cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback: On eBay Trust & Safety India - URGENT & IMPORTANT PLEASE!!!

Touchwood - I have only 1 negative feedback on my account and for no fault of mine.

The customer opened a eBay Claim # 273341 stating that item was not working. Since claim was opened, I awaited intervention from eBay Claims team. In the interim, buyer got dissatisfied that his issue was not getting resolved without understanding that it was not my fault given that I was waiting for eBay Claims team to work on the case. He left negative feedback stating that his issue was not being resolved.

I spoke to executive in eBay Claims team proactively and got them to refund on "no questions asked" basis. I also requested buyer to withdraw his negative feedback. He responded on 13th Sept., '13 that while he was dissatisfied and frustrated, he did not intend to impact any one's business and hence, asked to release any actions resulting out of his comments / feedback. Therefore, I asked eBay Trust & Safety to remove the feedback. Despite the case being genuine, they refused to do so.

Their executives are like automatons / robots with no level of understanding and comprehension simply quoting that buyer did not specifically say to withdraw feedback even though the essence was that he was fine to remove the feedback. The concerned executive *zhar* was nonsensical and was absolutely of nil help. I asked for an escalation and to my horror, I was connected to one of the rudest team leaders by name *rinivasa* who did not possess even the slightest vestige of customer etiquette. All these guys are not directly from eBay but are eBay vendors. He even announced pompously that he will disconnect my call despite my request not to do so and then disconnected. The complete call I am sure was recorded.

Today, I again called up and spoke to a decent executive and registered a customer complaint against these guys plus a callback request from representative of eBay itself (not vendor). The service / complaint request # is 1-14574744973, 16/9/13. I hope eBay will remove the feedback immediately and set right the glaring blunders by its executives and team leader. I also hope that eBay team will playback the call recordings of the concerned staff and take serious action immediately. Please write back with a response / action taken against this complaint!!!

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

At the out set let me tell you that nothing will happen so don't keep your hopes high.

I had a very similar incident just a week back where the buyer claimed that item was not working and as it was under replacement warranty I asked the seller to send the item back and he agreed to do so(email proof), he was very clear that he wanted replacement and not a refund but he also wanted courier charges reimbursed so I requested him to contact ebay and ebay opened a guarantee claim and without any investigation or any phone to buyer and seller ebay did a refund to him(though I was covered under seller warranty) and he was so upset about it hat he gave me a negative feedback. 

Now when I contacted TnS as you right said they were extremely rude and that too without an iota of understanding of the matter(all SSC pass call center chaps have been employed) they simply said that negative feedback cannot be removed, when I escalated the call, some moron called Srinivasan came on line and he was outright insulting and started teaching me the ebay policies.

TnS's contention is 2 fold that 1. As we have covered the seller under warranty the feedback cannot be removed(actually there is no such rule) and 2. As item supplied was defective so the buyer has the right to give such a feedback.

Now it will be interesting to note that when ebay guarantee claim was introduced it was made very clear to the sellers that refund or replacement done will be done with in consultation with the buyer and seller both but now ebay themselves are openly flouting the rules as these stupid people are understaffed and also have no inclination to solve the issue and to avoid work get away by doing a refund to the buyer without informing the seller, so I will not be wrong when I say that it is actually ebay who is creating bad buyer experience because of which genuine buyers have migrated to other viable and friendly sites and ebay sellers are suffering due to this foolish refund policy.

At the end it is the seller who suffers due to ebay's illogical policies and bad implementation and there is nobody to help us.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

I too have dealth with this "Srinivasan" chap. I dont think ebay is serious about its business.

Since the time the country head got changed there seems to be a sudden change in how ebay works. The powership team used to respond to email in 24 hours, now it seems like they take 3-4 days maybe to respond.

T&S used to be supportive to both Buyers & Sellers now it looks like they somehow dont understand their business. Also on weekend or on Friday evening you cant get through to them. Strangly this happens on every friday evening and certain holidays. 

Ebay setup there customer support line for better service and they outsourced it to some company that have employeed people who do not want to work. 

In one incident this T&S executive called me on a sunday and asked me and to courier the item immediately.. on a SUNDAY.. when I refused he closed they claim by rejecting it. Later on my complaint the ebay security team gave back my money.

Ebay T&S team needs to be changed or atleast some higher person from ebay should try connecting to them on a friday evening.

To remove feedback a s per policies I called them up after tring for 3 days. They simply did not help and told please email your concern and someone will work on it. I sent and email on aug 31st and I am still waiting for them to reply back or work on it. **bleep** a seller its very crucial for me that the T&S team works **bleep** for them its a contract that needs to be fullfilled and are not bothered about service.

Anyway I have already started applying to other websites to sell a s vendor and also started searching other options. Service is going down in ebay.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply