Seller's contact details

ishathakor
Community Member
I strongly feel that Ebay as a policy should check that Tel# mentioned by sellers are genuine and working.
I have been trying to reach Computer Pavillion on their listed tel# 011 4217 8083 for the entire day - got through once when some lady said its a worng no - otherwise its perenially engaged.
I wanted to check on about shipment of my purchase and am hitting this wall.
Regards
Anil Thakur
Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Seller's contact details

indraneel@ebay.com
Community Member
Hello Anil (ishathakor),

Thank you for highlighting your concerns reagrding verification of sellers however we do have such a verification process in place and we always strive to ensure that our platform is safe for buying.

Though we have taken note of the issue being raised by you I'd encourage you to use the 'Ask Seller a Question' link on the listing of the item that you have won :-).

Hope the above information was useful and addresses your concerns.

Regards,
Indraneel
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Seller's contact details

damann14025
Community Member
I agree with Anil reg. the phone no. being constantly engaged or not responding, but I have encountered another problem with the sellers. The sellers after the receipt of payment do not ship the items within a reasonable time. I am a newbie on ebay but this has happened twice with me in this short span of time. All the emails go unanswered and when contacted over the phone their answer is 'my system was down', meaning that they had no access to the computer. I fail to understand how a person can do ebay business in the absence of a computer.
Even if we accept their plea of non accessibility of a computer, it is totally unacceptable that there is no public computer nearby. The fact seems to be that after receiving the money they feel smug and do not care about their responsibility of shipping the item within a reasonable time frame. The idea of complaining about such sellers by name is totally abhorrent to me, but such actions by some, though a very small percentage, unscrupulous sellers leaves a very bad taste. I strongly feel that eBay should do some independent third party verification before allowing registered users to sell on eBay or take some other suitable steps to remedy this situation. This definitely shakes ones faith in the efficacy of eBay as online shopping mall.
Ardaman
Message 3 of 3
latest reply