Ebay india - WORST customer service ever

best_deals_4all
Community Member
I have been an Ebay user since 2004 ( Registered in ebay.com ) and have had great experience with the international site, both selling and buying.

But am extremely disappointed of Ebay India's customer support.

I sold a mobile on ebay india via paisapay and the corresponding paisapay bank remittance occurred on Nov 8th 2010. However the money was not transferred to my bank account.

I have been contacting the customer support ever since then to understand what the problem is. The standard response I keep hearing is that this matter has been escalated and that I should get a response in 24-28 hrs.

But nobody has bothered to contact me back ( not even once ) and keep hearing the same excuse whenever I call back customer support.

This is very frustrating. Do these guys even understand what escalation means ? I am not expecting a resolution right away, all I am asking for is some info on what/where the problem is.

Someone up there please look into this and help me out. I had to pull down my other auctions because I am not sure I will get the money from paisapay.
Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

best_deals_4all
Community Member
Update:

I finally got an email today saying there is problem with my bank account. Happy to have finally heard back.

Time to get the issue resolved for real. Will keep the thread updated as things progress.
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

best_deals_4all
Community Member
Update:

Paisapay's IFSC code database is wrong. My bank branch's code is mentioned in paisapay is ****0000517.

However the correct code is ****0000017. Reported this to customer care.

This is probably the root cause of the issue.
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

2010timesworld
Community Member
I have shipped the item through COD cash on delivery through paisa pay system alloted aramex courier. The curier company was prompt in delivering the item but did not collect the amount from customer saying they have no instructions to collect the same. The item has been delivered and how will i get my money since it has not been collected from the customer.I have called customer support 4 times in a week but they r repeating the same thing that we escalated the issue and they will contact me. I have also emailed .So how can i get a solution for this .
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

The most sluggish customer care(the name is a misnomer!)I have come across in recent times is e-bay. If the care is missing then soon there will be no customer.
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Ebay have worst services in india. I have purchased an item from ebay, after 10 days when i call to customer care ( after 20 Min. hold) they told me that my order was cancelled, and tell me to re-order , i re-order the same item and Pay online, again after 10 days they have returned my item, just 10Km near my house, without knowing me, and told me initiate refund.
 ebay is worst, their customer service are worst, and soon ebay will be flopped if they are gonna do these things. I recommends all of my friends, classmates and employees not to use ebay.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Ebay have worst services in india. I have purchased an item from ebay, after 10 days when i call to customer care ( after 20 Min. hold) they told me that my order was cancelled, and tell me to re-order , i re-order the same item and Pay online, again after 10 days they have returned my item, just 10Km near my house, without knowing me, and told me initiate refund.
 ebay is worst, their customer service are worst, and soon ebay will be flopped if they are gonna do these things. I recommends all of my friends, classmates and employees not to use ebay.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

On Ebay. Anyone can mis use the policies. Normally all sellers selling since years are good.

Because they know everything about Ebay.

One of the important think to know about Ebay is. It is Buyer's site. For sellers there is nothing from Ebay.

As a buyer few customer harass you. Few abuse you. Few black maill you.  My friend works in Hitech city where lakhs or IT professionals work. He provided information on Facebook. As usual they know everything about the online. So, few people purchase items. Mainly below Rs.900 and without manufacturing warranty. Simply use it. After using black mail Sellers. If seller is strong and do not listen to their black mail like sending few free items etc. They Raise a claim. And false claim can be raised anyone.

Once claim is raised Ebay just to get their own business for their own name. They settle the claims in buyer favor.

Buyers black mail and give wrong information and also give false negative feedback. But, since this Feedback is against sellers NOT against Ebay. Ebay display on website.

When contacted their customer care and supervisors. Simply give you answers that you never get convinced.

And their email system is very bad. They respond after 7 days, 10 days and there are cases where they respond after 15 days.

Buyers has nothing to loose on Ebay. I am not saying all buyers are bad. But, there are 5 percent bad buyers available. And it is not even fault with Buyers. It is Ebay's fault. Because, if you through currency on road. Anyone who find, nobody is watching you. Or nobody punish you. Then even a normal person try to steal that money. Take in his pocket. Because it is money that change the minds.

Here on Ebay. Nobody will caught you. What will happen you as buyer?

You will not even get a NEGATIVE feedback. Because, negative feedback can be given only to SELLERS. 100% wrong rights.

Even if some non smart Buyer not able to convinced. Then just their claim get rejected.

Is that fake buyer loosing anything.

But, as a buyer he black mail you. give you lot of trouble. Claim again count in your account.

You feel like, is this a business or harassment.

You ask for Ebay head and managers email. Nobody provide you. As per LAW of this land it must be escalated to higher authorties.

But, They take it light. Currently Ebay customer care is really bad.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply