Foolish DSR Rating Policy

Hello

Now a days eBay changed policy in which they have given high importance to DSR rating. Due to which many of sellers lost power seller status and some sellers got restrictions from selling on there account. Out of 100 buyers 80 buyers gives feedback casually which affect sellers business. Those sellers are selling products with free shipping option in the DSR rating in shipping and handling charges also buyer gives low ratings. How is it possible ? Seller offering the free shipping and then also buyers gives low ratings ? We are selling on other websites too. Feedback matters on other websites too. But they not do like eBay. Here so many listing are removed by eBay. But for that removal they don't gave any specific reasons. If we ask to customer support they tells that write to trust and safety they will help you. Then what is the use of customer support ? As due to competition sellers are selling products @ 2-3% margin and its benefit buyers will take but what seller is getting ? Such types of restrictions or non performance mark.Those sellers are having 100% positive feedback then also that seller is bad ?? How is it ?
Really eBay kindly pay attention towards it and make
change in policy.

Regards
rhtdm.6624
Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Unlike the American and EU nations, the online business in India is still at a nascent stage. In the western countries, people even buy toothpaste,soap and breakfast cereals from eBay whereas in India only a very educated segment of people attempt to make online purchase. If you see most of the buyers in India have less than 50 feedback whereas in USA and EU markets, the buyers also have feedback exceeding 1000s.

Indian buyers seek thrill of online purchase and therefore they need to be dealt with more care. The sellers should communicate with the buyers and should provide them a great online buying experience by sending them email after receiving their order, making a phone call etc. When these activities are done, the Indian buyer will also leave 5 stars.

Just my anticipation. I may be wrong.
Message 2 of 23
latest reply

devil_vijay
Community Member
please respond to this thread http://forums.ebay.in/thread.jspa?threadID=500007180
Message 3 of 23
latest reply

@real.phoenix...

Why phone call and email, I will visit the buyer at his house also but where is the profit margin my friend, show me a good bottom line and all things you say will be done. The bottom line is abysmal and on top of that ebay guidelines to be adhered to, where's the money man for all these formalities.

I have also purchased a lot of stuff (Treo and Palm phones) from US and even they(US sellers) are very miser(read professional) in their dealings. No maska is applied to the buyer. You have paid you have got your stuff, where is the need to bend over backwards, tell me.
Regards.
Raj Electroniks.
Message 4 of 23
latest reply

linusstudios
Community Member
1- What is benefit of Having powerseller Status?

In Ebay. com There are top on rated sellers, they get discounts on selling fees ... But in Ebay.in powersellers just get that "Billa" to put on their Profile.

2- Who is ultimately loosing?

I have lost my faith on DSR's after I got some unjust DSR's. now on I am not bothered about my DSR's so, I have cut down on my free shipping items' , "Courtesy Phone Call", and all similar things which used to help in DSR's . This is how DSR system which was meant to increase buyer satisfaction can backfire.

Its not the suitable time to implement DSR's in India, Indian online market has to evolve a lot to understand DSR's and it's importance. In .com baring a couple of professional sellers almost every seller is a buyer and every buyer is a seller, so they do realize the importance of DSR's.

Hope some policy maker understand this thing.
Message 5 of 23
latest reply

IMHO, and i have said it before, it is the DSR and feedback that keep the number of 'unfriendly' activities and attitudes of certain section of sellers at bay. The basic mindset of a section of indian sellers is 'buyer beware' and 'buyer is a fool'. It is the DSRs and feedback that keep some sellers courteous and helpful and eBay website afloat.

What i do agree with is that US and UK rules cannot be blindly applied in the Indian context. The cutoff for DSR can be reduced and the number of revised feedback possible should also be increased. Honestly, community court should be discontinued and something similar to eBay Buyer Protection (introduced on US website in recent past) should be brought in instead wherein eBay just mediates (and watches) the interaction between buyer and seller and gives either party a chance to settle matters on their own, failing which eBay actively intervenes. It would be much more effective and transparent than community court, IMHO.

I don't know whether eBay Guarantee is similar to that. I guess i will sooner or later. It is bound to happen.

P.S: Doesn't power seller status mean that seller receives immediate payout without buyer marking item as received? I read that on a help page. Correct me if i am wrong. -- Signature: I am Jack's complete lack of surprise.
-- Signature: I am Jack's complete lack of surprise.
Message 6 of 23
latest reply

Dear All

Keep positing your valuable comments in this.

Thanks
rhtdm.6624
Message 7 of 23
latest reply

@bhushan.mehta...

"Doesn't power seller status mean that seller receives immediate payout without buyer marking item as received? I read that on a help page. Correct me if i am wrong."

Bhushan sir, What you are referring to as immediate payout is called "Express Remittance", many sellers have the ER facility but they need not be power sellers, but most power sellers have the ER facility given by ebay. The ER also has fixed limit of payout depending upon your performance level and if you exceed the set ER limit then subsequent payment will be remitted by ebay as done to any other non ER seller. Hope that helps.
Regards.
Raj Electroniks.
Message 8 of 23
latest reply

Dear rajelectroniks

I also agree with you. Some of the sellers are doing wrong. They are selling products at very low price. e.g. I was selling previously Micromax X114 @1800 Also so many buyers are taking that without any issue. But some of the fool sellers are selling it @1500 May I know why ? If they not want to earn anything then why they reduce product prices ? Buyers already get GC coupons for there purchases. Then why seller reduce prices ? After giving this much discount then also buyer leaves negatives low DSR and harasment.

What do you think am I right?

Thanks
rhtdm.6624
Message 9 of 23
latest reply

linusstudios
Community Member
As clearly mentioned by Raj Jee.. Getting payment without the buyer confirming item receipt is not a benefit of being a power seller. that is the express remittance facility and is available to almost 80% of volume sellers.

Power seller status earlier used to get free Shipping material which has also been discontinued. It's a bait which has lost its charm now.
Message 10 of 23
latest reply