cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introducing 'The eBay SuperHero Challenge' for our Seller Community

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi, this is Sapana Gupta from Community Development team. I am here today to share about an interesting program that we are launching for our Seller Community.

Our Seller Community has always displayed exemplary behaviour when it comes to helping fellow sellers. Be it helping in setting up the eBay business of a new seller, clarifying doubts of established sellers, or just supporting each other in the hour of need, our community members have always been generous in guiding and helping their fellow eBayers. Over the time, the helpful sellers become respected members of the Community and Heroes for the sellers they have helped.

To honour all our Heroes and to say a BIG Thank You to the SuperHero, eBay brings you ‘The SuperHero’ Challenge!

What is ‘The SuperHero’ Challenge all about?
This challenge aims at inspiring the SuperHeroes of the eBay Seller Community to guide a team of sellers to new heights in their business, stepping in to help with trading tips and tricks, market advice and all their other superpowers. The most successful Hero will thus be crowed ‘The eBay SuperHero’

How will the Challenge work?
Step 1: eBay invites high performance established sellers (a.k.a. Heroes) to take the challenge of becoming a SuperHero
Step 2: eBay invites high potential new sellers to become the team member of the SuperHeroes and get super-exclusive insider info on how to grow your sales and expand your business
Step 3: The SuperHero uses his business acumen, to ensure that his team does maximum successful transactions on eBay and generates maximum positive feedback in 3 months time.
Step 4: All the successful Heroes their top performing Team Members and ‘The SuperHero’ get fabulous prizes!

How to participate in the challenge?
All the chosen SuperHeroes and their team members will receive invitation to join ‘The SuperHero challenge'. If you are the chosen one, you can also join the ‘The SuperHero challenge’ by clicking here. The challenge will be open from 1st November 07 to 31st January 08.

To know more about the program, Click here or read the FAQ section. If you have any question, clarification or request, please feel free to write to us at superhero@ebay.com or post on this thread.

Regards,
Sapana Gupta
Community Development Team
Message 1 of 42
latest reply
41 REPLIES 41

raymahasay
Community Member
Hi runalaila_in1,

Please accept my congratulations.

sincerely,
Shriparna. Shriparna
Message 21 of 42
latest reply

raymahasay
Community Member
Hi runalaila_in1,

Please accept my congratulations.

sincerely,

Shriparna. Shriparna
Message 22 of 42
latest reply

krishnaindia
Community Member
Wow !!

On the community landing page I can see runa_laila's face as one of the super hero !!! runa_laila you look superb in that costume ! NO kidding ... congrats !

Who is the other one ? Anyone has a answer ?
Message 23 of 42
latest reply

snrama
Community Member
Hi runalaila_in1,

Hope you will win some thing from the contest! Many congrats. ---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) 😉
---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) 😉
Message 24 of 42
latest reply

runalaila_in1
Community Member
Hey Snrama ,
Thanks And i too hope i win a lot of things.
Right now the priority is to win the faith that the team members would repose on me.:).
If even 1 goes on to achieve a fullfledged career in online world,
It would be the most satisfying PRIZE
Message 25 of 42
latest reply

Hello,

I have just returned from a long business tour cum vacation.

When I enter my id (s) for the superhero challenge, I get nothing, I am directed back to the same page.

|s there any bug in the system? Or am I ineligible for both the options.

I belive every seller on ebay with a rating of over 50 should be eligible for either of the criteria.

Either he has made it and already a superhero to be or he is a learner and needs guidance of a superhero to be.

What say everyone?

Sapana says:

"The sellers who take up this challenge need to be the ones who are completely aware of the secrets of a sucessful eBay business."

If after selling online for 5 years, if I am still not "completely aware" of the secrets of a sucessful eBay business, the real superheroes should be allowed to teach me a thing or two 😉

-------
Devesh
Message 26 of 42
latest reply

Just to add a twist to the tale.

There are many sellers who are saying that 10% conversion ratio criteria is incorrect.

Let say I am a Gold Level PS having sales of over 5 lakh per month on ebay. Would I be more interested in generation more sales and more profits or be bothered about such things such as a conversion ratio?

Say further if I am making say Rs.500/- after paying ebay fees / PP charges on one product and if I pay say a listing fee of Rs.3/- per listing, would it or would it not make sense for me to list the product one hundred times for a single sale? I still end up making Rs.200/- profit. In this scenario I am happy making my Rs.200/- on every product sold, ebay is happy with the Rs.300/- as listing fees plus the FVF fees and the PP charges.

But my coversion ratio would be only 1%. so what should I say about the convesion ratio thingie?

Devesh
Message 27 of 42
latest reply

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi cameras_n_such,

I am surprised that you are facing an error. You are eligible to participate in the program as a SuperHero. We checked the page for various ids including yours and the system is working as desired (we did not get an error). You may want to clear your cookies once and try again. In case you are facing an issue do let us know at superhero@ebay.com.

BTW, any member who inputs his detail on the page will get to know whether is eligible to particpate as a SuperHero or a Team Member or not eligible to participate. In case our members are facing the error, we will request them to report the same to us.

Thanks & Regards,
Sapana
Message 28 of 42
latest reply

Sapana,

Still getting the same error. Tried on 4 different pcs and 3 isps.

I asked my friend to check and he confirmed my eligibily on his pc.

Cannot figure out what the problem is.

Devesh
Message 29 of 42
latest reply

bellojewelsplaza
Community Member
I would just like to wish Good luck to the new eBay sellers and tell you that all the hard work can pay off if you take the time to really get into the indepths of what you are about to embark and are willing to put time and effort into getting your business off the ground. Remember, In Business there is no way to make money without an initial investment. Be you start off with a small investment of only Rs 5000 or a large one of several lacs of rupees, you can gain success on becoming an eBay seller.
Best Wishes to all from Bello Jewels!
Message 30 of 42
latest reply