Introducing Free Shipping

Dear members,

We value your feedback. Please post your queries/suggestions/feedback regarding this here.

Regards,

Team eBay India.

Message 1 of 95
latest reply
94 REPLIES 94

Re: Introducing Free Shipping

So does this new policy of free shipping has come into play yet? Because I don't see my items have become free of shipping charges.

Message 81 of 95
latest reply

Good Move , I hope no products have been left as per the long list. Now that this has been introduced , why not expand the powership facility to small town sellers too.

hdeepanvita@ebay.com wrote:

Dear members,

We value your feedback. Please post your queries/suggestions/feedback regarding this here.

Regards,

Team eBay India.

Message 82 of 95
latest reply

I sell aquarium products which even though weigh less they come in different shape and size. As a result the courier company always charge for  volumetric weight. For my pickup address ebay dont have powership services hence I have to pay more shipping charge for private couriers. Now due to this mindless policy implenmented by ebay I will have to increase cost to cover shipping which customer are not going to like, they will think price is too high. Till now they were happy as everyone knows nothing is free in this world and cost is always involved for shipping anything. Already ebay have implement some thoughless remittance policy delaying the payment to sellers for even confirmed items and now again this.

Request ebay to remove all those idiots who are making this hopeless policies and hire actual sellers who have practical knowlegde of selling items. This will make sellers happy attract more buyers and inturn generate more revenue for ebay.

Rgds,

Message 83 of 95
latest reply

WHEN WILL THE SHIPPING COST COLUMN DISSEAPER....SOME SELLER STILL USING TO CHARGE SHIPPING COST AFTER 3RD AUGUST...

Message 84 of 95
latest reply

SEEMS FREE SHIPPING POLICY IS ANNOUNCED AND BUT NOT YET IMPLEMENTED...SOME NEW LISTINGS ARE STILL WITH SHIPPING COSTS ...ITS 5TH AUGUST AND I CAN STILL ADD SHIPPING COST TO MY NEW LISTINGS...NOT FAIR..EXPECTED TO TAKE EFFECT RIGHT FROM 3RD AUGUST.

Message 85 of 95
latest reply

seems who compiled with the new rule are stupids like me ๐Ÿ˜ž , other people are still charging shipping and my price because of added shipping charges is high result = low / no sales

Message 86 of 95
latest reply

Dear Ebay Team

Before posting the message have read feedback of all other sellers also . Majority of sellers are very happy with move .

But there are few sellers like us who will be demotivated , the simple reason that in branded products which we sell there is dealer margin 20 - 25 % only and to include shipping charges in MRP is not possible .

Rather I would request you to please allow shipping charges as it was there but you can have category wise capping on shipping charges so that sellers cannot mischarge customers .

There will be fair justice to customer and sellers both .

Hope to see some discussion and action in matter .

Regards

Tarun Baweja

Message 87 of 95
latest reply

It is justified to have price and shipping seperate only .

Flipkart and Amazon also does have seperate shipping charges . 

I hope Ebay listens to it

Message 88 of 95
latest reply

Its a bad move. You can check other sites, no one offers free shipping because there is something called MRP. I cant charge more than MRP. 

Low value items will now look more like overvalued products because when shipping is included it makes them expensive. A product available in local market for Rs. 99 is sold at Rs. 80 by me without including shipping cost, but if shipping cost is included it makes the cost to be 130 approx. It will appear to customer at being sold at a inflated cost. Please review before implementing such major policies. 

Next up, if I see a fair policy would be to stop charging local or national courier. Just include the option of Flat Shipping Rate which comes up in the search section and the customer won't be misguided. This would be fair.

Message 89 of 95
latest reply

Hi Ebay Team,

This is not a good idea to give Free shipping on all items. There are many low cost items e.g Product MRP is 100 Rs and if I will sell at 100+ 60 Rs shipping charge, i.e total 160 Rs. for a buyer  and as per law it is illegal to sell at more than MRP. It will result in MRP inflation and UNETHECIAL PARCTICES.

Buyer will never understand that selling price is also included shipping charges and they will directly leave negative feedback or raise ebay claim. Will you be able to help me to remove such negative feedback?

Regards,

Gagan

Message 90 of 95
latest reply