Faulty gift from Ebay - Ebay acts dumb

Anonymous
Not applicable
During the diwali promotional offers, I purchased goods above 1000 Rs which entitled me to a free gift from Ebay. I opted for a 2GB iBall Pen drive.

After the gift was delivered, I found out that the pen drive is defective. I had contacted ebay on Dec 3rd notifying of the defective gift. I got a response from the Ebay customer support that they've escalated the issue and are looking into the matter.

Till date, I haven't received a single response from Ebay regarding the gift. I contacted the live support and they just repeated what was told in the email - "looking into the issue and will get back to you in due course."

Ebay boasts about PaisaPay and customer protection and blah blah blah....but when it comes to themselves....they don't care for their customers.

So one request to the ebay team - do not take your customers for granted.

Thanks!
Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

@probuddhanag...

Go to your nearest iball service center and get is replaced. You can check the service center list at www.iball.in
RajElectroniks
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

abdulib
Community Member
hello friend i had purchase Dual sim java E-phone mobile with diwali gift on oct 20,2010 still i am not received any gift from ebay.

So u have to happy, because i not supposed to get even a defective product from ebay.

Thanks
AbdulIb
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

ultimate.traders
Community Member
OPEN ITEMS SIGNIFICANTLY NOT AS DESCRIBED.OPEN EBAY GAURANTEE CLAIM,OPEN ITEM NOT RECEIVED CASES~~ AS BUYERS ARE MOSTLY INTERESTED IN THESE THINGS BEFORE CONTACTING SELLER.BUT HERE BOTH OF THEM HAD NO OPTION~HELPLESS FELLOWS!..GO LEAVE NEGATIVE FEEDBACK ON EBAY'S ID ~~!LOL!~:-p..

sorry i am in bad mood today~!
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
@ultimate.traders

That didn't help.

@rajelectroniks

Thanks for the advice - I will contact the iBall SC and see if something can be done.
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

ultimate.traders
Community Member
@probuddhanag
ofcourse ebay is too big to listen to such a small problem.
thats why we sellers always say our buyers contact us before reporting ebay about problems.
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
Update:-

Just received a brand new Pen Drive from Ebay as a replacement for the faulty product.

Thanks!
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

I have purchased a mobile phone worth Rs.11500/- from ebay during diwali promotional offer scheme. I opted for a Pcoket Hard disk but as on date I have not received the same. Ebay is not replying to my mails also. If ebay is not interested to dispatch the Gift then, please do respond to my mails atleast. Hope to receive a favourable action soon.

K. Mohankumar
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

powersales6666
Community Member
Hey,All you people out there, Do not Be Unhappy or Sad at all, Just once Talk to the Seller or EBAY if they Resolve your Query Great,But if they do not, Save the Mails and Walk into the Consumer Sector of Disputes, or The Consumer Court,and Lodge a Complaint in your Nearest Police Station under Section 420 Of the IPC, Do not let these people Go off that easily...
Message 9 of 9
latest reply