Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introducing Revised Fee Structure for Mobiles and Accessories category

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Dear Members

To help improve the user experience of our buyers and sellers in Mobiles and Accessories Category, we are introducing a new pricing structure for this category.

Listings in Mobiles & Accessories Category will be subject to tiered Listing Fees and revised Final Value Fees. The changes are applicable starting 11:59 PM IST on the 3rd of December 2006. This revised pricing structure is only applicable to the Mobiles and Accessories Category and aims at improving the overall health of the category.

What is the New Fees Structure in the Mobiles and Accessories Category?

Click Here to see the New fee structure.

• All listings in the Mobiles & Accessories Category for all formats (i.e. BIN, SIF, Chinese & Dutch Auctions), live from 11:59 PM on 3rd December 2006, will be subject to the new pricing structure

• Listing Fees in the Mobiles and Accessories Category will be charged on the start price or BIN price of the listing. For example, an item listed in auction with a start price less than or equal to Rs.2,500 will be charged listing fees of Rs.3/- even if the final price of the product (auction ended price) is >Rs.2,500 (Please click here to see examples)

• Final Value Fees will be charged on the End Price and is applicable to all successfully sold “Mobiles and Accessories” items (Please click here to see example)

• The Listing fee will be credited if your item does not sell successfully (including Unpaid Item) for the first time, but is successfully sold in the 1st relist instance. (Please click here to see eligibility criteria for credit)

No Gallery Fees will be charged for listings in the Mobiles and Accessories Category. Please note that sellers will need to select Gallery while creating the listing to avail the feature

• All other feature fees, such as home page featured, highlight, secondary category fees etc will remain unchanged

Which sellers will be impacted?

• All sellers listing in the Mobile and Accessories Category on eBay India

• Sellers who have listed more than 20 listings (>20 listings) in any eBay category, since their time of registration on eBay, will be charged Listing Fees on ALL future listings made by them in the Mobiles and Accessories Category (ONLY)

• Sellers who have listed 20 or fewer listings (<=20 listings) in any eBay category will not be charged the new Listing Fees in the Mobiles and Accessories category

All sellers listing in the Mobile and Accessories Category are subject to the reduced Final Value Fees structure

How does it Impact a seller in Mobiles and Accessories category?

We understand that our sellers in the Mobiles and Accessories category will need to make changes to their current business plan to accommodate the above mentioned changes.
To understand the impact of the above changes on your business, we will encourage you to check the Managing Your eBay Business Strategy. It can help you arrive at important metrics that will help you determine your new listing strategy.

We also encourage you to use our Customer Support Resources to understand how this change will impact your business and discuss your options for adjusting your eBay selling strategy.

To learn more about these changes, read our FAQ section.
For sellers listing in all other categories, thecurrent pricing structure remains unchanged. All eBay policies like multiple listing, mis-categorisation etc remain unchanged.

Your suggestions & comments are valuable to us and we encourage you to share your feedback with us.

Best Regards

eBay International AG

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

felinetrendz
Community Member
hi,
charging on ebay store listed item for the same is quite unfair , as it is sellers are paying for the shop and the privileges are been reduced ... Highly unacceptable

:_| X-( 😞 😮
Message 2 of 19
latest reply

basumatari@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear felinetrendz,

An improved buyer experience should result in greater business for all and the decision to introduce listing fees is aimed at improving the finding of products in the Mobile & Accessories category thus improving buyer experience. As a shop seller, you have certain benefits that a non-shop seller does not enjoy, namely:

1)Longer listing duration
2)getting indexed in Search Engines for natural search
3)email marketing
4)Opportunity to create one’s own branding

Unfortunately, we have noticed that shops are often used as store-houses of non-moving or least moving stocks and are often plagued by issues of multiple listings leading to low conversion rates, this is all the more relevant today where shop listings surface in a normal search by buyers.

