarding this that the payment cycle is too long and the immidiate payment transfer is best idea. but how will this system work?
Message 9 of 34
latest reply

shahenshah0786
Community Member
Immediate Payment required with PaisaPay.
this is very interesting and very feasible payment mode! as we already 1 month back and just written to ebay regarding this that the payment cycle is too long and the immidiate payment transfer is best idea. but how will this system work?
Message 10 of 34
latest reply