cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Ebay should control VAT charges on lisitngs.

Dear Ebay team,

As we all know that we have option of VAT charge addition to listing prices.
But some sellers are taking undue advantages of that.

As per our legal records the max VAT on computers & electronic product is 4% VAT & 3 % CST in all states.still some sellers are charging 10 to 15% on listing ,

They drop down there listing prices & add 10 to 15% tax on that , its will create some wrong impression on buyers mind.

Ebay is also loosing there part due to it .we request ebay team to look after it , we need some good firm polices on that so no one can suffer.

We hope for reply from our good seller & community members regarding this.

Regards.

Mahavir Computers Pvt Ltd.

Mumbai

---------------
With Regards,
Mahavir Computers Pvt Ltd

";)
Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

aria.jewels
Community Member
Dear Ebay,
i would rather suggest to stop the vat and the prices that the seller puts up should be including the vat only shipping charges can be defined and not vat

i find it funny that vat differs from seller to seller even when seller is from same city one seller charges 4% and the other charges 12% just to bring down the price of the product and cheat the customer by getting his attraction towards the price

i have even noticed some sellers charge vat on shipping and handling also
were on the earth does any government of any country allows such a thing?

i regret to inform i feel the sellers who charge higher vat may not even been paying this vat to the tax people
or may not even have a vat registration

i would request once again to stop this seperation and all product should have prices along with vat and only shipping should be seperated
Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Dear sellers.

I too agree with the terms no VAT.

As some sellers are taking undue advantage of same.

so its good that it will be included in listing price.

I request pinks to think on same & reply.

thanks

---------------
With Regards,

";)
Message 3 of 13
latest reply

posting.id.in
Community Member
mahavircomputers_in1,

Sau chuhe kha kar aab Haj jaana hai?

I see you are selling digital cameras and MP3 players at very low prices so it is certain that these are customs duty evaded products.

For duty evaded products I am sure you do not get purchase bills and without purchase bills I am sure you are not paying VAT to the government on the sale of the same.

You are also charging VAT at the rate of 7% in some of your listings:

http://cgi.ebay.in/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270126744604

On what basis are you charging the same? There are only two VAT rates in the county 4% and 12.5% Where does this unique "7" percentage come from?

-------------
Message 4 of 13
latest reply

gizmozindia
Community Member
Posting id,

whoever you are, you are genius. And mahavir computer should have raised this issue if he had been clean himself.

90% of the selelrs on Ebay are not registered with sales tax deppt.

We hope some day salestax deppt wakes up asks these sellesr their VAt registartion.

Dear fellow sellers the penalties for evading Vat are too high and all your transaction are in black and white on Ebay.

And just for the records dear fellow sellers you need to be VAT registered dealer as soon as you make first interstate deal ๐Ÿ˜‰
Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Hello All Fellow Sellers,

A simple solution has been offerred to ebay. Such solution exists in other ebay sites.

Sellers should be categorised as Individual and Business. Individual sellers would have listings and selling restrictions, say, 10 listings or gross sales of Rs.1,00,000/- in a quater.

To be registered as a Business Seller, you should provide your VAT registration to ebay.

Business Sellers should be requited to provide ebay with a copy of their monthly / quaterly vat returns to ebay. These returns should reflect ebay sales. For e.g. if a seller is doing ebay sales of Rs.1/- lakh a month, than his vat returns should show a turnover in excess of one lakh a month.

Only Business Sellers should be allowed to charged VAT and not individual sellers.

Being an eternal optimist, I am hoping ebay will impelement something of this sort soon.
Message 6 of 13
latest reply

gizmozindia
Community Member
Dear Veedeedirect

how would a individual sell a item commercially, still baffles us.

Anyone who makes a interstate sale should have a VAT no.

Sales within a state till a certain value is exempted from getting registered with sales tax deppt.
Message 7 of 13
latest reply

gizmozindia
Community Member
Again we would be inetrested to know as to how many sellers selling internationally have IE code.

Most of the items being exported from ebay sellers are being sent as samples.

That again is not as per laws of the land.
Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Gizmo,

A lot of people have a lot of personal used stuff to sell off.

Say you have a few things lying around your house which you do not use, the best way to get some money from them would be list them on ebay.

This is what I meant by individual sellers. Seller mostly selling off used personal items.

I do not think the sales tax / vat authorities would be interested in these sales.

Business sellers are those who are selling for a profit. Those who are trading or manufacturing - trading.
Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Dear posting.id.in ,

Its true that our VAT charges are 7%. (4%VAT & 3 % CST)

we have raised the issue to clear vat issue , as to get sales we have to put the rate apart from listing price so we can get sales.

as 99% on same cat. sales like these , as how can we sustain our identity's witohut it.

If u have any good option or suggestion kindly help us.

For any interstate sales the VAT & CST is compulsory.

its mandatory by govt to have TAX nos for any sales so we request ebay to give some guideline on same. as VAT rules are very strict .

we always provide Bill with all our product so it shows that we pay TAX to govt.

Dear posting.id.in ,we import cameras form Singapore & Indonesia , for any imports u do not need to pay any VAT.

for sale we have to pay VAT & CST.

i hope our post will help in solving VAT issue on ebay.

we request all seller please post your views on same.

thanks

mahavir computers Pvt. ltd.

Mumbai

---------------
With Regards,

";)
Message 10 of 13
latest reply