Introducing Free Shipping

Dear members,

We value your feedback. Please post your queries/suggestions/feedback regarding this here.

Regards,

Team eBay India.

Message 1 of 95
latest reply
94 REPLIES 94

Re: Introducing Free Shipping

You are introducing free shipping as your company's policy. But is it feasible ?? We are a book publisher and selling books through your esteemed site. Say MRP of the book is Rs. 300.00.  and shipping cost of the book at Kolkata is Rs.20 and at Jammu & Kashmir it is Rs. 80, Then what will be the cost of book to be shown as present policy i.e, including shipping,   Rs. 320 or Rs. 380 ??

WE are in great trouble. And in your list "book" has not shown  or we miss some how. Please confirm that we are also included.

Message 91 of 95
latest reply

Buyers are being fooled by this policy.  If the buyer has to purchase multiple quantity or purchase multiple items from the same seller, he will end up paying shipping for each item.  Buyer will avoid buying from ebay.

How does brainstorming session happen amongst the ebay bosses?  Strange man.

Message 92 of 95
latest reply

hdeepanvita@ebay.com wrote:

Dear members,

We value your feedback. Please post your queries/suggestions/feedback regarding this here.

Regards,

Team eBay India.

Message 93 of 95
latest reply

For buyers : This is a good move

For sellers who are selling branded products : This is not a good move

For sellers who are selling unbranded products : There is no effect

For sellers who are selling branded products :

1. Margin from stockist/distributor will be 18% - 25%

2. Products with MRP < Rs.500 can't be listed. Because you can't sell in negative profit (or) above MRP rate

3. If product MRP is > Rs.500, then you can sell adjusting your profit

Final verdict : Branded items with MRP < Rs.500 willn't be available in eBay. Seems like eBay doesn't mind this. This will not affect sellers alone, it will also affect buyers who need to buy those items. 

Flipkart, Amazon have shipping rates defined, why can't eBay do it?

Hope eBay will consider this.

@kitchenaids wrote:

Dear Ebay Team

Before posting the message have read feedback of all other sellers also . Majority of sellers are very happy with move .

But there are few sellers like us who will be demotivated , the simple reason that in branded products which we sell there is dealer margin 20 - 25 % only and to include shipping charges in MRP is not possible .

Rather I would request you to please allow shipping charges as it was there but you can have category wise capping on shipping charges so that sellers cannot mischarge customers .

There will be fair justice to customer and sellers both .

Hope to see some discussion and action in matter .

Regards

Tarun Baweja

Message 94 of 95
latest reply

HI

tHANKS YOU GUYS for the update

I am not able to make the changes'

I think I am blocked

What do I do 

Regards

BSJ