Our advice to you would be that in order to improve the buyer’s finding experience overall and reduce your costs, please look at the quality and number of listings in your shop and remove the listings that are either listed multiple times or have seen no buying activity in the past. As a shop seller, you will continue to get the benefit of lower listing costs if good listings in your shops are listed for a longer duration (you are allowed as much as 30 day listings in shop format).

Regards
D.J. Basumatari
Category Management
With warm regards
D.J. Basumatari
Category Team

With warm regards
D.J. Basumatari
Category Team
Message 3 of 19
latest reply

touchnshine
Community Member

I
won't list anything in Mobiles & Accessories from 4th December . Gallery
listing still " HAAYE HAAYE" and now Mobiles & Accessories listing
fees -- "HAAYE HAAYE" .

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

1bigbaazaar
Community Member
This is going to be the worst thing that could have ever happened on ebay

buyers simply click on the item and vanish away in cyberworld

and sellers pay for listing the items for those buyers who run away after bidding /buying it for fun

i am feeling disgusted since after listing approx 200 items in that catergory ,i do not receive even a single payment
i would rather stop listing the products on those categories

it is indeed not necessary to explain this to ebay

as it has already been decided by them to imply this rates on listing

i would not tell my fellow sellers not to sell in this category but would rather not do it my self

if at all a sugestion is to be given to ebay then i would ask them to charge a listing fee only to sucessful transctions

in case a UPI is filed then reverse the transaction

and the listing fee may not be 3 to 5 rupees it can be even upto 30Rs

only implement this if the transaction done on ebay by both the parties is completed sucessfuly

i have decided not to list in those category when i am not able to sell a single mobile in a day why should i pay for 200 listings which close every day in that category:_|

it is indeed meaning less to be a seller for that category on ebay any more after 4th of dec...

A smart answer from ebay could be when you relist for the first time, there is no listing fee,but boss we have to open each and every listing and click on the relist button to enable ourselves for a listing fee credit.
Who has that time to open 200 listings everyday?
Message 5 of 19
latest reply

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi touchnshine and 1bigbaazaar,

I understand your concerns and also admit the fact that as a seller you will need to make certain changes in your current business structure to accomodate these changes.

You would have received a personalised mail from eBay which would contain details of how your specific account will get impacted by these changes. I will urge you to study the excel sheet carefully. We will be regularly in touch with our sellers to discuss how they can best accomodate this change in their business.

Please feel free to write back to me in case you wish to disucss your business needs with us.

Warm Regards,
Sapana
Message 6 of 19
latest reply

snrama
Community Member
Hi,

Does these new fee structure (Listing Fee) is applicable for Store / Shop listings? If yes, then its not a right move :-(. Atleast store listings should be free as a sellers pay monthly charges Rs.200/- (basic shop).

If no then, we can create one listing in the shop and can expect orders.

Basically I am happy with this new change (if it excludes store listings).

The product which doesn't move regularly and can be listed on shop listings and we can give priority for the products which sells regularly.

So normally we list with gallery and was giving Rs 0.25/- per listing. Now we need to spend another Rs 2.75/- till the product price is Rs 2500/- and we will be charged 0.25% less on the Final Value Fees.

Unwanted listings, multiple listing from duplicate ids will get reduce and your product will be promoted. This is the advantage I saw with this move and hope it works.

I have seen some of you have become unhappy with this move. But this is my opinion and every other's opinions differs and respectable. :-) ---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) 😉
---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) 😉
Message 7 of 19
latest reply

Finally a move by ebaY in the right direction.

This should be spread to all the high value categories where the average ticket value is over Rs.1000/- asap.

Now after a long time we will have some sanity back in the site and those sellers whose only job is to create dozens of ids and list the same product hundreds of times closing every day will get a break.

Genuine seller who would like to concentrate on other aspects of the business except just trying to list a product as many times as possible will now get a chance to make a sale on ebaY. We now may see the comeback of many a serious seller who had quit the site as they could not get visibility of their products amount the clutter of multiple free listings throught multiple ids.

However I feed that the Rs.3/- charge is a bit on the higher side. It should be lower, say Re.1/-. At Re.1/- a seller can list say almost all the 200 models of mobile phones available in the market and end up paying less than Rs.1000/- as listing fees. These are affordable, however fees of Rs.2400/- (200 models x rs.3 x 4 weekly listings) is a bit too much. All other ecoomerce sites in India which work on a paid listing model charge about Rs.12,000/- to Rs.15,000/- per annum. So a seller can say pay about Rs.12 K per year but no more in the current Indian scenario.

I would also go so far as suggesting that with the mobile category, the Cameras and Optics Category should go paid too. There is tooooooooooooo much multiple listing with benami ids in that category and genuine listings just simply disappear.

Now since listing fees are introduced, the dumb limition of just 5 multiples should go away. The international norm is 15 duplicate listings per item should be the norm on ebaY India too. In most ebay sites where listing fees are a norm, seller are hardly ever pulled up even if they list the same product say 40-50 times, same should be in the categories which are going paid on ebaY.

Regarding the suggestion of my dear friend 1bigbaazar, that fees should be charged only on sucessfull listings I would only say that those fees are caled Final Value Fees and these are already being charged. So are you suggesting double FVF? Infact for a category like Mobiles, I would really suggest that for mobiles below Rs.10,000/- the FVF should be only 1% and for mobile above RS.10,000/- the FVF should be 2% of the value or Rs.10,000/- with the introduction of listing fees. This will make the online prices of mobile more in competition with the offline market where the average retail markup on low value mobiles below say Rs.10,000/- is only a couple of hundred rupees.
Message 8 of 19
latest reply

I feel that the new charges for Mobile & Accessories category are too high
especially for accessories. Giving a discount of 0.25% on final value fees is
not of use.

Accessories like chargers, batteries and hands free kit does not sell regularly
on a daily basis. Moreover they don't even have a good profit margin. Some times
it takes months for 1 charger or battery to be sold. Listing them regularly and
paying Rs 3 for each listing will not be possible as we might end up paying from
our pockets.

Also I have about 150 unique mobile listings. If I list it for 3 days each then
I will have to pay a sum of Rs 4500/- only behind mobile listings. (Whether it
sells or does not sell will have to pay)

There is a very bad impact due to gallery fees on the site and I think the
accessories category will be empty after this new change.

Regards

Shuaib

Regards
Shuaib
Aafsaa.com
Message 9 of 19
latest reply

indconcepts
Community Member
Hello,

I feel that this is the second BLUNDER ebay has committed after GALLERY FEES.

Everybody is aware that after introducing Gallery Fees ..... ebay has continuously offered Gallery FREE weeks. So, what was the use of levying Gallery Fees ?

It seems ebay is afraid of introducing Listing Fees in all categories.

ebay is creating an un-even playing field by introducing it in a particular category.

Why Rs.3 per Listing in One Category and why not Rs.0.25 in all categories ?

The site is being made more and more complicated for New Members.

I believe that when there are more Sellers and more Buyers on site ..... there would be more business for all Sellers and more variety for Buyers.

Tomorrow, if ebay plans to introduce Listing Fees for other categories .... then there would be 2 OPTIONS.

1. Listing Fees similar to Mobile Category.
or
2. Listing Fees different from Mobile Category.

In both the cases ebay would muddle the site.

If it's 1st case then Sellers won't be able to sustain that high a Fees for low value Items.

If it's 2nd case then most of the Sellers would never be able to understand the site as well as the high INVOICE.

The only OPTION then left with ebay would be to OFFER ....

FREE LISTING FEE WEEK ..... just like .... FREE GALLERY FEE WEEK.

regards

Umang Midha .

IndConcepts logo7

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7
Message 10 of 19
latest reply