cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate Samsung Mobile Sold by ebay vide PaisaPay ID- ***

saurabhnu
Community Member

Duplicate Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos has been delivered by ebay.in vide PaisaPay ID- ***

The claim for this duplicate product has been lodged after 3 calls to ebay customer care as they were not ready to lodge the complain and asking me to present the proof.

Claim is the first step to stop the payment to seller which is expected to be lodged without any delay.

Secondly, I have discussed this issue with the seller and he is also ready to return the product but ebay customer service is not making any immediate necessary effort to correct their fraud.

I challenge if any body from the ebay management or support team can take my questions. 

1) Why can't ebay be held responsible for this fraud and just the seller. As the product were purchased through ebay and by considering ebay's brand name and not the name of seller?

2) Who will be held guilty for non-inspection of the product before delivery.Can't ebay carry out a simple check what other sites preferably do?

3)Even if the seller is ready to accept the product Can't ebay come-forward with urgency to correct this fraud.Why didn't they yet?

4) Who will be held responsible for the inconvenience and the delay in lodging of claim(not ebay?)

5) Who will be paying for the harassment faced by customer? Do you own any policy for this as well?

6) What is the solution for this kind of issue if it is not be encountered in future?

I guess these questions wouldn't get a fitting reply as ebay would simply apologize and would stick to their policy.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

relimart
Community Member

1) Why can't ebay be held responsible for this fraud and just the seller. As the product were purchased through ebay and by considering ebay's brand name and not the name of seller?

ANS: Ebay is a platform to help buyers meet Sellers. Any issue faced by a Buyer is sorted out by eBay or is mediated. eBay cant be help responsible same way if you had bought that phone with stolen money. Do you think police will catch eBay for helping you buy a mobile with stolen money?

2) Who will be held guilty for non-inspection of the product before delivery.Can't ebay carry out a simple check what other sites preferably do?

Ans: eBay can carry out that simple check. Its soo simple that ebay had to hire 1 rep for every seller so that means ebay has to raise the comission for the added cost and then that cost will be passed on to buyers like you. Very simple isint it?

3)Even if the seller is ready to accept the product Can't ebay come-forward with urgency to correct this fraud.Why didn't they yet?

Ans: Have you heard of eBay Guarantee? Do you know how to raise a eBay guarantee claim?

4) Who will be held responsible for the inconvenience and the delay in lodging of claim(not ebay?)

Ans: Obviously You... Can you provide this discussion forum with a claim ID? I am sure you would have raised one..  didnt you?

5) Who will be paying for the harassment faced by customer? Do you own any policy for this as well?

Ans: If eBay starts paying harrasment charges to buyers as well as sellers then ebay will run out of money. Ex. One of my buyer had an issue with a product. I make sure all my packet has a pla card with all my contact details. That buyer raised a claim and in the content he copy pasted my email.. which had nothing to do with the issue. Now I too would demand mental harrasment compensation.. its eBay who got me such buyer.

6) What is the solution for this kind of issue if it is not be encountered in future?

Ans: Ebay has already given a solution.

Click on the link here http://pages.ebay.in/aboutebay/eBay_Guarantee.html

Next raise a claim with the photograph .. remember its helpful to attach a photo so that the person reading the email is satisfied by your claim and can process your claim fast.. as a buyer I too faced similar issue and ebay might be a little late but they do give back the money.

In your case eBay will initiate a con call between you & the seller. Once you both talk it out eBay claims team will take action accordingly...

FINALLY THIS IS FOR EVERY SINGLE BUYER: Sellers are selling on eBay platform, they are not working for eBay or your slaves  who has started a business only you give you free items or cheat you of every 10rs that you have on you.

Also if you have anymore issue please message me I can guide you.. I dont work for eBay

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Hi,

Seems you have no more to say other than the one which is used as "lollipop" by ebay to its customer.

I have raised a very simple question of how this inconvenience can be stopped and your answer was just by ebay guarantee..I mean come-on we are talking about solution and not the resolution...Do you know the difference between both?

Let me put forward an example: Mr Lalu Prasad yadav has been brought to justice for Scam but has the money been recovered from him. The way you are looking at this is-the man has been finally brought to justice but my point of concern is how can we stop this as the country's wealth cannot be recovered even after he is sentenced.

Lets get back to the questions:

1) For how long you are transiting online?

Do you know if the payment made by illegal source is reported then the order can be cancelled by following a well defined procedure. Hence ebay would be responsible for the related action of cancellation.

2) Have you heard the term competition?

To exists in today's market these costs(commision) has to be beard. Don't you think sites like Homeshop18,Flipkart, Amazon think about pricing? Still they carry out these check.

3) I was talking about immediate action as both parties are ready for immediate resolution.

Secondly, It took around 30 minutes to lodge claim. Is this justification?

4) How come a customer be responsible for inconvenience caused by delivery of duplicate product? Just because they have choose such a fraud site.? and secondly the problem in lodging of complain was "It was being asked to present the proof by Samsung that the product is duplicate" for lodging of claim.

Samsung reply was "we are not here for issuing PROOF for every duplicate product you purchase"..

5) In your issue I would say "Exceptions cannot be termed as perception" and BTW do they have policy for this also?

As mine is a genuine case of harassment.

Hope you would revert back in case of any doubt...and most welcome if you still choose to defend.\\

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

No body can defend here anything.

A solution has been provided in the previous reply. Details have also been provided... you dont seem like a genuine buyer...

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

BTW I am not here to get a certificate about my genuinity from you.

I am describing the problems faced when non-genuine product is delivered and I am seeking safety measures to stop it.

as by carrying out quality checks and others..Hope now you have understood the cause of discussion.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

relimart
Community Member
I never said I am giving you a certificate. Not sure why every reply of yours starts with being about you. Talking about discussion I have already answered that quality check is not possible. I am sure you understand that sellers here are from all over India. Setting up a quality check point is not possible. Sending the item to the nearest check point and then sending it to the buyer is also a problem as the NE t discussion would be about how slow eBay is and how quick other website is.

EBay is a MARKETPLACE and does not selling anything directly or in directly other than service to buyers & sellers.

Comparing a third party site that has still not made any profit and has just switched to a marketplace platform while continuing to sell using another name just for the investors sake is wrong.

EBay has spent a lot to protect its buyers not sure why???? when clearly some are just..........

EBay has eBay guarantee program to help buyers. EBay checks on every sellers feedback regularly. EBay has strict policy about every thing. EBay now provides logistics support. EBay regularly provides discount coupon. List is long.

EBay takes action on every listing being reported.

Now have you understood what the discussion is about?
Message 6 of 6
latest reply