cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

E-bay allowing Fraud Sellers to make fun of Buyers

gurdeep_rajpal
Community Member
There are a lot of Genuine Sellers on E-bay but a few like yuvi_collection are clearly making fun of Buyers and E-Bay is watching that happen quite merrily.The seller lists apparels on Re.1.00 listing and awaits bids.If he gets the desired bid he ships the item else he doesn't even bothers to reply anything to the buyer. I had forwarded a complaint about it to E-bay earlier & was assured that action would be taken but anyone can see that the Seller is doing the same thing yet again with other buyers and E-bay is watching and allowing him to do so.How can E-bay justify to allow a Seller with a rating(-1).WAKE UP E-BAY BEFORE CUSTOMERS LIKE ME CANCEL THEIR MEMBERSHIP.
Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

I hundred percent agree with you.There is big scam going on ebay in name of 1 rupee auction.
That happens to me recently.
I purchased gemstone yellow pokharaj (great image of same listed on listing and size of 5.8) which listed on ebay on
1 Rupee auction. I purchased it @ 1800. As per my estimate
cost of it in real market @ 6000 to 7000.
I called seller 3 or 4 times to send it to me and at last day of paisapay delivery period he dispatched item.
When I got stone which was no way match to stone which was listed.
It was fake stone along with lot of stretches.
I complained buyer and he told me simply to send it back and he refund money.
What option I left?
I simply send it back and take refund.
Moral of the story is if I purchase pokharaj @ 6000 or 7000 INR then sell would have send original one which he listed in listing but bid ended @ 1800 so he send me fake pokharaj and then offer me refund because he know it in advance.
Same thing happens to me some 8 month ago with 12.4 caret
ruby which I won @ 500 something and then same proccider
was followed like complain to seller then seller offer refund and got back money and sent fake product back.
Then I decided that I will not ever purchase gem stones from ebay.

Samin
Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Ebay has given buyer a formidable weapon.
Please apply that.
Message 3 of 12
latest reply

How can I sir?
At that time my hands are tied because fear of retaliation so I give him positive feedback and still waiting for reciprocation.

Samin
Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Dear rajawadu,
The moral of the story is to buy items like Gemstones only from only reputed Seller on eBay.

If you will try to buy gemstone like Pukhraj which is really expensive stone at 1 Rupee auction then maximum chances are that either you will get a fake stones/or its simulant.

Please always remember one thing that no seller can provide gemstones like pukhraj at 1 Rupee auction,Pukhraj is one of the Navratna and it is very precious stone.

In any market,It is buyers responsibility to see that what he is buying and what price he is paying and also should ask seller for gemstone certificate from Govt. of India Recognised lab,which some seller provides including ME.

You said that you purchased a pukhraj in 1 Rupee auction for Rs.1800 and in real market the cost may be Rs.6000 at least.

So,do you think any seller can sell Natural Pukhraj stones at 30% of market price?

If you want a real deal then please buy from Real and professional sellers only.

There are all kind of seller on eBay,just like your local market,But you get a advantage here in eBay that you can recognize a reputed seller by his feedback history and also if any problem arise with the transaction you can contact seller for solution or reach eBay for refund.

So,I hope from next time you will buy from reputed seller and the transaction will go smoothly.

Best of Luck!

Best Regards,
Deep Agarwal.
Shree Krishna Gems

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Respected Sir,
I am regualer seller on ebay and already sold lot of high value products.
I know about feedback and both seller I purchased from had feed back rating of 1000 or more.
Those sellers agreed for refund immediately without hesitation but what I want to say is they didnt want to give me gemstones I purchased from them in first place so they sent fake items and offer me refund.But I didnt purchase product from ebay or anywhere for taking refunds.
I am very much against new ebay policy of feedback but as per my judgment (may be wrong) it implemented only because this kind of bad buying experience from mobile,electronic, jewelry category and 1 rupee auctions

Samin
Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Dear,
If it looks too good to be true, the chance is that it is too good to be true.
Judging a seller by feedback has become a farce nowadays.
I started with a negative in the old system. But there was relief. Now nobody cares. Even ebay does not take feedback seriously.
Thanx,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 7 of 12
latest reply

gurdeep_rajpal
Community Member
That simply means that E-Bay is only bothered about the Revenue and Buyers should just go to Hell!!!!!
Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Dear Sir Mr. Amitva
I think on their regular survey lot of buyers might have complained to ebay about this kind of bad buying expiriance and so ebay come with this new ridiculous feedback policy.
Of course this is purely guess work from my part.

Samin
Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Yes yes. That is a way of buttering buyers.
Ebay thinks it can generate more buys.
But buyer wants item.
Not just FB.
Message 10 of 12
latest reply