cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

FIRST THING TO DO WHEN YOU COME ACCROSS FRAUD NIGERIAN BUYER

bay_jyoti
Community Member
Dear seller friends, As soon as a fraud Nigerian buys your item and sends you an Email to ship it to any husband, wife, kid or partner in Nigeria, understand it that you are never going to earn anything from him. (One of them even 'offered' me Rs 65,000.00 for my handset worth Rs 10,000/- , I gave him choicest of abuses in return). First thing you do is not to contact eBay team, but leave a negative feedback for him even before any deal. Give him harshest of harsh comments like: 'Sellers, beware of this dog; he is a fraud from Nigeria'.
I have personally done it 3 times and was satisfied to see that within a few hours 1 or more such negative comments were added and within 2 days he was thrown out of eBay. When a Nigerian enters here, he is not here to loot a single seller. He does it with 2-3 or more at a time. All we have to do is unite and spread the word immediately. So just rush to give him a feedback and friends.....first one there is the king...and last one is a .......;-) so let's race...:^O
One more thing. Just don't worry. According to eBay's new policy, being a non-payer he cannot leave a feedback for you. Yours always
Jyoti
Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

emailswarup
Community Member
Hi,
I think its the best to post on this board the IDs of the Nigerian frauds to alert all. I know ebay has some other links to report such fraud, which should also be used. Best Regards
Swarup Dutta
ID : emailswarup
Best Regards ๐Ÿ˜„
Swarup
Kolkata

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

anithagroups
Community Member
A nigerian has placed orders with me. He has payed through Credit Card and Paisapay shows as payment received and it shows in my current balance. I have also shipped the products. I am really worried about recieving the payment. Is there any way Paisapay can now turn their backs if nigerian is a fraud and not pay me. Will I receive the payment?
Message 3 of 18
latest reply

Dear anithagroups,
I will like to through some light about the Credit Card Frauds.

If the Nigerian Buyers has paid you through Credit Card and the payment shows in your Paisapay account then be prepare for the Charge Back from the Credit Card Company.

Charge back means when a real and genuine holder of Credit Card files a Claim to his Credit Card company that the Amount Charged in his Credit Card account is not initiated by him and niether he have any thing to do with it.

In other words these fraud Nigerians get the Credit Card Number and then make online purchase from it and when the Real holder of the Card know abt it ...He claims the money back.....

So as you had already shipped the item...You should first try to get it back ...I mean if its possible that u stopt the proceeding of ur consignment and get the product back ....if itsnt possible ...Atleast you should get a POD,So that You can Challange the Charge Back from Paisapay.

Please do let me know if you need any further information.
I will be happy to answer it.

Thanks and Regards,
Deep Agarwal.
Shree_Krishna_Gems.
Message 4 of 18
latest reply

bay_jyoti
Community Member
The thing that eats into my mind is, even though a Nigerian has used someone else's credit card for payment, he must have given some real address for goods delivery! Can't he be tracked down quite easily?! Or is it that Nigerian police has even better "hafta system" than back home. If it is so, tell the owner countries of EBAY to 'nuke' them!!! Or at least try to reason with them. (I hope they do not deserve similar treatment in the hands of west as did Afghanistan and Iraq: After-all they too are eating into our peace of mind and 'freedom' to conduct business).
Many of us have shipping addresses of these frauds. EBAY team alongwith UK and US police should collect these and crack-down with the help of Nigerian Police (if any!).
Do you think seriously that there is a thing called 'Police' in Nigeria?? Yours always
Jyoti
Message 5 of 18
latest reply

anithagroups
Community Member
What is a POD ? Where do i get it from ?
Message 6 of 18
latest reply

anithagroups
Community Member
What is the system of chargeback? How do sellers come out of this fraud done by buyers?
Message 7 of 18
latest reply

huzzi@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Dear anithagroups,

A chargeback occurs when the buyer (i.e. the card-holder) disputes a charge on his credit card statement with his card-issuing bank stating that he did not do the transaction. On receiving such complaint from the card-holder, the card issuing bank credits the card holder and recovers the amount from PaisaPay. In turn, PaisaPay deducts the amount from the respective seller's PaisaPay Account. The seller is notified of the recovery through an email.

In case the seller has dispatched the item to the buyer, he is eligible to get the credit for this recovery from PaisaPay. To receive the credit, the seller is required to send a valid Proof of Delivery (POD) to PaisaPay by fax or email within 10 (ten) days of intimation of such chargeback. On receipt of the valid POD PaisaPay will give the credit in the seller's PaisaPay Account within seven days.

I hope this clarifies your concern.
Regards,
Huzzi

Regards,
Huzzi
Message 8 of 18
latest reply

anithagroups
Community Member
Dear Huzzi,

Thank you very much for clarifying my doubts.

I feel little relaxed after understanding Paisapay
credit procedure. However I have some more doubts.

In my current PaisaPay balance is 11,450 and I have
shipped the goods to the buyer (dont know if the
buyer is genuine or not). I will receive the POD
within a month. My billing cycle is on 25th which
is after 2 days. So will I receive my DD of
11,450 balance by 3 days of 25th.

If later there is a chargeback for fraud or whatever
reasons and I fax my POD to Paisapay will I get
full credit back of 11,450.

If so then who bears the actual loss ?

And where do we fax the POD as no fax number is
mentioned anywhere on the website?

With this questions answer I would be in a better
position as a seller.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Vivek.
Message 9 of 18
latest reply

huzzi@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Dear anithagroups,

You will receive the payment for the amount shown in the current PaisaPay a/c.

In case you receive the chargeback on a later date the amount would be deducted from your PAisaPay account & once you provide the proof of delivery the amount would be reimbursed to you.
Regards,
Huzzi

Regards,
Huzzi
Message 10 of 18
latest reply