EBay Customer Service is the worst

asar4502
Community Member
Here is my entire problem in detail for you to keep track of. Since clearly, your own records are fairly screwed up.

28th June: I make a possible mistake of ordering a Brand New Unlocked Iphone 5s I assume that I'm in safe hands because it has an Ebay Guarantee. (probably my second mistake)

2nd July: The phone has arrived and seems fine and working all right.

10th July: The phone gets stuck on "searching" symbol randomly and shows hardware issues. Also switches of and on. I call up the seller and describe my problem. He agrees to replace the defected piece. 

13th July: 
The seller agreed to send a replacement. I dispatched the piece with me to the given address the very same day.

26th July: The replacement phone reached me. 

30th July:The phone had a loose power button, came in an opened wrong box, had horrible and unpredictable battery power. I called up the seller instantly telling him the issue. He agreed to replace it again and promised to send the replaced piece, the same day.

8th Aug: After not receiving anything and chasing him for a week, with no response to my phone calls or emails, I decide to open a Resolution case on Ebay.in.

9th Aug: Case opened. Please check the entire history, if you want. I can send you screenshots of the entire conversation as proof if you require that. In the case, he once again agreed to send a replacement on 17th Aug.

19th Aug: As the claim reached its 10 day period and maximum no of messages, it had to be shut down. The seller once again absconded and stopped replying to my messages or picking up calls, on the pretext that he is out of stock!!!!

20th Aug; With no choice, I had to unsatisfactorily close the claim and choose the Ebay Protection Plan, which offers reimbursement on some conditions and blacklists the seller.

Since that day, I have had no response from Ebay on my case. It said it had gone to Trust & Security.... but I haven't gotten any update on the same. Its been 10 days!!! First send me 2 defected phones, and then stop responding to my queries!

Time is passing, and my product is just lying there of no use, and I am out of my money as well! Ebay and the seller in this case have been of no help and haven't kept their word.

I can be more precise than this, if you want. I have all emails, text conversations, screenshots of Resolution Case if you want as proof. I briefly showed the Apple Store the product sent, and they said it may have duplicate parts inside. This is shameful on Ebays part, if it is associating with cheating sellers like this one. I call up Ebay helpline at least twice a day to hear the same response, we'll get back to you in 24 hours. Same on Facebook and Twitter.... cmon Ebay! What is with your horrible customer service? Im very close to dragging this to consumer court. I have all the proofs to show that your seller has cheated me!!!

Please read this email and understand my problem and solve it. Im waiting to hear from Ebay to resolve this.

Very very disappointed and annoyed and tired customer.

Please have some shame and do something about this. I want my money back!
Message 1 of 1
latest reply
0 REPLIES 0