Introducing Free Shipping

Dear members,

We value your feedback. Please post your queries/suggestions/feedback regarding this here.

Regards,

Team eBay India.

Message 1 of 95
latest reply
94 REPLIES 94

Re: Introducing Free Shipping

I AM FULLY AGREE WITH MURALI PHILA , ROYAL PHILA & SS PHILA.

IN STAMP CATAGERY, INDIVIDUL SHIPPING CHARGE IMPRACTICAL.

KINDLY RECONSIDER THIS.

THANK YOU

Message 71 of 95
latest reply

Good move.

Buyers will not be confused with it.

But buyers may ask why are we putting more price than mrp.

Thanks,

Fugitive

hdeepanvita@ebay.com wrote:

Dear members,

We value your feedback. Please post your queries/suggestions/feedback regarding this here.

Regards,

Team eBay India.

Message 72 of 95
latest reply

I really doubt, is it a proper decision, comparing to other e-commerce site each site has an option to add shipping charge, plus is there will be any value of GTC listing? There should be some difference and seller should add shipping price differently, what i  case of Local Courier-Free Delivery? that will also charged cause total price will be including shipping. On my point it should remail same as it is cause daily ebay orders are higher than any other sites......

Somnath Mukhopadhyay
Message 73 of 95
latest reply

this really good move especially for powership transaction

but not an intelligent move

you may ask y?right

former you were in another extreme where you show local shipping free and cost national shipping which is misleading to buyer but attractive price to look

but now you are moving to another extreme where you include shipping cost in item cost where most item has thin margin this move will definitely wont attract customer in terms of price 

the best way is to show the item price and shipping price transparently which will be middle path.

surely it may cause lower order volume for sure

Message 74 of 95
latest reply

This should be done for all the categories and not only these categories. It will lead to much better buying experience on ebay for customers.

At present some sellers manipulate the shipping structure to get visibility. They list free shipping for within city delivery and shipping cost for other places. In search results the buyers see free shipping and when they decide to buy the item, suddenly they see shipping cost. This is driving buyers away from ebay. This is a very simple and logical issue, which needs to be addresses ASAP. 

And if free shipping cannot be done across all categories, then a flat shipping charge should be allowed instead of within city and flat delivery anywhere in India.

Message 75 of 95
latest reply

I think the better solution would be to consider national shipping charge when you short listings based on price+shipping. As of now you are considering local shipping charge while calculating this and this leads to wrong information to customers.

Removing shipping charge altogether is not a right approach as buyers will not get shipping discount on buying multiple quantities.

Lastly if you are removing the shipping charge please do so for all the categories and make things uniform for all buyer and sellers.

Message 76 of 95
latest reply

I think the better solution would be to consider national shipping charge when you short listings based on price+shipping. As of now you are considering local shipping charge while calculating this and this leads to wrong information to customers. This change would be very minimal from the software perspective but will lead to major change wrt to transparency and fairness to both buyers and sellers.

Message 77 of 95
latest reply

I Think it is not a good step which eBay is taking.

There Should be transperancy for buyer regarding Shipping Fees..

Cause eBay Powership is not giving free shipping to sellers.

They are even charging a good amount for order as per price value or as per weight & even for COD.

if eBay Poweship Reduce its price to half then there will be some channces to make Every Product With Free Shipping.

it is not possible for high selling fees items also,Cause some categories have more than 10-12% selling fees also..

So I Think For Free Shipping To Buyers...eBay Have To Comprise on Some Policies...!!

Hope For The Best Solution To This intiative..!!

Regards,

Sunita

Message 78 of 95
latest reply

Hi team 

We appretaite the one price system in ebay , request ebay to do this policy in all the catagories as some ebay sellers make the confusion in the listings because of the previous shipping policy .

Regards 

Message 79 of 95
latest reply

Good move.

However,  I am still confused on one aspect.  If the buyer purchases multiple quantity of the same item or purchases multiple items from same seller, how is the shipping charge be calculated?  Another scenario is, if the shipping cost of one item is 75 and for rest it is 50, will the system only pick 75 as the shipping charge?

Thanks.

Message 80 of 95
latest reply