Introducing Free Shipping

Dear members,

We value your feedback. Please post your queries/suggestions/feedback regarding this here.

Regards,

Team eBay India.

Message 1 of 95
latest reply
94 REPLIES 94

Re: Introducing Free Shipping

Hi vplus online. you sent an 7 digit number as a airway bill no for my product but that is not a real one..After writing a lot of emails no response...where is my money??????? Are you cheating others??????please reply to me asap

Message 31 of 95
latest reply

we also want that only free shipping items should be listed on ebay , so that the sellers could not able to confused the buyer.

thanks
Message 32 of 95
latest reply

akhi1973
Community Member

good move. and it must be apply on all electronics items.

Message 33 of 95
latest reply

Dear eBay,

Items need not be shipped free of cost. But, let Sellers not try to take customers for a ride by specifying 'Free shipping' and then mentioning it as 'Free shipping- within Seller's city' as this confuses customers a lot. For eg: when I search for a particular item on eBay and search it through the filter 'Free Shipping', I am shown several products that are shipped for free, but when I tend to go to the next page, it is shown as 'Free shipping - within seller's city'. This doesn't prove to be useful in any way apart from wasting our time and eventually make us bored of searching for a product.

If the Seller wants to provide free shipping within his city, let him mention the actual shipping charges on the listing page and he can provide it as a special offer of free shipping for particular cities.

Message 34 of 95
latest reply

I TOTALLY AGREE WTIH YOU. I AM SELLING A LOT OF ITEMS IN AUCTION FORMAT AND GIVE COMBINE SHIPPING. IF THERE IS FREE SHIPPING I NEED TO INCLUDE THE SHIPPING CHRGES IN MY PRICE AND THE BUYER WILL NEED TO PAY EXTRA, SINCE HE COULD NOT ENJOY THE COMBINED SHIPPING.

PLEASE REVIEW BEFORE IMPLEMENTING.

For example.

if a buyer buy Rs99 worth of items, the shipping charge is Rs50. even if buys Rs50,000 worth of items ( perhaps 200 items) the combined shipping charge is still rs50.

to make it free, i have to sell the same product for Rs149 and the buyer will need to pay rs10,000 fir 200 items since there is no benefit of combined shipping.

Message 35 of 95
latest reply

Hello,

My ebay id: muraliphila

The combining of shipping with item price in 'Fixed price' is not feasible in 'Stamps' categories. The value of stamps is very less and normally buyers purchase multiple items (stamps) in single shipment to avail combined shipment benefit. The combining of shipping in item price is perfect in high value items or where buyers normally purchase single items.

Just consider the example below:

Now: The listed items under stamps category

Stamps-1   Price: Rs.70     Shipping: Rs.50

Stamps-2   Price: Rs.110   Shipping: Rs.50

Stamps-3   Price: Rs.220   Shipping: Rs.70

He adds all 3 items to cart and now he has to pay: Item total = Rs.400 + Combined shipping=Rs.70  and TOTAL = Rs.470

If Shipping Tab removed

We have to include the shipping in the item price and the NEW item price looks as below:

Stamps-1   Price: Rs.120    

Stamps-2   Price: Rs.160  

Stamps-3   Price: Rs.290  

He adds all 3 items to cart and he has to pay:120+160+290=Rs.570

That means he has to pay Rs.100 more for buying 3 items.

Now as a seller, please let me know how can I return excess paid Rs.100/- to buyer? There is no refund option available in Pasapay.

We have already forced to increase the item price because of minimum final value fee of Rs.10/-.

Including of shipping in item price, is too much for buyer to pay for stamps.

Now since 1 year stamps sale has come down drastically and with this new change it is impossible to sell stamps in ebay.in.

If you are deciding to implement this chane in 'Stamps' category, please let us know how to refund excess paid shipping in paisapay.

Other option like in 'Auction' you can provide - select items -> request for Invoice -> seller will add shipping ad send invoice -> buyer pay for the invoice. In this method we need not include shipping in item price and it is the proper way of handling shipping.  Now in ebay it works like this in 'Auction' and same to be implemented in 'Fixed Price' also.

I request not to implement this change in 'Stamps' Category to avoid lot of inconvenience to both Buyers & Sellers. If you are planning to go ahead with the change, we have to stop listing under ‘Stamps’ Categories in ‘Fixed price’, because no buyer will pay high value for the stamps. This will only encourage the direct dealing of buyers with sellers.

Regards,

Murali

Message 36 of 95
latest reply

Hello,

My ebay id: muraliphila

In continuation to my earlier mail I would like to suggest one simple change which will make both buyers and sellers happy making this removing shipping option in ‘Stamps’ category.

In ‘Selling preferences’ settings, include a flag ‘Allow buyers to pay only after Request for Invoice (Y/N)’. If seller marks it as ‘Yes’, then buyers only select items in the buyer's shop and sends request for Invoice to seller. Next seller will send the Invoice adding shipping charges in the invoice. If this flag is made ‘No’ then buyer can pay directly without waiting for the invoice.

This change can be made applicable across all categories and seller can decide the shipping depending on the type of categories.

With this small change, you can remove the shipping tab.

If you need any clarification feel free to contact me.

Regards,

Murali

Message 37 of 95
latest reply

This is not a good initiative to give Free shipping on all items. some time for example Product MRP is 100 Rs and if I will sell at 100+ 50 rs shipping charge, i.e total 150 Rs. for a buyer  and as per law it is illegal to sell at more than MRP. Buyer never understand that selling price is also included shipping charges and they will directly leave negative feedback or raise ebay claim.

Hence earlier Process was better incompare to upcoming practice.

Message 38 of 95
latest reply

100% agree with you

Message 39 of 95
latest reply

Not a good move for sellers especially from Taxation point of view. If you include shipping costs in selling price, then you need to pay Sales Tax / CST / VAT on Shipping amount also as there will be no way for Tax officers to differentiate the amounts.

Please reconsider this move especially from Taxation point of view.

Message 40 of 95
latest reply