Foolish DSR Rating Policy

Hello

Now a days eBay changed policy in which they have given high importance to DSR rating. Due to which many of sellers lost power seller status and some sellers got restrictions from selling on there account. Out of 100 buyers 80 buyers gives feedback casually which affect sellers business. Those sellers are selling products with free shipping option in the DSR rating in shipping and handling charges also buyer gives low ratings. How is it possible ? Seller offering the free shipping and then also buyers gives low ratings ? We are selling on other websites too. Feedback matters on other websites too. But they not do like eBay. Here so many listing are removed by eBay. But for that removal they don't gave any specific reasons. If we ask to customer support they tells that write to trust and safety they will help you. Then what is the use of customer support ? As due to competition sellers are selling products @ 2-3% margin and its benefit buyers will take but what seller is getting ? Such types of restrictions or non performance mark.Those sellers are having 100% positive feedback then also that seller is bad ?? How is it ?
Really eBay kindly pay attention towards it and make
change in policy.

Regards
rhtdm.6624
Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Dear linusstudios

I agree with you. No use of power seller status. Because previously eBay sending packeging material and other useful material that time it was fine. But now a days then discontinued that also. But then not stopped sending GC to the buyers. That means they are thinking only about buyers not about sellers. So I would request all the sellers kindly recheck product prices & think whether are you really getting your sufficient margin ?

Thanks
rhtdm.6624
Message 11 of 23
latest reply

Dear All

One more update I got from eBay team that those sellers whose DSR is low there ER also reduced soon also may be completely removed. So think more now.

Thanks
rhtdm.6624
Message 12 of 23
latest reply

linusstudios
Community Member
If ER is out because of DSR thing, Mark my word 50% of sellers will escape.. Think of tech category with daily changing pricing, which seller will wait for 20 days to get his money.
Message 13 of 23
latest reply

Dear linusstudios

You are right no one will wait for 20 days. If seller makes delay in shipping then buyers gives low DSR in shipping. But when buyer not confirm products after receving it and they make delay for feedback also then who will give feedback to the buyers about there performance?

Thanks
rhtdm.6624
Message 14 of 23
latest reply

mobile-phones-etc
Community Member
guess what, a buyer gave negative to me, because he didn't like the way i packed. lol. as the effect my buyer satisfaction went to poor, and search standing went lowered. clearly means not going to get sales. like buyers, why dont we have a chance to kick back.
Totally frustrated. buy genuine mobiles at unbeatable price.
http://stores.shop.ebay.in/Mobile-Phones-ETC

Change is state of mind..but inevitable.
buy genuine mobiles at unbeatable price.

Message 15 of 23
latest reply

mobile-phones-etc
Community Member
@linus,
situation is really sad here and parties benefiting are :- eBay off course and insensible lot of sellers & buyers, other (honest) sellers and buyers are on the losing side, in spite of all the co-operation. On top of that sellers have to be on the front foot in this cutting edge competition, with category managers calling in and asking to cut the prices so they can promote us.
why promote items from guys who give cheapest, promote it from the one who gives best service instead.

I think either Indian market is too dumb to understand e-commerce, or its too clever to fool off people. Again, greed part in both buyers and sellers, makes an edge here and makes life living hell, As for me and Linus at current moment.

ITS A SAD STORY OVER ALL AND I AM REALLY BUGGED UP, I called my buyer and simply asked him, will you remove this negative or not, since i asked him to call me and remind to send the bag which got small scratches while in transit and he forgot to remind me. He admitted the mistake, was sensible enough, and we sorted this out.

I THINK eBAY, SHOULD COMPLETELY REMOVE THE FB SYSTEM TILL BUYERS HERE ARE NOT SENSIBLE ENOUGH, AND SHOULD BE SELECTIVE ABOUT THE SELLERS, CHARGE AN ENTRY FEE OR MAY BE A SECURITY DEPOSIT FROM THE SELLERS, AND ONLY KEEP SELECTIVE ITEMS FROM EACH SELLER. RIGHT NOW ITS A FISH MARKET. buy genuine mobiles at unbeatable price.

buy genuine mobiles at unbeatable price.

Message 16 of 23
latest reply

Thank you Raj Sir for the clarification. -- Signature: I am Jack's complete lack of surprise.
-- Signature: I am Jack's complete lack of surprise.
Message 17 of 23
latest reply

Dear All

I also got same calls from my account managers regarding DOW and all. But now when I am in trouble then no one paying attention towards my account. Do you its like that ""JAB TAK SELLERS SE FAYDA MILEGA TABTAK USKO CHANE K ZHAD PE CHADAKE LOW RATES LOW AUR USE KAHO KI DONT THINK ABOUT MARGIN TAKE BUSINESS LOSS THIS TIME NEXT TIME YOU CAN COVER IT "" am I right ? I hope you also got same conformation.... I didn;t understand why sellers are doing SOCIAL Activitys on eBay ???? Why they are selling products on eBay without there margins? Micromax offer Dekha Micromax Q1 is @1800.00 Why ??? Why he is doing social work here ??? why he is wasting time in packing and sending products without benefit ???

Boss ek baat samajlo jab account issue hoga na tab koi nahi help karta use resolve karne main. I have participated in DOW in month of march. I got conformation that FVF will be credited back to you. But till date that amount not credited. Could you please anyone tell me who is right person to inform such issues???

Thanks
rhtdm.6624
Message 18 of 23
latest reply

Dear All,

I also lost my power seller status.

My DSR :::--

*Requirements are based on detailed seller ratings received during the
last 12 months

[View 12-month trending data]

Detailed seller rating Requirement* Current performance
Item as described 4.50 4.54
Communication 4.50 4.68
Shipping time 4.50 4.43
Shipping and handling charges 4.50 4.68

Also one listing removed without reason. When I asked trust & safty team they are not giving any proper answer. If they are removing it then they have to provide reason am I right ?

Thanks
rhtdm.6624
Message 19 of 23
latest reply

allurejewels.in
Community Member
I have been going thru this discussion and lots of things said here makes sense. Business is two way, if there are sellers but no buyers there can not any business, similarly if there are buyers but no one to sell, there can not be any business. Why does eBay fail to understand this very simple thing? If Feedback makes the picture more clear, then why can't a buyer leave a negative feedback for a bad customer. If eBay can not educate its buyers about feedback system, then scrap it. If the buyer leaves an unfair feedback, he has got nothing to loose. It's me, who has to file a case in the community court, wait for the verdict- the whole thing takes about 12-15 days. For those 15 days I will be loosing lots of potential customers, who will see my lower feedback percentage and decide to shop elsewhere. Moreover the buyer gets away with it every time. There should be some action against the buyers who leave unfair negative feedback. If this is a power, then it has to be used responsibly.
Message 20 of 23
latest reply