cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Educating first time or new buyers on credit card verification process

mandeepsahni
Community Member
One thing which I have found many times as a seller is that new or first time buyers are not very well aware of verification process done in case of high value credit card payments. Please form a process for making them aware in Ebay for new or first time buyers before their first purchase as it will lead to more efficient and faster online high value credit card transactions and thereby enhance customer shopping experience. If there is such a process in place I think more tweaking is required. For example a customer should be aware that he has to send Self signed fax or email to Paisapay department which should mention complete name, address, ebay user id, paisa pay transaction id, date and amount of purchase, credit card details (credit card no. date of expiry, type of credit card, name of credit card holder) all type written alongwith photocopy of back and front of your credit card. Also the subject of his email or message should mention "Paisapay id xxxxxxxx". Please share your thoughts on this.
Regards
Mandeep Sahni
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

emailswarup
Community Member
Hi,

This is a valid and reasonable suggestion and I agree to this.

Just want to add that when the seller see the Payment under process message (Hourglass icon), the buyer does not see that. The new buyers often have the impression that the payment is done and the seller is delaying the delivery. The buyer should also see the same icon so that he / she knows that the seller has not got clearance for delivery. Best Regards 😄
Swarup Dutta
Kolkata
Best Regards 😄
Swarup
Kolkata

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi emailswarup,

Normally when a Payment is under process, both the buyer ans seller will see the Hourglass icon. This ensures smooth communication between buyers and sellers.

If you have faced situations, when one party of the transaction saw hourglass, while other saw Rs icon, then I will encourage you to report the same to the Customer Support via Contact Us. They will investigate the problem and ensure appropriate action.

Thanks,
Sapana
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

adeepz
Community Member
I agree but e-bay should also have a customer feedback telephone number.This live chat and online complaint is useless.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply