cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got cheated by ebay and its nexus of fraud sellers

msai8172
Community Member

I had bought 2 wireless mouses from a seller . The items were delivered to me in Bangalore. Both the mouses are not working. When I raised a refund as the items were not working at all, eBay cancelled the claim saying it is a manufacturing defect and I need to visit the manufacturer's nearest service center to get the mouses exchanged. The nearest service center is in Delhi. I am so thankful to ebay team about this solution which shamelessly rejected the claim with such a nonsense response. I did send out email to their customer care team. The team has not yet responded.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Re: Got cheated by ebay and its nexus of fraud sellers

e2dshop
Community Member

If item is under manufacturer warranty. Buyer has to contact Manufacturer service center.

That is why Manufacturer service centers are setup. Company of any particular item invest on their service center so that they can get customers.

This is traditional way of business. 

But, some international shopping sites with big investments voilating this rules. Like taking back the products.

By this they think they will get more buyers and they can make billions out of that sales. And that money goes to Foreign companies. So, in fact local sellers / Indians bearing the losses and they are making profits.

This is not good in long run for the country like India.

If you think of your own benefit and ignore seller. Then it is not good.

So as per the traditional way of service one should follow that. If that is not allowed. Buyers can find some benefit for short time.

but, in long run it will be harmful for the business of India. So, service center system is correct system and that will work in future as well.

Here seller / retailer too purchase the items from wholesaler. And if item is not working wholesaler do not take that back. They ask to contact service center itself.

If they replace from their own end. They will incurr heavy losses. They sell product with less than 10 percent margin and if they will return they will loss 

So what can innocent sellers do?

You must think in seller place before

Yes of course few big sellers on different sites now offering replacement from their end but, this way they are violating the terms.

And also harmful for the nation.

think about it.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply